Random Rumours

1 hour ago, ozboy said:

There was money from the sale of hazard and morata. 
we sold lamptey. Fair enough but lose a promising young player

we will have RLC and pulisic coming back but both are injury prone and have to run into form and in roc’s case get into the team. 
I think we have put the second half of the season at risk but there is of course further opportunity for the existing squad who may continue to grow into their job. Leicester don’t really have a backup striker and vardy is 33. So it’s self reliance for now for better or for worse. 

I'd say that is a little harsh on Iheanacho. He has weighed in with some important goals for them this season and has been more consistent than our backup options.

Well we best we can hope for is for all the players to step up to ensure we end up in the top 4.  Surprised we didn't dump more players, especially those out on loan to at least increase the cash flow going into the summer window.  We need to dump at least 10 players in the summer.  On another note lets hope we have built in a buy back clause re Lamptey.   Overall its been a pretty piss poor window all round although I am still scratching my head that there was not one player in Europe or South America that we didn't grab early in the window.

19 minutes ago, ducavis said:

Not a chance in hell. You reckon the board will hand him a 2 transfer window budget in the summer? Not a chance.

It will be an interesting summer.

Iam sure our board will splash the cash and pay over market value for all our summer targets and secure all of them

#Sarcasm

Really disappointed with our board..

Seems like they dont want Lamps to stay beyond this season..

Needed a striker signing badly...

Cant understand the argument wait for the right player till summer..We need to be in the top 4 if we need to get those right players in the summer..!!!

Yet another shocking and disappointing transfer window for the club IMO and no wonder Frank is pissed.  You would have thought that once , or if not earlier, the news of the transfer ban was lifted the club should have identified and had some pre agreements with players they wanted to sign in January, (calling tapping up, call it want you want...all clubs do it through various back channels) so that they could have signed them in the first few days at the start of the window.  It appears, on the surface at least, that no pre-work had been done and the Board throughout the window was fumbling around in the dark hoping to bump into a striker and a left back together with attacking scoring midfielder....instead of which they found a door leading into a wide open space and found sweet FA.   The club apparently had money to spend but would rather withhold the funds for the summer; and in any event, regardless of how much the player would have cost in January the club would get it back in very quick time in shirt and other merchandise sales as well at solidifying a CL spot; instead they have left the club and Frank in a very precarious position where losing a CL spot is very real.......ask Frank, he'll agree.      

Good thing we got the ban lifted, we really are poor at recruiting these days,  had loads of top managers and just not supported them in the windows. 

I thought having a football person like Petr In there to help marina would make the difference, apparently Roman has the ambition to recruit, the manager wants players, the club has money...

It just seems like we aren’t getting the job done, same story for the past few years, so what’s the problem? 

Top 4, CL big club in London, not like we can’t attract, it’s poor tbh let’s just hope for a good summer

Edited by SFL82

1 hour ago, Sexyfootball said:

It will be interesting to see how young Lamptey does at Brighton. Hopefully we did at least insert a buy-back clause in that one.

The way we ballsed this transfer period up we 100% did not put a buy back clause on the Lamptey deal.

13 minutes ago, BlueDay said:

It's clear the club have sold Lamprey without Lampards backing. Why would he go out on a limb bringing him on in some important games only to sell him in January? 

Why would the board need Lampard's backing to sell a third-choice RB who wants to leave anyway with a contract about to expire? And Lampard didn't go out on a limb for him, Lamptey is a good young player and earned those appearances, and at the time it was not known the player was eventually going to leave.

Although as the lad also said he can play anywhere on the right hand side. So why wasn't the contract arrangements for this lad sorted much early so he didn't run his contract down. We could have moved Pedro on to Brighton and worked with the lad further up the pitch. He's young enough to be Pedro's son virtually so there's bags more potential there.

If we're actually going to reduce our squad depth rather than strengthen it, then why not let those at the end of their time here go before moving on teh potential stars of the future. And third choice or not Lamptey has shown more for me in these cameo performances this season than i haveseen from CHO.

It appears to me to be a matter that there is just no plan here at all.

Looking at the comments from Lampard and some of the few madia links, Chelsea were trying to get a striker, but the fact that we are just not the big club financially that us fans think we are and the fact that those in charge of recruitment are just not good enough at their job means we will likely fail to achieve.

Also in my mind, if you take away the shocking performnaces, poor press speculation and uproar from fans from Conte's second season, this situation now, is the very embryo, of the turn of Conte from season 1 champions to season 2 couldn't give a f**k. I bet Conte has a wry old smile on his face at Lampard at the moment.

13 minutes ago, chef said:

Maybe the targets we want just weren't available in January.

So do you also think all of the talk throughout this window has been bollox. I also thought this throughout, although the fact the announcement that Giroud is staying happened five minutes after the announcement that Cavani is staying is probbaly telling. He was the only player that Lampard expressed an opinion over, so it wouldn't surprise me if this cr@p recruitment team did make soem half ar$ed ham fisted approach for him.

I also think our realistic financially available targets are out there, we're just not very good at recruitment. People go on about this war chest because we have sold a number of players, but there is no evidence  anywhere that any of these funds are available to the manager.

Lampard made a point in one of his pressers that we need to add soem depth to the squad in certain key areas. That we have clearly failed to achieve.

13 minutes ago, WhiteWall said:

So do you also think all of the talk throughout this window has been bollox.

No. I think we did  try and get our number 1 CF target(Dembele) but he is clearly not available until Summer so we tried late to get Cavani/Mertens for a half season on loan. Same with Sancho, not available now, cool lets wait 6 months.

Us, United and Spurs were all trying for a striker but really theres no quality available  this window. 

But in saying that that is more hope on my part as our board leaves a bit to be desired.

Edited by chef
10 hours ago, acidicleo said:

Really disappointed with our board..

Seems like they dont want Lamps to stay beyond this season..

Needed a striker signing badly...

Cant understand the argument wait for the right player till summer..We need to be in the top 4 if we need to get those right players in the summer..!!!

Yes, it's obviously a devious ploy from the board to drive Lampard out. There's already a big name lined up to take over. We should have signed an over the hill overpaid striker, whose club was eager to sell. After all, we know they always hit the ground running chipping in with goals left, right and centre.

Edited by Valerie

If rumours and press are to be believed:

Dembele - The club didn’t want to sell and it probably would have taken near on £60m to get him. Too much.

Cavani - Wanted to go to Madrid. Club also didn’t want to sell.

Piatek - Wanted out and clearly wanted to be first choice. (Something we couldn’t offer him). Hence him dropping down and going to Hertha.

Mertens - Wanted to stay and become club’s top scorer. Club didn’t want to sell.

Tell me who was available apart from Haaland? Who probably didn’t give us a second thought and clearly wants to be first choice and moved to Dortmund to be that. 

The players weren’t there. The club don’t want to buy crap for loads of money again. We move on. 

1 hour ago, chef said:

No. I think we did  try and get our number 1 CF target(Dembele) but he is clearly not available until Summer so we tried late to get Cavani/Mertens for a half season on loan. Same with Sancho, not available now, cool lets wait 6 months.

Us, United and Spurs were all trying for a striker but really theres no quality available  this window. 

But in saying that that is more hope on my part as our board leaves a bit to be desired.

Like everything in life, in you want quality then you have to pay for it and pay what the market dictates.  You want quality players in January, you are going to have to pay for them...something Marina it seems, conveniently forgets.........unless of course its for a pair of Louboutin's