Money

Random Rumours

1 hour ago, icecoolguy22 said:

With a week to go, it seriously looking like nothing will happen, or a panic buy on the deadline day. There's not even a remotely decent Chelsea rumor at moment, Cavani deal is possible but looks like we have offer him something special to get him. Maybe with the lose the club made last year, we didn't have much money to spend, and we are selling before buying.

Yes, all those saying we wouldn't have got the ban lifted if we wasn't going to make a statement in this window. Same old story. The only serious link is a 32 year old on loan for half a season.

I suppose that's a statement of some sort.

33 minutes ago, WhiteWall said:

Yes, all those saying we wouldn't have got the ban lifted if we wasn't going to make a statement in this window. Same old story. The only serious link is a 32 year old on loan for half a season.

I suppose that's a statement of some sort.

So what do you want to happen, just go out and get anyone, no matter who? I would much rather we had the right targets and if they arent gettable now then wait until the summer, rather than just sign any old sh*te like we have done in the past.

5 hours ago, dkw said:

So what do you want to happen, just go out and get anyone, no matter who? I would much rather we had the right targets and if they arent gettable now then wait until the summer, rather than just sign any old sh*te like we have done in the past.

There are players out there moving though. Barca were linked with Dani Olmo a winger who can play as a ‘10’ but can’t afford him, he is now moving to Leipzig for £30m which is dirt cheap. With Pulisic out and no clear return date, we are stuck playing Willian & CHO on the wings.

I rate him very highly and would have thought we would have gone in for him considering Lamps concerns about a lack of creativity, he would have been a perfect replacement for Pedro and wouldn’t impact any summer plans.

6 hours ago, dkw said:

Agreed. I think we need to get the right fit. For too long we've been happy with dross because our number one target wasn't available or said no. Remember when we wanted Oxlade-Chamberlain and ended up with Zappacosta? 

Our squad is fine to get us into the top four, particularly when you consider Pedro and Giroud have barely played. They are well and truly good enough to help in the run in.

We always said this was a transition season. As it stands we're still 6 points clear in fourth that's not the end of the world in my view.

I don’t understand..surely there must be 1 striker in the WHOLE WORLD who could improve us? Surely the scouts must have some up and coming players to get? How can we only be linked with Cavani and Dembele?

12 hours ago, JM7 said:

I don’t understand..surely there must be 1 striker in the WHOLE WORLD who could improve us? Surely the scouts must have some up and coming players to get? How can we only be linked with Cavani and Dembele?

I guess it depends on the striker the board/Frank are looking for. From the players we have been linked with, it seems they are looking for someone already established versus someone that has potential and will possibly grow into a top player. AKA a quick fix until the end of the season or until we actually find someone worth spending big on. Dembele and Cavani look like the only established strikers that you can get for a reasonable price this window unless you are willing to go out and spend money in the 100million range. 

Not that I support this strategy, but that looks like the direction they are going. The rumours about Cavani's costs also have me concerned.

Edited by Frankie8Lampard

Mariano Diaz from Real is an interesting one. Fantastic physical specimen, powerful, tall, eye for goal but just not someone Zidane cares to use. Would come easy on a loan or an inexpensive transfer

17 hours ago, Spiller86 said:

Agreed. I think we need to get the right fit. For too long we've been happy with dross because our number one target wasn't available or said no. Remember when we wanted Oxlade-Chamberlain and ended up with Zappacosta? 

Our squad is fine to get us into the top four, particularly when you consider Pedro and Giroud have barely played. They are well and truly good enough to help in the run in.

We always said this was a transition season. As it stands we're still 6 points clear in fourth that's not the end of the world in my view.

But all we ever get linked to are either over the hill or questionable players, and that's if there is any foundation in the links. If there is nor foundation, it maybe that regardless of the war-chest that we apparently have, we're not actually linked with anyone.

I think a lot of the players we are apparently linked to actually come from people wish list on forums like this that social media outlets re-hash as actual rumours. From what I can gather the only likely accurate rumours are that we have expressed an interest in Cavani and Dembele.

And generally speaking, players are better when they are young and on the upward curve than old and downward curve. 

There must be younger players who the club have identified. 

We are being linked with a move for a Left Back from Grasshoppers called Arigoni now. Supposedly very quick but Grasshoppers are in Swiss second division currently so limited info on him.

8 hours ago, WhiteWall said:

But all we ever get linked to are either over the hill or questionable players, and that's if there is any foundation in the links. If there is nor foundation, it maybe that regardless of the war-chest that we apparently have, we're not actually linked with anyone.

I think a lot of the players we are apparently linked to actually come from people wish list on forums like this that social media outlets re-hash as actual rumours. From what I can gather the only likely accurate rumours are that we have expressed an interest in Cavani and Dembele.

That's a fair point and I don't want to defend our transfer approach which I have said for at least 3 years has been diabolical. We rely far too much on agents and on the right price rather than the right fit and end up wasting a lot of money and getting neither a good deal nor a good fit. 

I reckon there is a lot of interaction between links social media and other carry on mainly pushed by agents. People then pick them up on here and form a view based on some stats when they would never have even seen them play. It's all a bit silly. 

20 minutes ago, JM7 said:

Could we put a cheeky loan offer for Costa?

Is he still actually playing? I feel like whenever I see media about him it's for crashing a go kart into a pool or some other shenanigans.

Is he still actually playing? I feel like whenever I see media about him it's for crashing a go kart into a pool or some other shenanigans.
All the more reason to bring him back. The fella is comedy gold.

3 minutes ago, loz said:
15 minutes ago, Spiller86 said:

All the more reason to bring him back. The fella is comedy gold.

We have been missing leadership... feel like driving go karts into a pool is just the sort of Churchillian stuff we need.

1 minute ago, Spiller86 said:

We have been missing leadership... feel like driving go karts into a pool is just the sort of Churchillian stuff we need.

Reminds me more of Malcolm in the middle.