Jump to content

Random Rumours


Recommended Posts



1 hour ago, DidierDrogbalala said:

 Lukaku + bakayoko + Sandro + van djik and you guys are not excited ?!?!

Lukaku and Bakayoko are not the level required, Sandro will be great, and the jury is still out for van Dijk. No, I'm not that excited. For the similar amount of money we could have got Morata and Tolisso instead of Lukaku and Bakayoko.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tarantino said:

Lukaku and Bakayoko are not the level required, Sandro will be great, and the jury is still out for van Dijk. No, I'm not that excited. For the similar amount of money we could have got Morata and Tolisso instead of Lukaku and Bakayoko.

Bakayoko isn't going to play the same role that Tolisso would have played, they are very different types of players. This stuff about Lukaku not being good enough and then people saying Morata IS good enough makes me laugh. They are both risks but at least Lukaku is Premier League proven, been a regular starter for his clubs and a regular goalscorer in pretty much every season he has played in. Morata has failed to breakthrough into the first 11 of two of the biggest teams in club football. People moan about Lukaku not doing it against the big teams, but don't seem to have noticed that Morata has scored nearly all of his goals against bottom of the table teams in La Liga. If Morata isn't good enough to displace Mandzukic at Juventus and an out of form Benzema at Real Madrid, why should we think he is good enough to be a regular starter for us ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Bakayoko isn't going to play the same role that Tolisso would have played, they are very different types of players. This stuff about Lukaku not being good enough and then people saying Morata IS good enough makes me laugh. They are both risks but at least Lukaku is Premier League proven, been a regular starter for his clubs and a regular goalscorer in pretty much every season he has played in. Morata has failed to breakthrough into the first 11 of two of the biggest teams in club football. People moan about Lukaku not doing it against the big teams, but don't seem to have noticed that Morata has scored nearly all of his goals against bottom of the table teams in La Liga. If Morata isn't good enough to displace Mandzukic at Juventus and an out of form Benzema at Real Madrid, why should we think he is good enough to be a regular starter for us ?

Ppl blame lukaku to much for not playing as Well against the big teams, ppl do u forget it's 11vs11 if the whole Everton team struggles lukaku struggles your only as good as your team CR7 would struggle in a valencia team against barca or RM because the quality around him just isn't there. Your welcome to disagree this is only my opinion 

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Bakayoko isn't going to play the same role that Tolisso would have played, they are very different types of players. This stuff about Lukaku not being good enough and then people saying Morata IS good enough makes me laugh. They are both risks but at least Lukaku is Premier League proven, been a regular starter for his clubs and a regular goalscorer in pretty much every season he has played in. Morata has failed to breakthrough into the first 11 of two of the biggest teams in club football. People moan about Lukaku not doing it against the big teams, but don't seem to have noticed that Morata has scored nearly all of his goals against bottom of the table teams in La Liga. If Morata isn't good enough to displace Mandzukic at Juventus and an out of form Benzema at Real Madrid, why should we think he is good enough to be a regular starter for us ?

 

37 minutes ago, CrowBag said:

Ppl blame lukaku to much for not playing as Well against the big teams, ppl do u forget it's 11vs11 if the whole Everton team struggles lukaku struggles your only as good as your team CR7 would struggle in a valencia team against barca or RM because the quality around him just isn't there. Your welcome to disagree this is only my opinion 

Morata is 21-22 at Juve and 22-23 at Madrid, if a player aged at 21-23 can displace any of the top strikers in world football then we wouldn't have a chance in buying him. At RM, it's all political and Benzema links better with Ronaldo, hence why Benzema is still the starter, the fact that Zidane isn't pushing Morata out the door when Benzema isn't performing should be telling enough, if anything it'd be the best scenario for RM to wait for Morata to step up next season. At the very least Morata doesn't kick up a fuss about not being a starter and at the very least fought for being a starter for teams  that are expected to win the Champions League. Would any of you start Morata at the start of the season ahead of Treblewinners? For me, the problem with Lukaku was that he didn't even want to compete with Torres and Ba alongside his other limitations.

Morata, in Juve ofc, has scored against the big teams and at one point tore Munich apart in their run up to the CL Final a few years ago while Lukaku against Munich in the Supercup arguably a glorified friendly couldn't score a penalty against them, that shows to me that he's a choker in crunch time. Plus, RM exercised their buyback clause for him last season. When has RM ever exercised a buyback clause when they can spend 100m on anyone? If Lukaku is better than Morata wouldn't you think RM would have bought him?

All that being said, if Lukaku is in Chelsea colours next season, then I hope he becomes a great striker for us.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-6-22 at 20:48, zolawannabe25 said:

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/stoke-city-transfer-gossip-club-table-12m-bid-for-middlesbrough-defender/story-30404361-detail/story.html

I know Chelsea aren't linked but a young English CB with, in my opinion, huge potential, captain of his club and left footed. I think we'd be mad to not challenge for his signature.

 

If he joined I'd say Zouma to leave but that would be a back 3 contingent of: Azpi/Christensen/Luiz - Luiz/Ake/Christensen - Cahill/Gibson/Ake, I think with those options everyone would get game time and we would have a solid defense. I also think that when Cahill starts to decline Gibson can be the English leader in the back line. All relative though.

Left footed and English are two key attributes we are looking for in the squad right now. I have read that we have been watching him quite a bit this year as well. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Ballack & Blu said:

lukaku has been excellent for Everton, with average players, common sense should say that with our class and service he might just excel, at this scoring lark.......

Unfortunately not always true, as proven by many strikers such as Sutton, kezman...

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Ballack & Blu said:

lukaku has been excellent for Everton, with average players, common sense should say that with our class and service he might just excel, at this scoring lark.......

Or he could just f**k up every break with his elephant touch, some strikers excel being the only outlet, when a team faces opponents that will put 10 men in the box or play openly with big teams it takes intricate play to break down opposition if a player can't get involved in that and wants to just sit up top waiting for service he may well find that service not coming as much as with a team who lumps it to him every time they pass half way 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Ballack & Blu said:

lukaku has been excellent for Everton, with average players, common sense should say that with our class and service he might just excel, at this scoring lark.......

Robbie Keane, Carroll, Benteke among other strikers that disprove this. If we're going with footballers then Scott Parker, Zaha, Salah heck you could even argue that about KdB who performed better for Bremen than us. Point is football is more than just take Player X and put him in Team Y = Success. If that were true then Pep would have made Lewandowski a starter from day 1. Drogba took a few years before blossoming into the striker that he was known for.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Deino said:

Robbie Keane, Carroll, Benteke among other strikers that disprove this. If we're going with footballers then Scott Parker, Zaha, Salah heck you could even argue that about KdB who performed better for Bremen than us. Point is football is more than just take Player X and put him in Team Y = Success. If that were true then Pep would have made Lewandowski a starter from day 1. Drogba took a few years before blossoming into the striker that he was known for.

Absolutely spot on, but if we are going to lump a sh*t load of money on someone they think is gold, they are praying he can replicate his Everton form and plus some..

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RickUK said:

Going to be a lot of disappointed fans come July 1.  The stuff about unveiling players on same day in some fancy way, is nuts IMO.  The Nike deal will be announced, and that'll be it.  Caballero too

I can imagine the meltdown when only Caballero is announced as a club signing or maybe not even that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Well, this is awkward!

awkward the office GIF

The Shed End Forum relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible without pop ups or video adverts, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online and continue to keep the forum up, as over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this domain by switching it off. Some of the advert banners can actually be closed to avoid interferance of your experience on The Shed End.

Cheers now!

emma watson yes GIF

Alright already, It's off!