Money

Random Rumours

49 minutes ago, evissy said:

Lozano is interesting but why are we suddenly buying wingers. We need a striker. 

We need goals, and he can find the back of the net.

6 minutes ago, CFCCAN said:

Sarri says the same sh*te after every game and yet never fixes the problem by playing the same way, with the same players, with the same pass to death, send you to sleep football......f**k it bring Costa back, at least it was entertaining even if he wasn't scoring. But on a more serious note, we have to do something this window before we all fall asleep and wake up in 6th place come season end.  

PS - it's been 5 months since he arrived and I still haven't worked out what 'Sarriball' is apart from trying to achieve the most number of passes in the first 80 yards of the pitch.......or am I being cynical?  or not giving him enough time to at least have some idea of where we are going with this concept.  I'm sure I'll get slated but hey its only my opinion. 

I feel Sarri ball isn’t the issue here, it’s the inability of our forward players to run into space/ behind the opposition.  Bar Pedro, they all seem to want it to feet just in front of the defence. It isn’t something you can teach a Hazard/Willian at this stage in their career, for it to work you need pace and fresh legs. 

I can understand Lozano yet not Lozano and Pusillic.

I notice Pusilic is being mentioned by the general media as a potential replacement for Hazard, is that Hazard as the winger or Hazard as the No.9?

1 hour ago, ducavis said:

I feel Sarri ball isn’t the issue here, it’s the inability of our forward players to run into space/ behind the opposition.  Bar Pedro, they all seem to want it to feet just in front of the defence. It isn’t something you can teach a Hazard/Willian at this stage in their career, for it to work you need pace and fresh legs. 

While agreeing with your assessment of players not running in behind the defence this surely comes down to tactics rather than the players themselves, they managed to do it with Conte and Jose.  Another winger added to those we already have isn't going to help IMO. We need a striker who can get into the box and cause problems together with midfielders who aren't afraid to drive at the defence and shoot once in a while aka Lampard, Essien, Ballack to name a few, rather than pussy footing around the box......its like 'foreplay' with no climatic ending...with many onlookers shouting 'stick it in'  

3 hours ago, ducavis said:

I think it's interesting that the only other player we have who runs in behind is Kante, im not sure any of the others have the intelligence or instinct to do it.

Edited by dkw

9 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

I can understand Lozano yet not Lozano and Pusillic.

I notice Pusilic is being mentioned by the general media as a potential replacement for Hazard, is that Hazard as the winger or Hazard as the No.9?

I'd have a hard time seeing him as a 9 here, I could see either wing or the left center mid role that kovacic plays in sarri's system.  Lozano I could see being either wing, or the 9 - he seems to be more like mertens to me.

2 hours ago, BordeauxBlue said:

Sunday express reckon we're in for Cavani.

We'd only give him a one year deal though surely? 

Class player.

Being it's the express probably not much to it, not like they would get the scoop on anything, just report what others are saying was it via anyone? However he would fit us very nicely buy like that would make top 4 far more plausable 

40 minutes ago, WalterWhiteCFC said:

Being it's the express probably not much to it, not like they would get the scoop on anything, just report what others are saying was it via anyone? However he would fit us very nicely buy like that would make top 4 far more plausable 

IIF? Mate I wouldn’t care if it was only for one season I would be staggered if he didn’t rip the premier league apart.

Lucas Pacqueta signed for AC Milan today apparently for 35m. Would seem unlikely given their finances that they could do that deal and still keep Higuain.

Twitter itks (one of the better ones anyway) are also talking about us being interested in Benzema.

Feels like we're shopping for a striker maybe in a few places. Will be interesting to see what happens. 

41 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Cavani, Higuain, Benzema...

Apparently we’ve found a scouting report from 2009 and confused it for our 2019 one.

Perhaps it's just reflective of the mediocrity of the upcoming generation. Tbh I'd rather have a 30yr+ old "has been" than put up with another 12/24 months watching some muppet like Werner struggle to come to terms with the intensity of the Premier League.

I'd go for Luis Suarez personally, bring Diego back, or hand over £70m+ for Joelinton.

Edited by the special one

Would love to see cavani here even if he would be here for 2 seasons at most. 

We need to get top 4 and he would without doubt strengthen our chances. 

21 minutes ago, the special one said:

Perhaps it's just reflective of the mediocrity of the upcoming generation. Tbh I'd rather have a 30yr+ old "has been" than put up with another 12/24 months watching some muppet like Werner struggle to come to terms with the intensity of the Premier League.

I'd go for Luis Suarez personally, bring Diego back, or hand over £70m+ for Joelinton.

I think you’ve just contradicted yourself there 

2 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

I think you’ve just contradicted yourself there 

How? Joelinton? He's the only CF I think could handle the Premier League, the rest are just turd imho. I guess we could just abandon playing with a CF like Liverpool have done with Firmino.

Edited by the special one

33 minutes ago, the special one said:

bring Diego back

In the last 24 months Costa has 10 league goals in 44 appearances, most of them starts. 

He played 1.5 seasons for Chelsea, half a campaign each season. 

The man agitated for a move within 6 months of his arrival. 

When he was good, he was great. 

But I for one was happy to see him go. I was even more happy when we were able to get 60M for him. Talk about robbery. 

He hasn't been worth a damn in 2 years...

There is a lot of re-written history when it comes to Diego Costa and Chelsea. 

9 minutes ago, BordeauxBlue said:

Joelinton has a transfer value of 15m - rather fork out 70m on Prince Harry

Put a 1 in front of that 70 and you MIGHT get Levy to pick up the phone. 

5 minutes ago, Skinnedy said:

In the last 24 months Costa has 10 league goals in 44 appearances, most of them starts. 

He played 1.5 seasons for Chelsea, half a campaign each season. 

The man agitated for a move within 6 months of his arrival. 

When he was good, he was great. 

But I for one was happy to see him go. I was even more happy when we were able to get 60M for him. Talk about robbery. 

He hasn't been worth a damn in 2 years...

There is a lot of re-written history when it comes to Diego Costa and Chelsea. 

The thing with Diego it isn't just about the goals, it's about having a CF with balls. It isn't a coincidence that most of the strikers who make it in the Premier League are 'mad dogs' as Jose would say.

12 minutes ago, the special one said:

The thing with Diego it isn't just about the goals, it's about having a CF with balls

Again, there is some revisionist history when it comes to Costa. I've written in one of these threads that he was that incredibly hot girl you dated. She was thrilling... and at times she made you absolutely miserable. 

Then as you remember back you think "she was so hot. Why did we break up?"

Because she was always looking at other dudes and she treated you like crap....

Yeah, but she was soooooo hot... lol. 

Diego thrilled us for half a season, and was utter crap as a want away malcontent the other half. 

The biggest part if the revisionist history though, isn't necessarily his on field performance, which I've mentioned it's that "axed by Conte" crap. You didnt bring that up, it's just part of the amnesia people have when remembering Costa's tenure with Chelsea. Conte was hardly to blame for Costa leaving. And that we got 60M for a 30 year old want-away shows he didnt actually hurt our ability to get a fee for him either. 

Anyway... I'm rambling. 

The short is... I dont want Costa back because 

1. He only showed up for half a season each year he was here 

2. He agitated for a move each season he was here (has done the same thing at Atletico already)

3. He's been non productive on the field for 24 months (6 of which he sat out because he's pretty damned unprofessional).