Random Rumours

Remy had 14 goals in 26 appearances last year.

Looks like goal.com is saying cech is for sale for 10 million. Seems awfully low for one of the best keepers in the world who's only 32.

yes, but teams know we have to sell one of them

‘Chelsea To Pursue Roma Striker Destro’

Chelsea are reportedly ready to pursue Roma striker Mattia Destro before the end of the summer transfer window.
According to Il Messaggero, Roma sporting director Walter Sabatini, who recently made a trip to England to hold a meeting with Manchester United regarding a possible Mehdi Benatia transfer, also met with Chelsea to speak about a potential swap deal involving Destro and struggling Blues striker Fernando Torres.
Mattia Destro scored 13 goals and provided two assists in his 20 Serie A appearances for Roma last term, while Torres scored five goals and provided five assists in his 30 Premier League appearances for Chelsea during the 2013-14 campaign.

Manchester United has moved quickly to add experience to a squad beaten 2-1 by Swansea on Saturday.

Sky Sports Italy reports that United is set to sign Argentine international defender Marcos Rojo to a four-year deal on a $29 million transfer fee from Sporting Lisbon. As part of the deal, Portugal international winger Nani will also be returning to the club that handed him his professional debut on a year-long loan. Both players will have medicals at their new clubs to finalize the transaction.

Rojo, 24, is a left-sided central defender, a position that manager Louis van Gaal greatly wished to bolster. A product of the Estudiantes academy, Rojo has spent the last two seasons with Sporting after coming over from Spartak Moscow. He featured in all six of Argentina's World Cup matches in Brazil and scored in the team's 3-2 victory over Nigeria in the round of 16.

Nani, 27, has spent the past six seasons with United since coming over from Sporting in 2007. With the club, he's won four BPL titles, four FA Cups and the 2008 Champions League title. In 147 appearances with the Red Devils, he's scored 25 times.

http://www.tsn.ca/soccer/story/?id=459686

Manchester United has moved quickly to add experience to a squad beaten 2-1 by Swansea on Saturday.

Sky Sports Italy reports that United is set to sign Argentine international defender Marcos Rojo to a four-year deal on a $29 million transfer fee from Sporting Lisbon. As part of the deal, Portugal international winger Nani will also be returning to the club that handed him his professional debut on a year-long loan. Both players will have medicals at their new clubs to finalize the transaction.

Rojo, 24, is a left-sided central defender, a position that manager Louis van Gaal greatly wished to bolster. A product of the Estudiantes academy, Rojo has spent the last two seasons with Sporting after coming over from Spartak Moscow. He featured in all six of Argentina's World Cup matches in Brazil and scored in the team's 3-2 victory over Nigeria in the round of 16.

Nani, 27, has spent the past six seasons with United since coming over from Sporting in 2007. With the club, he's won four BPL titles, four FA Cups and the 2008 Champions League title. In 147 appearances with the Red Devils, he's scored 25 times.

http://www.tsn.ca/soccer/story/?id=459686

I liked the look of rojo at the world cup, although I don't think he is the calabre of player United fans are hoping for.

Guest RFC_CFC

Don't think we need either.

Right back is Ivan/Dave

Centre back is Cahill/Terry/Ivan/Zouma

Left back is Azpi/Luis

Then we still have the younger boys if needs must for a game or two.

Anyone we bring in would just be a bench warmer tbh.

Thoughts on Nastasic? City are willing to let him go. Alternative to Varane, he's still young despite struggling with injuries last season. He had a great debut season two years ago. I think he's still a very talented player. 

City wouldn't sell to us and he's got nothing on Varane.  I think he's got potential but I doubt he'll end up in the world class bracket, whereas Varane should.  Since we've been consistently linked various CB's all summer, I'm quietly hoping Mourinho wants to get Varane out of a deal sending Cech to Madrid.  We look short a man in central defence.  Terry has back problems and usually has time out, he's also getting older.  Ivanovich is currently covering two positions and Zouma is very much a prospect.  Terry also has to hang up his boots eventually.

Marca reported Varane, Di Maria and Benzema missed training yesterday so I have a little suspicion.  Hope to f**k he doesn't go to United even though they're in dire need of a CB.  We obviously need a backup striker more, but it won't happen until we can get rid of Torres which seems impossible.

City wouldn't sell to us and he's got nothing on Varane. I think he's got potential but I doubt he'll end up in the world class bracket, whereas Varane should. Since we've been consistently linked various CB's all summer, I'm quietly hoping Mourinho wants to get Varane out of a deal sending Cech to Madrid. We look short a man in central defence. Terry has back problems and usually has time out, he's also getting older. Ivanovich is currently covering two positions and Zouma is very much a prospect. Terry also has to hang up his boots eventually.

Marca reported Varane, Di Maria and Benzema missed training yesterday so I have a little suspicion. Hope to f**k he doesn't go to United even though they're in dire need of a CB. We obviously need a backup striker more, but it won't happen until we can get rid of Torres which seems impossible.

Yep, I've been hoping we can somehow get Varane. Apparently he wanted assurances from Carlo over playing time this season before signing a new contract, I think his expires in 2016

Hasn't started today in the Spanish Super Cup, and didn't play at all in the UEFA Super Cup. Ramos & Pepe seem to be Carlo's preferred choice at the back, even though they can both be such liabilities.

Varane would expect an excellent signing especially if we can send Cech in return. It sounds so odd saying to send Cech away but that is a whole other thread. Question I have is would Varane want to come knowing he is in a similar situation as not a first choice. Sure there is Jose to coax him but I cannot see him wanting to come and play second fiddle. He is already that now at Madrid. Still with that said and perhaps Jose's influence maybe he would leave knowing his future at Chelsea is brighter than Madrid.

Varane would expect an excellent signing especially if we can send Cech in return. It sounds so odd saying to send Cech away but that is a whole other thread. Question I have is would Varane want to come knowing he is in a similar situation as not a first choice. Sure there is Jose to coax him but I cannot see him wanting to come and play second fiddle. He is already that now at Madrid. Still with that said and perhaps Jose's influence maybe he would leave knowing his future at Chelsea is brighter than Madrid.

Given the chance, Varane would beat out one of Terry or Cahill for a starting place. He really is that good. He's outrageously good. For some reason Ancelotti favours Pepe and Ramos despite him being better than both, I can only guess that this is because of politics. Mourinho showed faith in him and he was an absolute monster. The problem is Terry and Cahill have both been formidable for us, I don't really want to change it. But Varane as the successor to Terry is the best we could possibly do at the moment.

Given the chance, Varane would beat out one of Terry or Cahill for a starting place. He really is that good. He's outrageously good. For some reason Ancelotti favours Pepe and Ramos despite him being better than both, I can only guess that this is because of politics. Mourinho showed faith in him and he was an absolute monster. The problem is Terry and Cahill have both been formidable for us, I don't really want to change it. But Varane as the successor to Terry is the best we could possibly do at the moment.

Agreed, but do you see him getting the nod over JT? Especially the way he played last year? I get he could be injured but would Varane wait for that to happen if it happened? Cahill, maybe but I think Cahill under Terry's teachings could and has been enormous. Don't get me wrong, love to see Varane in a blue shirt but just can't see it happening. I am hope I am wrong though.

Edited by DoubleHelix