Random Rumours

Money

Only if we are more concerned with our net spend being profitable.  We have squad players to sell and Willian seems to be on his way out.  I’m not saying I think it will happen, but he would be the perfect player to put in midfield with Kante and Jorginho.

On 15/07/2018 at 07:31, PedroMendez said:

That instantly gives us the best midfield on the planet, Jorginho Kante and Savic would be insane. It's not happening though.

Agreed.  SMS is the perfect player to add to our midfield.  Especially for those clamoring for more goals in midfield.  He had 12 this past season.  Just too expensive, IMO, and I don’t think we will put up the money.

He'd add some much needed height and physicality. My concern is that he is a bit slow both in terms of pace and progressing the ball. Not sure that fits with the Sarri system for 140m euros.

If we are serious about spending that kind of coin, then we should wait until next summer and buyout Saul Niguez's contract. He is in my view close to the best all round midfielder in Europe. He's direct, a great presser and tackler, scores goals and can play as a 6, 8, 10 or winger. It's criminal that he didn't start for Spain at the WC.

On 15/07/2018 at 17:46, RIP Mourinho said:

This is the one position we don't need to strengthen. 

RB: Dave / Moses / Zappa (should be sold)

LB: Emerson / Alonso

I see no reason we should be in any rush to spend money in this area when other areas are more important.

You believe VM and Alonso can operate in a back 4 in the PL, our full/wingbacks weren't good enough in a back 3 let alone a 4  hence we were pursuing Sandro, Alonso is too slow to play in a 4 in the PL, VM cost us a bag of goals not marking his man, Dave will go back to RB and we will need a top LB at the least. If we are playing attacking football going to need Rapid fullbacks.  

On 15/07/2018 at 11:29, Munkworth said:

Unless Sarri is planning on a back 3 we’ll need to lose a CB or two. Dave can go back to RB if we revert to a 4 but we still have 5(?) players for 2 spots. 

Agree about Dave cant play in a CB pair, too short, but in a 4 GC is out of the picture he would get torn ragged as he did 2 seasons ago let alone now, Christensen still isn't ready for a title challenging Team, Luiz back4 is suicide, we need a top CB with experience to pair with Rudiger,  one or both of GC and DL will move on I'd think Christensen and maybe one of them as deputy 

16 minutes ago, ScrubsLaneCFC said:

You believe VM and Alonso can operate in a back 4 in the PL, our full/wingbacks weren't good enough in a back 3 let alone a 4  hence we were pursuing Sandro, Alonso is too slow to play in a 4 in the PL, VM cost us a bag of goals not marking his man, Dave will go back to RB and we will need a top LB at the least. If we are playing attacking football going to need Rapid fullbacks.  

Emerson should be first choice LB and Alonso is certainly good enough to play cup games. Emerson is one of the top young talents in the world at full back. 

Azpi will be first choice RB and is world class and Moses is surprisingly good in defensive situations, taking a similar career path to Valencia at Utd.

The options are more than good enough. We don't need to spend at all in this area.

1 minute ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Emerson should be first choice LB and Alonso is certainly good enough to play cup games. Emerson is one of the top young talents in the world at full back

Azpi will be first choice RB and is world class and Moses is surprisingly good in defensive situations, taking a similar career path to Valencia at Utd.

The options are more than good enough. We don't need to spend at all in this area.

First he is 24 next month, second no he isn't, he really isn't, he is decent, Dave isn't nippy, we need at least 1 quick LB, I mean you're right we could get by on that but I wouldn't be surprised at all if w bring in a LB it's not top priority but we need one, we were after Sandro, Emerson is miles off that  

Just now, ScrubsLaneCFC said:

First he is 24 next month, second no he isn't, he really isn't, he is decent, Dave isn't nippy, we need at least 1 quick LB, I mean you're right we could get by on that but I wouldn't be surprised at all if w bring in a LB it's not top priority but we need one, we were after Sandro, Emerson is miles off that  

Juventus were looking at buying Emerson as Sandro's replacement, so yeah, he really is. He was on par with Sandro the season before he got injured. 23 is still very young. 

Have you looked at how Sarri sets his team up or not? It appears not. 

The RB is defensively solid (Hysaj) and the majority of the attacking play goes down the left and requires a good attacking full back (Ghoulam).

Oh would you look at that. We have the best defensive full back in the league and possibly the world in Azpi and we have a young, quick LB who can whip in a killer ball with Emerson. 

