Money

Random Rumours

The loan system is the way it is because we need to make up revenue due to playing in a relatively small stadium. It's been vital to our past and current success.

Tibo bought for peanuts and loaned to Spain to develop and is now out no 1.

Lukaku bought for around 12 mill and sold for double that.

KDB bought for 6 and sold for a near £20 million. 

Those are only a couple of many similar stories with our system, the figures may be lower but the percentage of profit remains and ensures we keep the revenue streams high.

football is a business and we are one of the clubs who is constantly making huge sums from things like this. 

6 hours ago, the special one said:

If those deemed nowhere near good enough help subsidise the cost of incoming transfers this summer (i.e. Musonda as a makeweight for Bakayoko, or Traore for Tolisso) is our loan system still "sh*te" as you say?

There are certainly good parts about it, but its not like its 1 man who is in charge of every loan move/transfer. But whoever's idea it was to just buy random players like Hector and Papy and all these other random loan players need to get fired

Personally, I like our loan system. If a player on loan is THAT good, we recall him. Simple. He's our player after all. If not, we sell for a profit. The way we go about it, it's very smart, bordering on genius, and it's a big reason we are successful. This club is not run by morons after all.

2 hours ago, brakeit said:

Wow our loan system is really good. We often get good money for players, that we buy for 500k, then sold for millions. Christian Atsu for example or Bamford. We also take money for some of the loanes. We loan the player for 1 year, they give us money and pay the player the salary.

It`s a great money policity.

Thats where you are fooled.. Buying a player for 500k and selling them for a few million might seem like good business (which im not saying it isnt) but when you look at the size of our club, a few million is practically nothing. We could easily just have got more 5million for Oscar and straight away we would have made the same money.

Also, in the majority of cases, we are the ones paying the salary of the players while they are on loan, so its just a waste when a lot of them wont even make it

2 hours ago, Chelsbear said:

The loan system is the way it is because we need to make up revenue due to playing in a relatively small stadium. It's been vital to our past and current success.

Tibo bought for peanuts and loaned to Spain to develop and is now out no 1.

Lukaku bought for around 12 mill and sold for double that.

KDB bought for 6 and sold for a near £20 million. 

Those are only a couple of many similar stories with our system, the figures may be lower but the percentage of profit remains and ensures we keep the revenue streams high.

football is a business and we are one of the clubs who is constantly making huge sums from things like this. 

This is the point im making, I'm all for loaning out players of that caliber but the players we buy like Hector, Papy and the ones who get loaned out to terrible leagues and terrible clubs are the ones we should be getting rid of. 

I mean seriously, out of our current crop of 30-40 loanees, I'd say only about 10-15 at the absolute most really stand a chance of being a big star in the future, the rest are championship or below level

Dude we already sold Bamford for 10mln. Atsu for 8mln.

For Traore we want 20mln.

And we are doing this constantly.

And every million is imporant, esp. when you do this with a lot of players.

And how exactly you know that we pay the salaries of our young players? We even get a fee for loan out a players. For guy like Salah we take 5mln for 1 season loan.

12 minutes ago, JJP said:

Thats where you are fooled.. Buying a player for 500k and selling them for a few million might seem like good business (which im not saying it isnt) but when you look at the size of our club, a few million is practically nothing. We could easily just have got more 5million for Oscar and straight away we would have made the same money.

Also, in the majority of cases, we are the ones paying the salary of the players while they are on loan, so its just a waste when a lot of them wont even make it

Fair call. Just doesn't bother me. As you said, the money doesn't mean much, which goes for wages too. I do think our current system keeps our options open over which players could make it here. Trouble is, there sometimes may be a wee too many options, i.e. 50-odd players on loan at a time.

Edited by BellettiBullet

Just now, BellettiBullet said:

Fair call. Just doesn't bother me. As you said, the money doesn't mean much, which goes for wages too. I do think it keeps our options open over which players could make it here. Trouble is, there sometimes may be a wee too many options (maybe :biggrin:)

yeah of course, im not saying it doesnt keep our options open, for example look at Christensen, Abraham and even Ake this season.. They were all huge successes and always said to have massive potential.. But for every player we have of that level with massive potential we have players like Delac, Cuevas, Omeruo and Piazon who have only ever shown flashes of being great, but the vast majority of the time have been well below par, yet season after season we keep loaning them out to various different clubs. Thats where I have the issue with our loan system

Papy was with us for six montgs, then after a loan to Germany we made a 5 million profit. Bloody great business if you ask me. Piazon was touted as the next Kaká. Its easy to point out someone not beibg good enough in hindsight

Edited by Xfaxtor

Got a feeling that next season we'll see a number of our loanees return to our first team squad...Conte will get some big signings I'm sure but equally he'll be told to integrate our serial trophy winning youths players into the first team squad too...and about time too...

