Money

Random Rumours

Looking at the transfer window so far and us not even having a full first team for the PL atm, who do u believe we will sign not dream signings but realistic signings?

The thing that's stands out to me with the whole Costa scenario is that he's a world class star who is available, literally to anyone for six months as long as you pay his wages. After that he's off to Athletico. Those 6 months he's going to be playing in what will be a World Cup year. So it's really in his interests to be at top form. And despite all of this, no f***er wants him.

7 hours ago, ManXunited said:

Hearing rumours from a trusted source that Chelsea could be in for Aguero.

Very very big move if true and could also mean Sanchez to City is nailed on.

If my trusted sources you mean the daily star then we sure are, they are picking up on a story from this notorious sh*t spouter 

Screen Shot 2017-07-16 at 23.56.55.png

Edited by DonAntonio

5 minutes ago, CarefreeSimmo_ said:

Heavily linked to Carrasco of Atletico fame in this morning rags... decent enough.

Fits the 'type' of player I'd like here.

Cant possibly see this happening.

A. ATM cant buy a replacement for one of their first 11 player.

B. We dont have spots for non HG players : tibo, willy, eduardo, azpi, rudi, luiz, alonso, baka, kante, hazard, pedro, willian, michy. This is already 13 with us still having to put in players for RWB (danilo), LWB (sandro/baba), CM (matic replacement), ST (belotti/chicha/benteke/morata/PEA), 2nd ST(Llorente?). These 5 positions still need to be filled in and I dont think we are being linked to a single HG player. Simply cant afford to buy Carrasco.

11 minutes ago, didierforever said:

Cant possibly see this happening.

A. ATM cant buy a replacement for one of their first 11 player.

B. We dont have spots for non HG players : tibo, willy, eduardo, azpi, rudi, luiz, alonso, baka, kante, hazard, pedro, willian, michy. This is already 13 with us still having to put in players for RWB (danilo), LWB (sandro/baba), CM (matic replacement), ST (belotti/chicha/benteke/morata/PEA), 2nd ST(Llorente?). These 5 positions still need to be filled in and I dont think we are being linked to a single HG player. Simply cant afford to buy Carrasco.

It'd be a deal in principle for January IMHO, Easily worked into the Costa deal. They value him at 45M so I don't see why Costa + 15M wouldn't seal it.

ATM have already signed his replacement in Vitolo, who again won't sign until January.

Easy enough to make space for a player of that talent in this squad... 

Just now, CarefreeSimmo_ said:

It'd be a deal in principle for January IMHO, Easily worked into the Costa deal. They value him at 45M so I don't see why Costa + 15M wouldn't seal it.

ATM have already signed his replacement in Vitolo, who again won't sign until January.

Easy enough to make space for a player of that talent in this squad... 

I only disagree with the bolded part.

We are filled to the brim with our quota of non-HG players. Here is where players like Chalobah, AKe would have been so useful.

If we are selling matic I dont think we can go into the season with just Cesc, Kante and Bakayoko as the CM options. NAT would have been a great option.

I think Ake could have done as good a job for the 4th/5th CB, LWB back up and/or DM back up. Would have been a great squad player all around.

Right now, i just dont see it being "easy" to make space. Infact I am hoping Musonda gets a chance to prove himself and we dont have to buy carrasco.

I rate Carrasco but as stated above, we have 13 non-HG already. Unless Conte wants to bring only 2 strikers for CL and we'll probably give up on Sandro for now

52 minutes ago, Brutos said:

Kun will never happen City will not let him go to a rival, why not get Sanchez instead.

Getting Aguero from City is impossible, but getting Sanchez from Arsenal is possible?

City wouldn't dare sell players to United but apart from that I don't think they mind too much. 

4 hours ago, didierforever said:

I only disagree with the bolded part.

We are filled to the brim with our quota of non-HG players. Here is where players like Chalobah, AKe would have been so useful.

If we are selling matic I dont think we can go into the season with just Cesc, Kante and Bakayoko as the CM options. NAT would have been a great option.

I think Ake could have done as good a job for the 4th/5th CB, LWB back up and/or DM back up. Would have been a great squad player all around.

Right now, i just dont see it being "easy" to make space. Infact I am hoping Musonda gets a chance to prove himself and we dont have to buy carrasco.

Thats the thing though, Nat didnt want to be a squad player or the 4th/5th CB. He wanted ro start. Thats not somethibg we could give him

Not sure what we were thinking selling Ake and Chalobah who were good HG players to have in the squad. Now its gonna be made more difficult to fill the quota. 

They did want to start more games I suppose but that was simply not possible at the time, but I would have still much rather got rid of more fringe players that were out on loan that aren't HG instead of these 2. 

12 hours ago, Frawdulant said:

The thing that's stands out to me with the whole Costa scenario is that he's a world class star who is available, literally to anyone for six months as long as you pay his wages. After that he's off to Athletico. Those 6 months he's going to be playing in what will be a World Cup year. So it's really in his interests to be at top form. And despite all of this, no f***er wants him.

That may be or perhaps someone wants him but is prepared to take the risk of missing out on Diego in exchange for the hope of getting him for no more than a share of his wages when Chelsea get desperate to off load him.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

13 hours ago, Frawdulant said:

It's not a bad deal if it's a midtable club with a set style of play suited to Costa but it's difficult to start half a season with a new striker and then just when the team has sync with the new striker, the striker goes away to Atleti. Only a desperate club would want him and sadly we're the only one desperate for a new striker

12 minutes ago, Geert The Flyer said:

Doesn't Carrasco have a buy out clause around 100mil ? He can play the Alonso role, but his games with Belgium show his lack of defensive skills.

He's a winger-inside forward type of player. Wasted as a wingback

2 hours ago, the special one said:

Carrasco > Chelsea?
Diego > Atletico?
Hazard > Real Madrid?
Morata > Chelsea?

:blush2:

Carrasco can replace Pedro tho. He plays almost the same as Pedro and can interchange with Hazard on any wing. Had we need just 1 signing this season and a RF at that, I'd hope the club go hard at him but we just have too many holes to plug and time is running out

25 minutes ago, Deino said:

Carrasco can replace Pedro tho. He plays almost the same as Pedro and can interchange with Hazard on any wing. Had we need just 1 signing this season and a RF at that, I'd hope the club go hard at him but we just have too many holes to plug and time is running out

I see Carrasco more as a replacement for Hazard if i'm honest - I do agree Carrasco can interchange on the wing, but we already have Willian (who I rate higher than some on here) and Pedro (who is criminally underrated if last season's Opta stats are anything to go by) for right wing/inside forward. For me if Hazard is going to leave eventually anyway I'd prefer if we get Carrasco/Morata in return.

Edited by the special one

34 minutes ago, the special one said:

I see Carrasco more as a replacement for Hazard if i'm honest - I do agree Carrasco can interchange on the wing, but we already have Willian (who I rate higher than some on here) and Pedro (who is criminally underrated if last season's Opta stats are anything to go by) for right wing/inside forward. For me if Hazard is going to leave eventually anyway I'd prefer if we get Carrasco/Morata in return.

I have no doubt that Carrasco is the successor/substitue of/for Hazard in the national team. But it would be wrong to relegate someone like Carrasco to the bench. He needs playing time.

Everything else I agree with