Random Rumours

So the latest rumours have us loaning Kakuta to Lille so we can sign Hazard, in talks with Mata`s representatives (and his dad too, which is odd) and signing Moutinho after Porto signed his replacement. These next few weeks are gonna be full of all sorts of daftness.

Today's rumor is they are close to signing Stoch. (Remember him?) Means something's definitely cooking Hazardously!

Great? Why? His biggest find to date is Colman for everton! Big whoop! We need to be getting some of the Barca scouts in!

Why is everything about Barcelona? We bring in a new scout and immediately someone says who is he, we should be getting someone from Barcelona. Maybe we should get rid of Doris who makes the tea and get Senorita Dorisa to come in from Barcelona to make sangria for the team....

Why is everything about Barcelona? We bring in a new scout and immediately someone says who is he, we should be getting someone from Barcelona. Maybe we should get rid of Doris who makes the tea and get Senorita Dorisa to come in from Barcelona to make sangria for the team....

As I was saying yesteday, it's like a f**king virus.

Sadly, they really are the gold standard. But I dont think its so much about their scouting as it is their academy and they way things are set up (vertical integration and all that). But yes, the need to emulate them gets tiresome. I really hope Madrid can knock them off that perch this year, and we can stop hearing about the flawless Barca.

Because look a the barca team, they have a great scouting system.

Sadly, they really are the gold standard. But I dont think its so much about their scouting as it is their academy and they way things are set up (vertical integration and all that). But yes, the need to emulate them gets tiresome. I really hope Madrid can knock them off that perch this year, and we can stop hearing about the flawless Barca.

I'm not convinced they'd cope nearly so well with the level of competition in the Premier League. In La Liga, you've got Barcelona, Real Madrid and not a lot else.

It could easily be argued that this lack of serious domestic competition makes it easier for them in the Champions League. How so? Look at Liverpool under Benitez. He pretty much gave up on the Premiership, concentrating all his efforts on the Champions League. Barcelona, lacking the same level of competition, don't have to go all out to win La Liga.

The Premiership, on the other hand, is a long hard slog. Would Barcelona's current brand of football last the pace? I seriously have my doubts. The closest English equivalent are Arsenal. And how far has their footballing philosophy got them over the last few years?

I'm not convinced they'd cope nearly so well with the level of competition in the Premier League. In La Liga, you've got Barcelona, Real Madrid and not a lot else.

It could easily be argued that this lack of serious domestic competition makes it easier for them in the Champions League. How so? Look at Liverpool under Benitez. He pretty much gave up on the Premiership, concentrating all his efforts on the Champions League. Barcelona, lacking the same level of competition, don't have to go all out to win La Liga.

The Premiership, on the other hand, is a long hard slog. Would Barcelona's current brand of football last the pace? I seriously have my doubts. The closest English equivalent are Arsenal. And how far has their footballing philosophy got them over the last few years?

I do not disagree with you at all. I think the "How would they get on in a rainy night at stoke" line gets a bit old. But La Liga and the Prem compared are like night and day as far as competitiveness. On any given day in England, the league leader can be held or beaten by a relegation cadidate. The only time that happened last year in Spain was with Hercules getting one over on Barca.

Alot of it, of course, has to do with this:

# Click on image to view full #

A system that Madrid, and the people's club and vanguard of all that is good and fair in the world, Barcelona, have dug in their heels to keep. Its shocking that the team finishing dead last in the Prem gets more money than the third placed finisher in Spain. Nowhere else in the top European leagues is the imbalance anywhere near that.

On Arsenal vs. Barca, I will say that Barca are clearly made of sterner stuff than the Gooners. When they need a little steel and sandpaper they go out and buy it. Mascherano, for me, is one of the worst buys they have made recently but that is the kind of signing Wenger would never sanction. And yesterday, he showed his value by getting stuck in and throwing himself around when Barca were being swallowed up by Madrid. If Madrid's finishing had been better in the first 20 minutes they wouldve been 4-0 up before Barca got a shot.

Anelka wants out according to mirror!

http://www.mirrorfoo...icle785971.html

Laughable.

An article about a player leaving with quotes that only states the contrary.

Maybe I should become a journalist. All I have to do is pick up a quote from Messi where he says "I love Barcelona and never want to leave" and then add a few lines myself saying that he might leave anyway.

http://www.hln.be/hln/nl/1285/Jupiler-Pro-League/article/detail/1305062/2011/08/16/De-Bruyne-Misschien-voor-einde-van-de-maand-akkoord-met-Chelsea.dhtml

De Bruyne claims to be in talks with us, loaned back to Genk for a year then joining us... De Bruyne, Lukaku, Courtois and hopefully Hazard...

With AVB as manager I was hoping for Brazilian signings not so much Belgians, here's hoping they do well tho

Figured since I saw this on some random chat board I'd post this here.

This month is Ramadan, and Kalou and Anelka are Muslim. They are apparently both devout enough that they are fasting, including on gamedays. Just found that interesting, I wonder if having to alter their eating times for the month affects their energy levels at all.

Dzeko and Nasri are also Muslim and presumably doing the same thing.

This month is Ramadan, and Kalou and Anelka are Muslim. They are apparently both devout enough that they are fasting, including on gamedays. Just found that interesting, I wonder if having to alter their eating times for the month affects their energy levels at all.

ramadan and professional sports dont go well together, since youre not supposed to eat and drink anything (including water) until the sun is up. it will probably considerably affect their performances

Actually there is a considerable amount of evidence to say that players improve performance and fitness during Ramadan including increased energy and concentration and reduced mental fatigue. The moderating factor of course is the water intake but I believe there are exceptions to the rule.

The problems occur as the body adapts to Ramadan and again to the "normal" eating cycle.