Random Rumours

13 hours ago, doctorblue said:

Reports that Barcelona have turned their attention from Coutinho to Willian...

Wouldn't blame him for wanting to go. If the offer came in for £75mil or higher we'd need to look at it.

Couldn't think of an ideal candidate to replace him that isn't Sanchez, so we'd probably end up with Candreva. 

Probably just bs though

If we get that sort of money I'd go straight to Arsenal with a £90-100m offer for Sanchez and Oxlaide Chamberlain...but I wouldn't let him go before we have his replacements on board...keeps the price down and guarantees we aren't left with our pants round our ankles...

Edited by doctorblue

On 8/23/2017 at 09:01, evissy said:

Seri was okay against Napoli yesterday in the CL playoffs. Nothing special but composed on ball. Napoli was so much better Seri was rarely on the ball.

Not that I've seen us linked seriously to Seri, but doesn't that mean he's cup tied? Think that reduces his value to us. 

I keep visiting this thread and others in the faint hope that someone has solid information that we are nearing to sign 'someone'......alas day after day its the same old story....'nuffink', not a decent 'peep' or a 'nibble', 'nah dah', 'bugger all'.....is our business seemingly over unless someone falls in our lap on deadline day rather than making a big splash?  I think this is one of the worst transfer windows in terms of us being strongly linked to really good players I can remember..but I am sure there are worse ones. 

I'm not too bothered if we don't make any further signings as I think we have done well in the market. 4 quality and potentially very good players. The folly was in allowing all those loans and sales as the players could have been useful.  Even if we did buy players it probably isn't too good integrating too many new players in a team at same time. You could make an argument for us performing as equally as we would if we added more with the players we have now.

il be disappointed with no more signings. We haven't really strengthened like I was hoping we would. We don't seem to be able to compete for the best players anymore. Its a tough market, and if you aren't willing to spend big then it is difficult to improve our 1st 11. 

£70m gets you potential world class these days, last summer it would have gotten a player close to the finished article. 

The club have tried with Sandro, and I would definitely be in favour of spending big on 1 or 2 players that can improve us, and fill the squad with players from the academy or loan army. 

It could be an interesting week, but I think it will be more papy djilobodji than David luiz. 

Can't believe I'm seeing folk post they wouldn't be bothered if we didn't sign anymore players. Have they been sleeping while we have sold or loaned out a huge part of our already thin squad? 

We don't have the numbers to be successful in multiple competitions and that for the current EPL champions with the income and revenue we generate is a bit embarrassing really. 

We still require cover for both wing backs or upgrades while we are short in midfield. It's going to be a long season and if we want to progress in Europe in the group we have its crucial we make GOOD signings next week or we are in trouble. Simple as 

Edited by Chelsbear
20 minutes ago, Chelsbear said:

Can't believe I'm seeing folk post they wouldn't be bothered if we didn't sign anymore players. Have they been sleeping while we have sold or loaned out a huge part of our already thin squad? 

We don't have the numbers to be successful in multiple competitions and that for the current EPL champions with the income and revenue we generate is a bit embarrassing really. 

We still require cover for both wing backs or upgrades while we are short in midfield. It's going to be a long season and if we want to progress in Europe in the group we have its crucial we make GOOD signings next week or we are in trouble. Simple as 

For me it's not about not being bothered signing anymore players, it's more a case of we've had such a poor window to the point that we're six days from it closing and we're no closer to signing anyone than we were 3 weeks ago.

So I'd rather we didn't sign anyone so in the event we fall away from competing for the league or get knocked out of the CL, it will show the board how incompetent they were and things could have been a lot better had they pulled their finger out and actually paid the big money for the big players instead of penny pinching and waiting like they have done.