Random Rumours

Money

4 minutes ago, Adam said:

Think I'd rather we had gone for that guy Watford have bought. Chalobah is it?

chalobah didn't want to sit on the bench. you can't blame him for wanting mins, he's capable of being a starter for a low level prem side. 

Thought with conte winning the league, we were gona push hard to be a major force, but we still seem to me penny pinching, oh how i would love the board from psg/city, drinkwater, barkley, Oxlaide chamberlain, none of them near as good as matic, rudiger, not better than what we have, bakayoko potentially great signing but no guarantees,same with morata

I'm not sure what to make about drinkwater. Its so uninspiring. We will probably have to pay £35m for him aswell. 

Not a bad squad player. I really can't see us having a good season though, We no longer seem to be able to compete with our rivals in the transfer market. Its a strange feeling, after us throwing our weight around for a decade.

If we aren't going to buy top players, we need to be smarter with developing our own players, and picking up smart signings. Drinkwater isn't really a smart signing for me. 

19 minutes ago, PedroMendez said:

Sigurdsson covers more ground than the majority of the premier can't tackle for sh!t but he doesn't lack energy

I've never rated him. Take away dead balls and you're not left with a lot imo.

16 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

Sigurdsson would cost from 30m upwards, is that really wise for a 4th choice midfielder? 

He's not even a midfielder.

I can't believe we're looking at a compilation of Danny f*cking Drinkwater... But here it is

You can see he's a handy midfielder to have when playing counter attacking football, he's quick to spray the balls forward.  His support to Vardy was so good, I imagine he can give Morata or Bats similar kind of support whenever he is needed.

Can't help but feel that people are laughing at the rumour because he's English and from Leicester. If he was the exact same player with a foreign name and playing for Sevilla everybody would be chuffed with having him as an option. Works hard, very good passer and has a cracking shot, we could do a lot worse IMO.

Hehehe... Looking forward to next signing: Ernie Eatfood.

Ake, Chalobah, RLC all could have saved the club 30m if Drinkwater really is a target. 

Just seen Mahrez having medical. 31m. (?) a bargain in the current market. Shocking. 

Edited by Jus4abit

8 minutes ago, timetowaste said:

Can't help but feel that people are laughing at the rumour because he's English and from Leicester. If he was the exact same player with a foreign name and playing for Sevilla everybody would be chuffed with having him as an option. Works hard, very good passer and has a cracking shot, we could do a lot worse IMO.

Why would folk laugh because he's English? That's ridiculous. He had a great season when Leicster won the title but that's been about it. He's certainly not at Matics level who we just got rid of and we required an upgrade on that. We currently have 2 fit central midfielders with our new signing missing a full pre season. We require a better standard of player than Drinkwater IMO. We are trying to build on last season and compete in the CL, players like Drinkwater are not the direction I want us going in. Nothing to do with him being English and playing for Leicester