Random Rumours

12 hours ago, didierforever said:

180mil-ish.

Barkley (40mil), Ox (40mil), Llorente (30mil) and Sandro (70mil).

Crazy insane rates.

Barkley is on last year of his contract and he wants out, so I'd say we can get him for cheap. £20-25m, as soon as he hears the champions are in for him he'll force a move.

No way is Chamberlain going for 40m. 30m tops imo and we never will pay any more than that for a squad player.

Llorente isn't going for 30m whatever Swansea says, he's not far from retiring and we know better than splashing that much on him. If we are going to get him then it'll be some astute business on our part, 15m.

Sandro, probably will be 70m.

Barkley is being severely underrated on here. You can't always only go on what you have seen him produce. Sometimes you can clearly see there is more in a player waiting to be brought out.

I think he has all the attributes to develop into a Dembele type player (Spurs Dembele). In fact I wouldn't be surprised if that's why Pochettino wants him.

With the right coach he is a potential star, and today £30m for that isn't a lot, especially given he's English.

If the persistent links are genuine, then his doubters have to ask themselves why do two of the best coaches in the country want him.

3 hours ago, startedwithglenn said:

If the persistent links are genuine, then his doubters have to ask themselves why do two of the best coaches in the country want him.

I thought that was because Conte and Poch value players that can work hard and sacrifice for the team? 

Barkley seems to fit that sort of profile

2 hours ago, Barry Bridges said:

With an academy like CFC has, the people coming in purely to add to depth should be CFC youth.  The transfer market should be for when we need a key role filled that the academy can't deliver.  Isn't that how Barca/Real/Bayern etal operate?

In this regard i think we are a victim both of the time and of our own success.

It has become fashionable, and I can't say I disagree with the fashion, to believe that player development is best served by playing on loan rather than filling out a club squad.

The success of our academy teams means that our youngsters have a high profile. They get talked about, by name, in all forms of the media, including the social variety of course. As soon as they hit eighteen they find themselves swamped by stories of how Chelsea is them back. They get itchy. If they don't get a loan, they think they are being left behind. The only players who will accept squad roles are those who don't believe they are good enough to play anywhere else and that won't work for Chelsea of course.

2 hours ago, Zeta said:

When was the last time we had a scouser play for us?

Gerrard played twice for us. His chelsea career began at Wembley in 2005 when he grabbed his 1st goal for us, then the highlight came in 2014 when he pulled off an audacious dummy to put demba ba through on goal for an assist at anfield. 

12 hours ago, Barry Bridges said:

With an academy like CFC has, the people coming in purely to add to depth should be CFC youth.  The transfer market should be for when we need a key role filled that the academy can't deliver.  Isn't that how Barca/Real/Bayern etal operate?

Exactly Barry. 'Zidanes y Pavons' was Perez's motto at Madrid ie Superstars or Academy.

Reading Conte's comments a couple of days back I think he is unhappy with our base lineup more than our depth. Beyond Hazard we don't really have a lot of game breakers. We have a solid defence but not much more. 

23 hours ago, startedwithglenn said:

Barkley is being severely underrated on here. You can't always only go on what you have seen him produce. Sometimes you can clearly see there is more in a player waiting to be brought out.

I think he has all the attributes to develop into a Dembele type player (Spurs Dembele). In fact I wouldn't be surprised if that's why Pochettino wants him.

With the right coach he is a potential star, and today £30m for that isn't a lot, especially given he's English.

At least you're helping to balance things out by seriously over-rating him!

8 minutes ago, wallosh said:

Anybody else fancies Barcelona's Rafinha? Got great energy, can attack and defend. I think he will be good option for our midfield.

I think he's being used as a bargaining chip to get Coutinho from liverpool.

BLUES KEEN ON WONDERKID

Chelsea are keen on Celtic starlet Karamoko Dembele and have already put wheels in motion to sign the winger, according to The Sun. 

The 14-year-old is considered one of the brightest talents of the future, and was already appearing for Celtic's U20 side when he was 13.

Guess your surname just needs to be Dembele now adays and your are guaranteed to be good.

7 hours ago, BordeauxBlue said:

Don't rate Rafinha. 

Also have spent the last year saying Andre Gomes is a donkey - anyone watch him before his move to Barca?

He could be available and we need another quality midfielder...

I always thought gomes had something about him tall and fairly strong with decent technique. I thought it was strange Barcelona went for him as he doesn't seem to fit their midfield mold. 

29 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Not sure why we haven't gone in for Aurier now he's off to Utd. Unreal player for that right hand side. 

Think his appeal is coming up shortly...punching a policemen in the face...should have got a medal for landing one on the filth...only kidding...or am I?? 

Edited by doctorblue