Random Rumours

2 minutes ago, terraloon said:

I am not 100% sure he would get a work permit.

no transfer fee involved, not played in competitive International games, his wage wouldn’t be in the higher levels so it may well be difficult to qualify for a permit automatically and based on the trajectory of his career would not be difficult to go down the exceptional talent route

Work permits have never stopped us signing a player before. He’ll just been loaned out forever until we give up. 

32 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

Work permits have never stopped us signing a player before. He’ll just been loaned out forever until we give up. 

If we do indeed sign him I can’t think it’s with the initial intention of loaning him out. 

1 hour ago, terraloon said:

I am not 100% sure he would get a work permit.

no transfer fee involved, not played in competitive International games, his wage wouldn’t be in the higher levels so it may well be difficult to qualify for a permit automatically and based on the trajectory of his career would not be difficult to go down the exceptional talent route

That's a good point considering he hasn't played for Brazil in 4 years. I know there is usually special allowances when a decent fee is involved, and maybe he would still be able to go through that route, given his high wages, signing on fee, and agent fee.

This isn't really a transfer I want to happen though.  

2 hours ago, big blue said:

That's a good point considering he hasn't played for Brazil in 4 years. I know there is usually special allowances when a decent fee is involved, and maybe he would still be able to go through that route, given his high wages, signing on fee, and agent fee.

This isn't really a transfer I want to happen though.  

Those special dispensation clauses have realbeen tightened up...so there is a real possibility of him not getting a visa...

Edited by doctorblue
24 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

BBC sport gossip page say we are interested in Zaha, can't say I have seen this link recently until now, is this because the Higuaín opportunity is seen as being dead.

If it is serious can't see Palace selling this late before season gets started.

Money plus another season loan of RLC I reckon. That would do it. Maybe even tammy as well. Not sure if the rule is 1 or 2 loans from the same club at the same time mind you.

4 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

I don't know, i think he would be just as frustrating as those two. The guy blows hot and cold as often as Willian. For every good game he has, you'll get 4 average or bad ones.

In one of the worst teams in the league. You can't truly see the potential in an attacking oriented player till he gets to a better side.

5 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

I don't know, i think he would be just as frustrating as those two. The guy blows hot and cold as often as Willian. For every good game he has, you'll get 4 average or bad ones.

Sure i agree im not saying he's perfect, just i like Zaha dribbling ability and when he plays well he's a handful for any defence and the fact he's home-grown. I wouldn't pay £70M though.

6 minutes ago, jack_super_class said:

Oh come on, hardly an outrageous opinion.

Disagree. Crystal Palace are entirely set up around Zaha. He does little off the ball or outside of the final third.

Pedro and Willian are asked to do much more work (third man runs etc.) to support our attack. They are also heavily involved in our build-up and defence. Zaha does none of that. He essentially has a dribble and a shot and that's it. 

27 minutes ago, Spiller86 said:

Disagree. Crystal Palace are entirely set up around Zaha. He does little off the ball or outside of the final third.

Pedro and Willian are asked to do much more work (third man runs etc.) to support our attack. They are also heavily involved in our build-up and defence. Zaha does none of that. He essentially has a dribble and a shot and that's it. 

Still doesn't make my opinion outrageous though. In any team Zaha would give any top defender a hard game he's capable of being a match winner. I think he was in the top 5 dribblers in Europe last season with Hazard. Im not saying we should spend £70M on him but he's a good player.

18 minutes ago, BordeauxBlue said:

Talk of us being in for Aaron Ramsey, who has one year left on his deal.

Would you take him?

I would absolutely, reckon he'd be perfect for the AM position in Sarri's 4-3-3 (as would Christian Eriksen). I don't doubt RLC/Barkley have talent but I don't think they have Ramsey's football brain.

Edited by the special one
24 minutes ago, TheFunkeyGibbon said:

There's hints that Christian Pulisic might be bring hawked ariund by Dortmund. He's be expensive (£60m+) but he's a hell of a tallent and 19 had a lot of room to grow. Thoughts?

Possibly one of the players I'd prefer most in todays market - imagine him costing ~£60m but Dembele ~£135m last year. He's a natural right winger, already has experience in one of the biggest leagues in Europe and the Champions League and is only 19. Could (and I think would) become a Chelsea star.