Random Rumours

17 hours ago, RickUK said:

Some Napoli site claims he is signing for us tomorrow. 5 year deal, 4.5m euros a season.  It's on Twitter somewhere

The sheer panic from the BlueMoon fannies is hilarious.  If he joins they'll claim they prefer to sign Mahrez anyway, and weren't fussed on Jorginho. 

Absolute cockwombles

If we do get Jorginho, can we go get Mahrez ahead of them as well, that would really rub it in :biggrin: I'm also a big fan of Mahrez and think we could do with having here with us.

3 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Jean-Michael Seri, linked with us previously apparently on the brink of signing for Fulham. 

Maybe our attention is elsewhere (Jorginho and Golovin maybe?). 

Chelsea were odds on favourites this morning but Fulham are now 1/10 to sign him so looks like he’s gone there 

That's good business by Fulham. £18m is bugger all by today's standards sadly and they obviously got their bid in, made an offer a were efficient. We don't even have a clue whom will be managing the team next year so maybe there's a reason for not wanting to join us.

We're standing by while Arsenal, City and Liverpool are strengthening and we're standing still waiting for Real to come and take Cortois and Hazard off of us. [emoji849]

11 hours ago, TheFunkeyGibbon said:

That's good business by Fulham. £18m is bugger all by today's standards sadly and they obviously got their bid in, made an offer a were efficient. We don't even have a clue whom will be managing the team next year so maybe there's a reason for not wanting to join us.

We're standing by while Arsenal, City and Liverpool are strengthening and we're standing still waiting for Real to come and take Cortois and Hazard off of us. emoji849.png

Or could it simple be due to the fact that we were going for Jorginho instead? 

I think Seri was definately a back up option for us, and the links died down over the last couple weeks, which is probably when jorginho became a real option. 

I seem to remember a few posters on here that insisted he wouldn't play in England because of chillblaines, I didn't think it would be a problem, and neither do Seri and Fulham by the looks of it. 

Good signing for Fulham and an interesting addition to the premier league.

If Willian goes to Barça then I hope the club can get a RW replacement in quick. We're just missing a quality striker and another creative RW from being a genuine title challenger. 

Provided everything else stays the same ofc. 

15 minutes ago, Boulahrouz9 said:

I reckon Meunier would be a great signing, remember seeing us linked with him last year, he's had a good world cup 

Yeah he actually confirmed that we were in for him and made an offer but he chose PSG.  He reminds me of Alonso, just on the right.  Not overly pacey, good for a goal, can swing in a cross every now and then.

On 13/07/2018 at 21:01, Deino said:

If Willian goes to Barça then I hope the club can get a RW replacement in quick. We're just missing a quality striker and another creative RW from being a genuine title challenger. 

Provided everything else stays the same ofc. 

Need a top class CB, christensen still isn't ready, we also need new full backs, we are a good bit away from title challengers, one CM doesnt change a 5th place team to a challenger 

25 minutes ago, ScrubsLaneCFC said:

Need a top class CB, christensen still isn't ready, we also need new full backs, we are a good bit away from title challengers, one CM doesnt change a 5th place team to a challenger 

Unless Sarri is planning on a back 3 we’ll need to lose a CB or two. Dave can go back to RB if we revert to a 4 but we still have 5(?) players for 2 spots. 

“Chelsea are ready to join the race to sign Real Madrid and Manchester United target Sergey Milinkovic-Savic (CdS)”

Hard to believe this one, he is going to cost upwards of 9 figures.  Also plays more attacking, a la, Barkley and possibly Golovin.

53 minutes ago, mwblue10 said:

“Chelsea are ready to join the race to sign Real Madrid and Manchester United target Sergey Milinkovic-Savic (CdS)”

Hard to believe this one, he is going to cost upwards of 9 figures.  Also plays more attacking, a la, Barkley and possibly Golovin.

That instantly gives us the best midfield on the planet, Jorginho Kante and Savic would be insane. It's not happening though.

6 hours ago, ScrubsLaneCFC said:

This is the one position we don't need to strengthen. 

RB: Dave / Moses / Zappa (should be sold)

LB: Emerson / Alonso

I see no reason we should be in any rush to spend money in this area when other areas are more important.