Random Rumours

Money

Just seen Di Marzio linking Chelsea to Jonathan Biabiany?!

Don't like that one bit. And besides, I'm sure I read a while back that he has a heart condition? (Could have been someone else, but pretty sure it was him.)

4 hours ago, Zeta said:

Well I iamgine it's because ones a RB and ones a LB, so losing one and signing the other aren't necessarily related.

2 hours ago, RickUK said:

Kinda irrelevant though as one is a RB one is a LB

But we probably wouldn't bother going in for him at all if Ivanovic was sticking around. He may not be taking Ivanovic's position, but he would be taking his spot in the squad.

Someone say the rumours come from some guy at twitter, and there is nothing in reality.

Jonathan Biabiany reject to came to us, the reports say he want china money move.

Schalke also reject our offer, and we probably will miss Dembele too.

11 minutes ago, gazza said:

what a damp squid we sell oscar, mikel, ivan for 70 odd million and spend err 0 on bringing ake and kennedy back

lets hope the squad size doesnt come back to bite us 

The window is still open, so a lot can still happen, but I hope we won't buy just for the sake of it. Size of the squad is 24 players, so we should be fine if we don't get too many key players injured. I'd rather see us splash that "70 odd million" on someone like Griezmann in the summer than on the likes of Dembele right now.

24 minutes ago, gazza said:

what a damp squid we sell oscar, mikel, ivan for 70 odd million and spend err 0 on bringing ake and kennedy back

lets hope the squad size doesnt come back to bite us 

If we don't go on to win anything this season given where we are today I think the board will be in for some serious stick should that happen.

We have money, shifter several big earners and don't look to be improving the squad. It killed us in the Summer before Conte came in... I just hope we don't make the same mistakes again.

1 hour ago, Chelsbear said:

If we don't go on to win anything this season given where we are today I think the board will be in for some serious stick should that happen.

We have money, shifter several big earners and don't look to be improving the squad. It killed us in the Summer before Conte came in... I just hope we don't make the same mistakes again.

I'm with you. Not particularly impressed with our dealings so far. 

And I'm a bit tired of all this nonsense about no value in the market in January. We were quite underwhelming for two summers in a row now, chasing players we couldn't get and ending up with fourth/fifth choices. Conte deserves better.

I`m against some media star players. They are star players, thanks to the media, not of their quality. And i`m against giving 80+ mln. just for 1 player. One knee injury and he is done.

And some players are strong in 1 particularly team and in 1 particularly league.

Better take them earlier, when they are a lot fresher and hunger for winning and not thinking mainly for the money. We should look to buy players, like we did with Mata, Oscar, Hazard, Luiz(the first time), Drogba, Essien, Zuma, Kante, Lampard, Cech, Joe Cole and so on.

Of course you need good scout to take them before anyone else and you have to risk a bit. But there is risk with everyone and you get the young if they failed, you have plenty of time to sell them even on a profit.

Just what happen with Oscar.

And what happen with Torres, we get a Media Star player, who was almost 27 years old, and hes performance speak enough. And we sell it for free. Big lose. Same goes for Andriy Shevchenko .....

Atleast thats my opinion.

Chelsbear i agree with you big time. The board could not bring the players that Conte want, they could not bring his second or even third choice and this is happing for second transfer window now ...

I`m crazy pissed about that. It`s not that i want someone particularly, but for god sake they could not bring the players that our coach want. I`m pretty sure Conte won`t be to happy to.

On 31/01/2017 at 18:06, abramovich said:

I'm with you. Not particularly impressed with our dealings so far. 

And I'm a bit tired of all this nonsense about no value in the market in January. We were quite underwhelming for two summers in a row now, chasing players we couldn't get and ending up with fourth/fifth choices. Conte deserves better.

Well, everyone we signed in summer has become invaluable to us.

Kante, Alonso and Luiz! All are key players, including Moses who's normally out on loan. This team looks so different to last season and Conte probably is happy to wait until summer to improve the team more. I'm slightly disappointed about lack of signings but our squad is good enough to sustain the lead and tbh it would take a catastrophic f**k up to lose the title.

27 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

Kante, Alonso and Luiz! All are key players, including Moses who's normally out on loan. This team looks so different to last season and Conte probably is happy to wait until summer to improve the team more. I'm slightly disappointed about lack of signings but our squad is good enough to sustain the lead and tbh it would take a catastrophic f**k up to lose the title.

We are only 3 results ahead of everyone else, it's not going to take that much for it to swing again tbh.

1 minute ago, Chelsbear said:

We are only 3 results ahead of everyone else, it's not going to take that much for it to swing again tbh.

There's only 15 games left, and I don't think any of the teams are going to go on a 15 game winning streak now. We probably can afford to lose 3 or 4 games and still finish top, even though I can't see us losing that many.

Don't forget Conte knows all about winning titles. He's done it 3 years in row in Italy, he will know how to stop us being complacent.

15 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

There's only 15 games left, and I don't think any of the teams are going to go on a 15 game winning streak now. We probably can afford to lose 3 or 4 games and still finish top, even though I can't see us losing that many.

Don't forget Conte knows all about winning titles. He's done it 3 years in row in Italy, he will know how to stop us being complacent.

I hope so but it's far from over and we still have to play United away, City at home and Arsenal at the weekend. Those are not bankers

We are in a good position but it's certainly not beyond reasonable thinking to suggest it can change with the fixtures stilll to play.

"Chelsea are making plans behind the scenes to ensure there will be no repeat of the implosion that followed their last championship success if Antonio Conte’s team go on to win the Premier League title in his first season in charge.

The biggest difference will revolve around the club’s transfer policy, with Chelsea getting ready for a busy summer. Virgil van Dijk, Alvaro Morata and Moussa Dembele are among their top targets."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/02/01/chelsea-already-planning-summer-spending-spree-avoid-another/ 

2 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

Lol

VS Liverpool
Pass completion 53%
Chances 0
Crosses 0
Tackles 0
Take-ons 0
Interceptions 0

Anyone with a left foot could do a better job.  He's hardly invaluable.