Money

Random Rumours

Nope given we don't have a manager yet, its obvious that we will enter the market a little late. Besides I am yet to see a signing that our competitors have made that would make us feel threatened.

Thats true. But I remember us signing Bosingwa way before Scolari was appointed. Thats the type of quick and early deal that I'd like to see more of.

But now you almost expect the managerial appointment and further transfer dealings to drag on into August.

I wouldn't be too sad if Anelka left. He's been great for us but he is no right winger and not exactly a tip of the diamond-guy either. Kalou is younger and has a very impressive record coming from the bench so from those two Nico is to go.

Malouda or Zhirkov is the other pair. I'd stick with Yuri and sell Flo for good money. Why? Yuri is younger and we really haven't seen the best of him and he has loads of potential whereas Flo is past his best.

Also in the shipping-out list we could see Bossy and Paulo.

All the targets look really interesting; Sanchez, Neymar and Luka. Sanchez could work on the right side. Neymar on the left or with Torres as a pair. Luka would form nice MF with Ramires-Essien-Frank or a 3-man combination from those 4.

However Sanchez is the only man who would clearly fit as he could play on the right side in 4-3-3 formation. Now we have had cameos from Anelka and Kalou there and they are not perfectly suited for the job. We haven't had relentless attacking since Robben-Duff-days as they both could create havoc from both sides as the opposition just had to defend and expect the worst. Now only our left side had been active with Malouda. We need to get both sides in the attack.

Well any improvement they do and we dont, I'd feel threatened given that we weren't really better off than them to start with.

Yes lets bid 25 million each for Henderson and Young to ensure that we don't fall too far behind !!

Yes lets bid 25 million each for Henderson and Young to ensure that we don't fall too far behind !!

Well we could have done with one of them for sure and I didnt really think of Liverpool as rivals when I said that.

The point is about doing our business quickly. And that includes getting a manager in. A long drawn transfer saga can only cause disruption in the preparations for next season.

Edited by rahul

Well any improvement they do and we dont, I'd feel threatened given that we weren't really better off than them to start with.

Phil Jones and De Gea? I'd struggle to call that an improvement - don't expect either of them to be in the first XI...

There's nothing threatening just yet. I'll be disappointed to miss out on Young who is quality, versatile and English which I think is important with our three main Englishmen all on the wrong side of 30. But nothing too much to worry about.

Guus will be appointed in the next week or so barring some calamity and then we will be active big time in the market you feel. Though whether there are any actual improvements to areas that have been weaknesses remains to be seen.

Phil Jones and De Gea? I'd struggle to call that an improvement - don't expect either of them to be in the first XI...

De Gea should be, seeing as VDS's retired. That should be interesting cause I think the he's way too inexperienced right now.

I think they have done well getting possible replacement/backups for VDS, Ferdinand and Giggs. Now they have all summer to go after that midfield playmaker.

I was talking about Young but lets be honest we'd never have been in the market for him anyway. Lets hope our other targets are secured sooner rather than later.

They've got a huge bunch of players retiring or reaching the absolute end of their career. They've spent £50m to stand still, like De Gea for VDS. Whatever we spend will be an improvement.

Is the De Gea deal done? Last I heard he wasn't going to ManU, even if ManU seemed to think the deal was done.

He's off at the Euro U21 championships at the moment, and doesn't seem to want to commit to anything til he gets back.

So far United's summer spending has all been to replace key veterans with youth - De Gea for VDS, Jones for Ferdinand, even Young for Giggs sort of fits this category - rather than to significantly upgrade their starting XI. In particular, their central midfield is still pretty dodgy for a CL hopeful; I'll be more worried once they sign a midfielder who can help them control the midfield away from home, as that was their biggest weakness last year.

Echo your sentiments entirelly because they proved over a season they were much better than us,so hugely strengthening their squad,makes them even stronger at this moment.!!

Edited by Ballack & Blu

He's off at the Euro U21 championships at the moment, and doesn't seem to want to commit to anything til he gets back.

So far United's summer spending has all been to replace key veterans with youth - De Gea for VDS, Jones for Ferdinand, even Young for Giggs sort of fits this category - rather than to significantly upgrade their starting XI. In particular, their central midfield is still pretty dodgy for a CL hopeful; I'll be more worried once they sign a midfielder who can help them control the midfield away from home, as that was their biggest weakness last year.

I agree with this. I don't really see any of the United signings so far to be much to worry about. VDS was a rock, I think De Gea, no matter how good he may turn out to be, is still going to have some young guy mistakes and cause them to drop some points.

The only really worry for me is United getting either Sneijder or Modric. I would prefer that we sign one of them, and the other stay at his current club if everything was ideal.

From what I've been reading, Blackburn want 25m now for Jones. That's Luiz money, wonder if he'll be worth it.

Marca reporting that Barcelona have offered Thiago Alcantara, Bojan and 30m Euros for Fabregas. That Thiago guy looks the real deal, so I'll be surprised if it actually happens.

Marca reporting that Barcelona have offered Thiago Alcantara, Bojan and 30m Euros for Fabregas. That Thiago guy looks the real deal, so I'll be surprised if it actually happens.

I think that'd actually improve them which would be a disappointment.

I think that'd actually improve them which would be a disappointment.

It really does - I just can't understand the logic from Barca's side though...it would mean giving up 2 good, young players and quite a lot of money for someone they don't really need right now.

It really does - I just can't understand the logic from Barca's side though...it would mean giving up 2 good, young players and quite a lot of money for someone they don't really need right now.

Xavi isn't going to retire yet. If I were Barca I'd wait them out and let Fabregas' contract run out. If he REALLY wants to go home, he wont sign a new contract, a bit like what Nasri is doing. If he resigns its his loss, if he doesn't they get him back for free or force Wenger to fold and sell him at whatever Barca are willing to pay.

do you wanna hear a good new one? Apparently ourselves and Utd are talking to Xabi Alonso, I would love this to happen for 2 reasons. He is completely different from any midfielder we have and would do a good job for us. And it would seriously piss the dippers off :laugh2:

torres and alonso partnership was the nuts aswelll ::clap2::

where u hear it dwk?

Couple of footie forums, nothing of any real substance so I put it in this random rumours thread.

I read a lot many people referring to Ian Mcgarry and his tweets about CFC and stuff . I decided to follow him and he gives interesting bits though may not be authentic. Atleast there is something interesting when nothing happens :)

When someone asked about CFC going after Neymar , He has recently tweeted

"They have focussed attention on another player for that position. Possible shock if that comes off . Sorry , cant say any more now "

Though it may be or may not be true , Atleast I feel interesting to guess the player . Ribery , Nzogbia , Bastos , Bale - anyone ?

I read a lot many people referring to Ian Mcgarry and his tweets about CFC and stuff . I decided to follow him and he gives interesting bits though may not be authentic. Atleast there is something interesting when nothing happens :)

"They have focussed attention on another player for that position. Possible shock if that comes off . Sorry , cant say any more now "

Though it may be or may not be true , Atleast I feel interesting to guess the player . Ribery , Nzogbia , Bastos , Bale - anyone ?

Nani? Park ji Sung? Maxi Rodriguez?

Not David Villa? Not exactly "that position" but this is random rumours after all. There've been a couple of stories going around that Barcelona might want to sell him in order to raise cash for Fabregas, which so the story goes, will put ourselves and Man City on the alert.