:good2:

1 hour ago, ScrubsLaneCFC said:

I've never ever ever ever seen dave get skinned by a quick winger. Here's a sample of him running toe to toe with Walcott, with the ball at his feet. Dave has serious pace, we just don't see it as much when he's playing on the right of a back 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwuHofFOBBo

1 hour ago, RMCM said:

I've never ever ever ever seen dave get skinned by a quick winger. Here's a sample of him running toe to toe with Walcott, with the ball at his feet. Dave has serious pace, we just don't see it as much when he's playing on the right of a back 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwuHofFOBBo

Mate...he ran onto a ball at full pace and kept stride for 4 steps, he hasnt got much acceleration, he isn't a pacey right back he isn't slow but he isn't quick, he is very average, hence we need at least one nippy one, saying he has serious pace just isnt true in this context 

One clip is not much to build a case like this gives a false impression of him also, 

Edited by ScrubsLaneCFC

3 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Juventus were looking at buying Emerson as Sandro's replacement, so yeah, he really is. He was on par with Sandro the season before he got injured. 23 is still very young. 

Have you looked at how Sarri sets his team up or not? It appears not. 

The RB is defensively solid (Hysaj) and the majority of the attacking play goes down the left and requires a good attacking full back (Ghoulam).

Oh would you look at that. We have the best defensive full back in the league and possibly the world in Azpi and we have a young, quick LB who can whip in a killer ball with Emerson. 

:good2:

He is 24 in 2 weeks thats not a prospect, he should be getting close to the finished article, fb's develop younger, they peak quicker and are done by 30, look at Trent Arnold at only 19, look at ashley at 24, you're also trying to be a smart arse while saying what I'm saying, most of the play goes down the left at Napoli, well hey who is our left forward, so yes as I said a nippy lb is needed,  I personally don't think Emerson is good enough for a title challenge in an elite team, didn't get much game time under Antonio did he, 5 games in 5 months, he hasnt had a single senior game at international level, why did no one give a sh*t on here when we bought him? On par with sandro...what a load of nonsense, he is decent but LB is a position we need to improve, Alonso is a player I'm very fond of but if you thin he is slow on the tele watch him in person, he can't play a back 4 and be as succesful in an attackig team he would get caught out on the break, and no way would emerson get the nod over him because Alonso is better than him, clearly the coaching staff agreed

3 hours ago, ScrubsLaneCFC said:

Mate...he ran onto a ball at full pace and kept stride for 4 steps, he hasnt got much acceleration, he isn't a pacey right back he isn't slow but he isn't quick, he is very average, hence we need at least one nippy one, saying he has serious pace just isnt true in this context 

One clip is not much to build a case like this gives a false impression of him also, 

This video shows nothing. He jogs after someone in pre season and gets skinned. Literally shows nothing to do with pace.

3 hours ago, ScrubsLaneCFC said:

He is 24 in 2 weeks thats not a prospect, he should be getting close to the finished article, fb's develop younger, they peak quicker and are done by 30, look at Trent Arnold at only 19, look at ashley at 24, you're also trying to be a smart arse while saying what I'm saying, most of the play goes down the left at Napoli, well hey who is our left forward, so yes as I said a nippy lb is needed,  I personally don't think Emerson is good enough for a title challenge in an elite team, didn't get much game time under Antonio did he, 5 games in 5 months, he hasnt had a single senior game at international level, why did no one give a sh*t on here when we bought him? On par with sandro...what a load of nonsense, he is decent but LB is a position we need to improve, Alonso is a player I'm very fond of but if you thin he is slow on the tele watch him in person, he can't play a back 4 and be as succesful in an attackig team he would get caught out on the break, and no way would emerson get the nod over him because Alonso is better than him, clearly the coaching staff agreed

Finished article at 24 lmao. Ok pal. 

Emerson is nippy so we have a nippy full back. 

https://www.juvefc.com/juventus-monitoring-emerson-palmieri/ Juve wanted him to replace Sandro. 

He played so little because he was just coming off the back of an ACL injury.

1 hour ago, RIP Mourinho said:

This video shows nothing. He jogs after someone in pre season and gets skinned. Literally shows nothing to do with pace.

Finished article at 24 lmao. Ok pal. 

Emerson is nippy so we have a nippy full back. 

https://www.juvefc.com/juventus-monitoring-emerson-palmieri/ Juve wanted him to replace Sandro. 

He played so little because he was just coming off the back of an ACL injury.

