Money

Random Rumours

Wonder if United went back in for Lukaku after Real had this rumoured meeting about Morata? Could be Zidanes wish for him to stay has been granted so United turned to their second option?

20 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Wonder if United went back in for Lukaku after Real had this rumoured meeting about Morata? Could be Zidanes wish for him to stay has been granted so United turned to their second option?

If so how did they get him so quick after deciding that and we couldn't get it done 

2 hours ago, doctorblue said:

Stuck record I know, but who says that we wanted it done in the first place? 

Everyone who is supposed to know what they are talking about but I guess most of them are just guessing 

The general consensus from around the net is that Morata is 'upset' about the Lukaku offer from United...he was fully expecting to be travelling with their squad to US next week...apparently Madrid and United were only 5m euros apart from an agreed price...United offered 75m euros and Madrid wanted 80m euros...United set a deadline of Thursday morning and when Madrid didn't play ball they move onto Lukaku...well their loss is our gain...reckon we can get this deal with Madrid over the line for around £70m...and done in days...

Edited by doctorblue

1 hour ago, Spiller86 said:

Indeed. Can't help but feel that text has made things challenging for us. 

Allows us to milk 30-40m more for sure

2 hours ago, doctorblue said:

The general consensus from around the net is that Morata is 'upset' about the Lukaku offer from United...he was fully expecting to be travelling with their squad to US next week...apparently Madrid and United were only 5m euros apart from an agreed price...United offered 75m euros and Madrid wanted 80m euros...United set a deadline of Thursday morning and when Madrid didn't play ball they move onto Lukaku...well their loss is our gain...reckon we can get this deal with Madrid over the line for around £70m...and done in days...

Hopefully this is true. At least we get one of the two this way rather than Morata staying and United out spending us on Lukaku. For that price though I think I'd be more comfortable with the guy we know can score 20 a season here. 

1 hour ago, BellettiBullet said:

Metro reporting we could be in for Benteke, with Llorente another option. If we get both of those two, that is some serious Moneyballing there.

Would be good options considering how the board has dropped the ball with Lukaku.

6 hours ago, BellettiBullet said:

Metro reporting we could be in for Benteke, with Llorente another option. If we get both of those two, that is some serious Moneyballing there.

As EPL champions is this the best we can do....WTF :face_palm: .....transfer strategy in tatters and 'this' is plan 'B'.....FFS

6 hours ago, BellettiBullet said:

Well, i really do hope this is more media bullsh*t because this is just one big joke if true. Llorente ? Benteke ? These are not players a team like us should be chasing. We are looking to win titles, not battle it out for a top 10 finish.

17 minutes ago, CFCCAN said:

As EPL champions is this the best we can do....WTF :face_palm: .....transfer strategy in tatters and 'this' is plan 'B'.....FFS

When I say marina is not doing well for herself since she took over some people object...she clearly isn't as good as some of her counterparts we mayaswell see if eto is still up for a bit of a kick about 

We may be going down the Arsenal route, of funding a stadium project and so the board don't want to spend much money, and with the insane prices on everyone's head these days, it could be s truggle to get anyone of any quality.

Well, i really do hope this is more media bullsh*t because this is just one big joke if true. Llorente ? Benteke ? These are not players a team like us should be chasing. We are looking to win titles, not battle it out for a top 10 finish.

Think you might try for Cavani