Random Rumours

First time posting in the forum.  I think that Chelsea needs to do some smart moves within the next week before the transfer window closes.  I don't understand how it can take them so long in acquiring players.  There are two key players that in my opinion will make a huge difference and are the ideal signings and those are Mateo Kovacic and Christian Pulisic.  I think that Chelsea can pay around $100 mil to get both.  I think Kovacic is a versatile and very talented player who can player in the midfield with Jorginho and Kante, helps with the defending and also in the offense.  As much as like Aaron Ramsey, I think there's a huge difference between Kovacic and Ramsey because of the versatility that he brings and I think he fits perfect in Sarri's system.  I wish there would be a way that the supporters can bring up to Chelsea management's attention because there's no way we can go through another year with the useless and dumb moves.  At this moment, we're not better than Liverpool, Man City, Man Utd and Tottenham and can possibly see ourselves ending 5-7 if we are honest with ourselves.  Anyone with football knowledge would know that getting Kovacic would be a perfect move that Chelsea could make especially when he wants out of Real Madrid. 

On 28/07/2018 at 23:07, Chelsbear said:

Not really, would rather stick with Barkley and RLC 

You have ignored the one major difference. Ramsey knows where the goal is and regularly finds it. RLC and Barkley dont.

Ramsey is still relatively young and, when fit, a genuine box to box midfielder who finishes. Those players are rare. Ask Frank Lampard.

8 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Giroud is a better player than many give him credit for. Now did he not join us over other European teams because his family is settled and happy in London? Does that change cause it is a French team linked? Or is it sarri does not rate him?

The rumours of a Giroud exit are absurd. He is not only our best striker at combinations around the box (which Sarri seems to like) but he became a leader in the dressing room and a much more reliable finisher than Morata. 

I admire Morata for returning so quickly to play today, but if there is a striker to sell it surely has to be him. You just can't keep missing and be retained.

8 minutes ago, the special one said:

Ramsey wouldn't have f**ked up a simple through ball in a promising 3 v 2 situation like RLC did tonight.

You do realise RLC is just back from a break after the world cup and came on as a late sub? 

But yeah Ramsey would have made two assists and scored a brace...

Place is mental 

5 minutes ago, the special one said:

Ramsey wouldn't have f**ked up a simple through ball in a promising 3 v 2 situation like RLC did tonight.

It was a bad ball, Barkley over hit one for Tammy aswell. I just think that link up player between midfield and attack, needs to be top notch. 

They need great vision, movement, intelligence, technique, weight of pass, they have to supply that killer ball, and also be capable of scoring themselves. 

Barkley and RLC need to play a couple of levels above what they have produced so far in their careers. 

Not sure ramsay is the answer, he 8s barely off the treatment table.

23 minutes ago, Spiller86 said:

The rumours of a Giroud exit are absurd. He is not only our best striker at combinations around the box (which Sarri seems to like) but he became a leader in the dressing room and a much more reliable finisher than Morata. 

I admire Morata for returning so quickly to play today, but if there is a striker to sell it surely has to be him. You just can't keep missing and be retained.

Giroud a reliable finisher? Okay. His strength lies in his hold up play which Sarri’s style doesn’t require.

6 minutes ago, ducavis said:

Giroud a reliable finisher? Okay. His strength lies in his hold up play which Sarri’s style doesn’t require.

Look that might be slight hyperbole. But he scored big goals for us last year and is certainly more reliable than Morata. 

In my view teams will sit deep against us to combat the Sarriball approach. Giroud could be important to unlocking those defences. 

49 minutes ago, Chelsbear said:

You do realise RLC is just back from a break after the world cup and came on as a late sub? 

But yeah Ramsey would have made two assists and scored a brace...

Place is mental 

I'm not suggesting RLC needs to come on and bag two assists and score a brace... in that particular situation just a simple percentage pass to give Tammy a chance would have sufficed. A break shouldn't matter, if he had quality he wouldn't even need to be fit.

Edited by the special one

Apparently we've offered £30m plus Drinkwater for Zaha... which has been turned down.

The market is ridiculous. £60m for inconsistent wingers like Zaha and Mahrez while Barça are quietly picking up Malcolm for just over half that?

At this rate we would be better placed to keep giving CH-O a run out, if Zaha is £60m then he's got to be worth at least £65m [emoji23]

8 hours ago, TheFunkeyGibbon said:

Apparently we've offered £30m plus Drinkwater for Zaha... which has been turned down.

The market is ridiculous. £60m for inconsistent wingers like Zaha and Mahrez while Barça are quietly picking up Malcolm for just over half that?

At this rate we would be better placed to keep giving CH-O a run out, if Zaha is £60m then he's got to be worth at least £65m emoji23.png

To be fair Zaha has been tearing opponents apart for CP and Ivory Coast. He's pacy, strong and extremely unpredictable. Not that hard to see whay they won't allow him to leave for peanuts. Furthermore, it's only £60M if CP values DD at £30M, which it seriously doubt they do. I believe we have to offer something like £45M + DD for them to even consider the offer.

16 minutes ago, Hanzen said:

To be fair Zaha has been tearing opponents apart for CP and Ivory Coast. He's pacy, strong and extremely unpredictable. Not that hard to see whay they won't allow him to leave for peanuts. Furthermore, it's only £60M if CP values DD at £30M, which it seriously doubt they do. I believe we have to offer something like £45M + DD for them to even consider the offer.

Palace would want a striker if we were serious about Zaha so expect that would need to be Giroud.

I think Zaha could do well for Sarri though not sure how we would shape up in a front three, 

33 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

Palace would want a striker if we were serious about Zaha so expect that would need to be Giroud.

I think Zaha could do well for Sarri though not sure how we would shape up in a front three, 

Good point. Though it would be lethal with a front three with Haz, Martial, Zaha. Pace and unpredictability all over the line. but yeah, that would probably cost us Morata, Giroud, Willian and DD.

Too late for any business from us now in my opinion, besides a potential Courtois replacement. (right now i think he is staying, too)

We haven't even shifted any of the supposed certaintees to go.

Took us god knows how long to sort Sarri and then take Jorginho.  I would be quite confident that we wont do anything this final week.  Unless we are quietly moving ahead with a couple deals behind the scenes.

Clubs should not have voted for the earlier closure of the window tbh, i get why they did, but i think they made it worse for themselves, plus the deadline is 5pm

Definitely think from next summer though we absolutely need a Sporting director/DOF to take negotiations away from Marina

Edited by RickUK
23 hours ago, the special one said:

Because he would be, as was, injured. I don't think RLC is going to make it with us but i am also not sure that Ramsey is the answer.