You're clearly not willing to hear points so I'll leave it I'm not into bickering, read why I said I posted the video, then read what you said, you literally emphasised my point for me. And I said at 24 he should be GETTING CLOSE to the finished article, meaning by 26 a left back is at his prime by 30, it's not the same, so thats what 3 years prime? No at 24 you get top class fullbacks CLOSE to the finished article. This guy will never be in Sandros league, never have the quality of Luis, and never shine Cole's shoes, we have had teh latter 2 and tried to bid on the first, this is the quality we need in this league with the rivals we have if challenging, yes he will do ok, yes it's not a priority like a striker, but I mean it's a position we should improve if we can, Morata and Giroud will do "alright" maybe you've seen something in him I havn't and conte didn't, he hasn't been injured for years yet never had an international start,  I'm happy to be proved wrong but I'm pretty sure I'm not, he is decent...that's it. 

So if the rumours are true, we are trying to get a new goalkeeper, Rugani, Golovin and Higuain. We already have 18 non-homegrown players, so some will have to go. Courtois is expected to leave, that takes us back down to 17. Zouma is expected to leave, that get's us to 16. Zappacosta is another, 15. Willian and Morata are possibilities, that gets us down to 13. So bringing in those 4 gets us back up to 17. The problem is, we would need to replace Willian with a top class winger, so that would mean somebody else would need to leave. Probably Luiz. That is a lot to do in just over 20 days, and with how slow we have been to get things done, i can see us getting a bit desperate again.

If it was my choice, i wouldn't bother with Higuain at all, i would stick to what we have. The stuff with Courtois is up in the air. So much time has passed, he may leave, he may not leave, but at the same time, we don't want to end up losing him for nothing. Allison isn't guaranteed to sign for us either, not by a long shot, so we are taking big risks with this one. Rugani i'm 50/50 about, i'm not sure how good he even is or if we really need him. Golovin is the same, i didn't see much of him before the world cup and i'm not sure he will improve us. Willian would end up making signing a RW top priority, surely. We cannot go into next season with Pedro as our only RW option, especially after the season Pedro just had. We need a long term solution if Willian leaves.

I reckon you're right Scott on a number of points. We don't need Higuain. Rugani has never really made the breakthrough at Juve, and Golovin isn't required unless one of Fab, Barkley or RLC move on.

We will sign a new RW if Willian goes. My feeling is that Pedro with a year left on his contract could do well under Sarri. Sarri and Pep arent miles apart in approach and he would certainly do well playing a similar role to Callejon at Napoli. 

I think that allows us to look at a younger winger (preferably left footed) who can take the season to adapt to English football. Bailey, Neves from Ajax or Malcom are all options. Musonda shouldn't be ruled out either under a more attacking orientated coach.

Edited by Spiller86

23 minutes ago, Spiller86 said:

I reckon you're right Scott on a number of points. We don't need Higuain. Rugani has never really made the breakthrough at Juve, and Golovin isn't required unless one of Fab, Barkley or RLC move on.

We will sign a new RW if Willian goes. My feeling is that Pedro with a year left on his contract could do well under Sarri. Sarri and Pep arent miles apart in approach and he would certainly do well playing a similar role to Callejon at Napoli. 

I think that allows us to look at a younger winger (preferably left footed) who can take the season to adapt to English football. Bailey, Neves from Ajax or Malcom are all options. Musonda shouldn't be ruled out either under a more attacking orientated coach.

I wonder if Sarri will consider Moses as a RW option ? Played more than a few good games there the season we won the Europa League ... (especially in the EL itself ...)

10 hours ago, Sexyfootball said:

I wonder if Sarri will consider Moses as a RW option ? Played more than a few good games there the season we won the Europa League ... (especially in the EL itself ...)

That's a good shout too. 

Overrated Player!

“Chelsea are ready to join the race to sign Real Madrid and Manchester United target Sergey Milinkovic-Savic (CdS)”
Hard to believe this one, he is going to cost upwards of 9 figures.  Also plays more attacking, a la, Barkley and possibly Golovin.

I will also take Saul over Savic anyday

He'd add some much needed height and physicality. My concern is that he is a bit slow both in terms of pace and progressing the ball. Not sure that fits with the Sarri system for 140m euros.
If we are serious about spending that kind of coin, then we should wait until next summer and buyout Saul Niguez's contract. He is in my view close to the best all round midfielder in Europe. He's direct, a great presser and tackler, scores goals and can play as a 6, 8, 10 or winger. It's criminal that he didn't start for Spain at the WC.