Money

Random Rumours

David Luiz:

][/color]"I would definitely like Neymar in my team but it is up to him to decide where he wants to play," he said in the London Evening Standard. "I hope he signs for Chelsea. Neymar's getting to know London and he likes it very much. I love it here, too.

"It's one of the best cities in the world - all I miss is the beach."

Edited by Hutch

I love Luiz. He seems like such a character and a quality guy. I hope his English is coming along well, because once he starts giving interviews I think he's gonna make Arshavin look about as funny as Edward R Murrow.

He was the chap whose father said that young players should never ever sign for Chelsea as when he did trials here he wasn't deemed up to snuff, doubt he'd be up for a move unfortunately.

Yeah, that is not a good sign, and if thats they way he feels feck im, but in fairness Robben's father said the same thing several times and then his son overruled him.

Just been watching revista de la liga, and he said that neymar has completed a medical at RM and that he will be a player after santos season. We missed out. They paying 60-65million euro's.

Just been watching revista de la liga, and he said that neymar has completed a medical at RM and that he will be a player after santos season. We missed out. They paying 60-65million euro's.

If they are paying 60-65m euro`s then we certainly did not miss out. That is ridiculous.

And its been denied by Neymar and his people who seem to love the circus surrounding their player (they no doubt smell a huge payday when someone actually pays the transfer fee).

But if he moved to Madrid I wouldnt be shocked at all. Seeing Messi's constant brilliance it seems like having Ronaldo is no longer good enough for them. And everyone seems to think Neymar will be the answer to Messi when he comes of age and I guess, given the talent, its not a shock people think that. But talent is no substitute for cohesion. And I think Madrid might be doing this under the old principle of keeping their name in the headlines and getting the biggest names in the game.

It also doesnt seem like a Jose signing at all, having to integrate yet another mercurial attacking talent into the team, rather than solidify the team he's got (which, sunday's blip aside, finally looks complete and has been destroying teams so far this season). If they get Sahin, Alonso, and Ozil forming a sturdy partnership in the middle, there will be no end to their potential.

In the short term it would mean Di Maria will be up for grabs, despite having been a brilliant player for them.

Edited by TheWestwayWonder

Westway exactly what he said, that they feel that he will challenge messi for number 1. Also dkw, I was refering to the player as I believe he is a incredible talent instead of the price tag. However a few on here speak about torres selling shirts to pay his fee etc, Neymar would be exactly the same.

In the short term it would mean Di Maria will be up for grabs, despite having been a brilliant player for them.

Looked like he was angling for a move to Hollywood this weekend. Bettered only by that big lad who went for a boggie after Kedheira gave him a shove.

No one's mentioned this, but I reckon this lad will be special, he already stands out in Everton game I saw him play in. http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2011/09/20/2674122/chelsea-to-offer-20m-for-everton-wonderkid-ross-barkley

Edited by Ben

I don't watch Everton that much, so who is that kid anyway? Rodwell would be an interesting prospect if AVB is interested in.

Rodwell has not progressed at all, no point in buying him when we have a much better player in Josh. Would rather Fellani or Tieote than him

I was looking for something on Barkley and came across this:

Josh McEachran, Chelsea

The Blue expect big things from sprightly 16-year-old McEachran who has been with the club since the age of eight. He captained the England U-16’s last year before being fast tracked into the U-17’s. The winger’s best attribute is his lightening quick pace which he combines with excellent technical ability unrivalled by most players his age. The youngster turned down advances from Manchester United to sign full-time after starring for Chelsea’s youth team last season while still a schoolboy.

I know he played on the left at times for the reserves, but lightning quick?

Rodwell has not progressed at all, no point in buying him when we have a much better player in Josh. Would rather Fellani or Tieote than him

But Rodwell is 20 and can play at DM or CB. According to the ITK bullsh*t carousel, he was offered to Man Utd for 15 million this summer and they said no.

But if he gets back his form this year, and stays injury free he will be a talented, english 21 year old who can play in different spots on the pitch. If could be had for a little less than 15, I would say go for it in that case.

I was looking for something on Barkley and came across this:

I know he played on the left at times for the reserves, but lightning quick?

What stood out for me in those quotes was this line

"The youngster turned down advances from Manchester United".

Those sneaky bar stewards.

We are apparently close to signing some 15 year old kid from Real Madrid called José Ángel Pozo. Reading a few reports and he is a striker or attacking midfielder of some quality.

But Rodwell is 20 and can play at DM or CB. According to the ITK bullsh*t carousel, he was offered to Man Utd for 15 million this summer and they said no.

But if he gets back his form this year, and stays injury free he will be a talented, english 21 year old who can play in different spots on the pitch. If could be had for a little less than 15, I would say go for it in that case.

Just another player taking up a place in the side Josh could play. Rodwell would only be a squad player IMO

Well he is only 20, and he is the first bloke to keep Silva in his pocket since he has come to England in my view. He was immense in that game.

He is flexible and English and playing in an entirely different spot to Josh, there would be worse buys. Though I think we chose to buy Romeu instead who was cheaper.

I don't think he is a bad player, but would be over priced & hopefully we have enough in that position in Romeu & Mikel

As for Barkley, you'd really have to ask an Everton fan. Maybe there's some reason for all the hype, but he's had one good game this season against QPR and one very average one against Blackburn and thats about it.

Barkley is a much better player than Rodwell, he is most like Gerrard but with a bit more close control on the ball, eventually i can see him in the Cahill role behind a striker, what you need to remember though is that he is 17 and just recovering from a triple leg break!! thats why he has'nt play loads this season, but he is the future for us, no doubt, and he has recently been promoted from U-19's U21's for England so he is progressing in the right way, it will the usual keeping hold of him that will be the issue, which is a huge concern for us at the moment as we have a few promising youngsters waiting for their chance, but soon as they play they will be off as we cant afford to keep hold of them

Couple of interesting rumours doing the rounds of the net at the moment (all of which are probably bollocks but hey, its fun). some sites are quoting Lille`s academy director as saying we are making the running for Mickey Hazards son, Eden..

"Eden is certainly willing to stay at Lille at least until next summer," he said.

"Here is his home, this is his garden.

"Chelsea has been following him the closest," added Vandamme.

"The Spaniards have not manifested themselves yet, but I think they are playing it smart and will call when they know they have to - I'm talking about Real, but also about Barcelona.

"The buyer will have to come up with a lot of money - let us say he is not currently to go for less than forty million."

Next the ever reliable Clubcall.com has us lining up a certain Ganso fella, and the man with a name that sounds like one of Jim Henson`s inventions saying this:-

He said: "We will have to wait for the Club World Cup (in Japan from December 8-18) to finish to sit down and talk again about this.

"We cannot rush things at this point. I know that 2012 will be an important year for Santos, but I want to wait before making any type of decision."

Definitely about Chelsea that.

Edited by dkw