Edited by doctorblue

Men I'm getting annoyed as we are sitting in our hands as usual. 

Just like last summer low balling everything and end up panicking buy in the end. 

This is not looking good to me. 

Transfer should have been already been identified long ago and worked on. 

Is Bale worth a shout? Hazard and Bale could be amazing up top.

I know he's got a bad injury record, but our medical team seems to be really good. Costa had ongoing hamstring issues when he joined and he's barely been injured in the last year or 2, in fact we hardly ever get any injuries that aren't freak occurances, like Zouma's. 

4 hours ago, Bulshizza said:

Just like last summer low balling everything and end up panicking buy in the end. 

You know for sure that has not been done?

If you can could arrange an interview with Roman for me, I would be much obliged.

Just now, Bulshizza said:

Shut up.

1 hour ago, Sindre said:

Getting linked too Dani Alves by some decent sources now. Apparantly we have been offered him by Juventus.

For me its a no even if he was good for Juve this season.

Don't agree As you say had a good season, thought he played well yesterday, and if Moses is Conte's main man next season then makes perfect sense....

Just now, Tambling Dice said:

Don't agree As you say had a good season, thought he played well yesterday, and if Moses is Conte's main man next season then makes perfect sense....

I thought he was poor defensively, left loads of space in behind that Madrid exploited.

On 03/06/2017 at 18:14, JJP said:

Rarely do we get to know the breakdown of the financial terms of the loan deals but to suggest that the policy is just about getting a fee down the line is far from the whole story quite often on top of either their full wage or part off there is also a fee which in the case of many players is their amortised value.All monies received in this respect appear in the player trading account. In other words transfer fees received.

I am not quite sure those running the club would quite as easily dismiss the odd million or two coming into the coffers & I suspect they would argue that in relation to the Oscar transfer they did indeed squeeze that extra £5 million out of the buying club . I suspect also they feel that the whole loan player project  enables the club to test players in a competitive environment and yes many won't make the grade but some will . How else can they be tested in truly competitive matches?

The  project is not just self financing it also forms an important and welcomed additional income stream 

Its important to remember that players contracted to Chelsea are paid, in accordance with FA rules though Chelseas payroll. That means even though say Tammy was on loan at Bristol City all of his wages are paid by Chelsea. One of the benefits with that is with little impact you can sell a player or two on from the loan army releasing their wages and should there ever be any FFP issues in terms of the overall wage growth which is limited to £7 million per annum the club have room to manoeuvre should the need arise.

Another important consideration is that all the costs of the academy are discounted for FFP purposes. 

In accounting terms for say Atsu we paid £3.5  million for him in 2013 on a 5 year contract. In 2017 his amortised value ( a players value decreases over the period of his contract) would be £700k so selling him for £6.5 million is actually a profit of £5.8 million. 

We have some very clever cookies  working at Chelsea. When everyone was suggesting we would fail FFP we didn't that wasn't luck it was because they know the numbers, know how to work their way around rules and regulations and as that famous advert says " every little helps"

Edited by terraloon

with the amount revenue has increased due to tv deals and sponsorships, I can see the argument for reducing the loan numbers. Especially with ffp more relaxed than when it was introduced. 

I also think this is something the club is in the process of doing, we haven't brought in as many youth team or academy players from abroad as we were doing a few years back. 

There's still a bunch of players from that time like piazon, kalas, omerue etc, that I'm sure the club will move on, and what we are then left with, are academy prospects going out on loan to gain experience to help them make a career in football, either at chelsea or elsewhere. 

19 hours ago, CarefreeSimmo_ said:

The Missus' dad is a Wolves fan and he's under the impression us and the Scousers are battling it out for Helder Costa. Figure of around 20M floating about.

20M for a Championship player? Behave. He ain't better than Moses and we paid less than half that for him.

Courtois

Christensen Luiz Van Dijk

Semedo Kante Tolliso Sandro

Sanchez Costa Hazard 

With Morata bought too... 

There's £200m spent already...if Van Dijk doesn't come then I'd consider getting Laporte or promoting Ake or moving Dave to the left 

Edited by doctorblue

This might come across wrong and I certainly don't wish such things even onnbitter rivals but haz being out may help our incoming, no way will conte risk not having a top backup in case of complications healing