Random Rumours

23 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

I disagree with Coutinho and Auba.

Coutinho reminds me of Oscar, very hot & cold. Don’t want to see an inconsistent player again. We’ve had it with Oscar and now with Willian.

Auba would be too expensive and I don’t fancy him, especially not at 30. Surely there is better options. Werner for example probably would cost the same, not just in transfer also in wages.

Coutinho is a much better player than Oscar.

28 minutes ago, Jezz said:

As ever with the maiil it's a sneakily written headline, the thinking is he will leave Charlton early so he can go on loan elsewhere, not be sold. 

Here it is, nearly 2 full days since the window SLAMMED OPEN (does it work the same way as it does when it shuts? or does it SWING WILDLY OPEN?) - have we signed a new squad yet?

In all seriousness, I want to see transfer news, but not just transfer news for the sake of transfer news. I feel relatively positive about our transfer business going into the next 2 windows. I have nothing to go off of that supports the way I feel, other than, it's just the way I feel and the random articles and videos of ITK youtubers ( 😜 ). Idk, I just feel a positivity about the club that I haven't really felt the last few years.

11 minutes ago, Bluesince66 said:

I would like to be positive, but some of the names we are linked to don't fill me with optimism.i think I would rather stay with the current squad we have than waste millions on backups,and poor ones at that.

Have to agree. Would hate for average January signings (because the cream of the crop is rarely available in Jan) to stop going after sancho and the likes in summer

Have to agree. Would hate for average January signings (because the cream of the crop is rarely available in Jan) to stop going after sancho and the likes in summer
To be fair the noise coming out of Lampard and Morris is very much going down the route of only signing players who are needed and will improve squad rather than players to bulk up the squad. Also, reading between the lines a little, I get the feeling they are only thinking about maybe two signings.

So, a 34 year old striker and 5 midfielders coming up!

Looks like Conor Gallagher's loan at Charlton may end in January. Question is whether we try to loan him out to a Premier League club or whether he could even get some playing time in the first team during the second half of the season?

1 hour ago, forbzy said:

Looks like Conor Gallagher's loan at Charlton may end in January. Question is whether we try to loan him out to a Premier League club or whether he could even get some playing time in the first team during the second half of the season?

I thought Charlton had confirmed he's staying until the end of the season? 

1 hour ago, Adamrb said:

The thing is, we don't necessarily need some amazing signings, but we need players who will fit into the system. Look at liverpool. Klopp only uses players who fit the system well. I don't want top tier players for the sake of it. I want players who will fit the system. I hope this means we scout better. We used to have a fantastic scouting system, I don't get why we aren't using it. We seem to go for known players.

I don't mean to go back to Liverpool again, but they scouted Firmino, Robertson, Matip who have been brilliant for them, and they have recently scouted that Japanese lad who looks to be potentially a very shrewd signing for a low fee. Who have we scouted in the past 5 years who have turned out to be top class for us? 

Edited by enigma
1 hour ago, dkw said:

I thought Charlton had confirmed he's staying until the end of the season? 

Perhaps I misread it. Several rumours in the press that he has attracted interest from West Brom and Burnley but I cannot imagine we would sell him.

Across the next 2 windows I would love for us to acquire Sancho, Werner, Zyech & Telles.

There is not much point in trying to go after squad fillers as its obvious we have a quality academy and minutes should be used to bed them into the team. 

Ideally this window we need a left back, winger and another centre forward. 

This would hopefully allow Pedro,Giroud and one of Alonso or Emerson to leave. 

No names spring to mind with regards to the left back or centre forward but I would really like us to sign a left footed winger to play on the right to give us the option of something different. 

Someone like Ziyech or even Mahrez he’s not an automatic starter for city and they are in desperate need of a centre back. Rumours in the summer Pep really wanted Christensen maybe a player + cash deal could work. This could work especially if we have a buy back option with Ake. For me Christensen will never be a number 1 here and it may be a good way to off load him. 

I really think we need another midfielder who can get 10+ goals a season for wide and William is definitely not that player.  

6 minutes ago, Belfast_blue5 said:

Ideally this window we need a left back, winger and another centre forward. 

This would hopefully allow Pedro,Giroud and one of Alonso or Emerson to leave. 

No names spring to mind with regards to the left back or centre forward but I would really like us to sign a left footed winger to play on the right to give us the option of something different. 

Someone like Ziyech or even Mahrez he’s not an automatic starter for city and they are in desperate need of a centre back. Rumours in the summer Pep really wanted Christensen maybe a player + cash deal could work. This could work especially if we have a buy back option with Ake. For me Christensen will never be a number 1 here and it may be a good way to off load him. 

Now that would indeed be interesting if we could arrange a player swap involving Christensen and Mahrez.