Random Rumours

Thanks for sharing @kiwi1691

Interesting insights but felt a bit too much of a puff piece from club sources for me. For all the apparent brilliance of that system we've ended up with this squad full of holes despite hundreds of millions being invested. Only our youth have saved us this season.

The excusing away of 2017 and Kepa was about where I switched off.

14 hours ago, chiefBlueCFC said:

Please Chelsea, do not loan Coutinho. Barca apparently willing to sell Coutinho for 65M euros, about half what they paid for him, should tell you everything you need to know...

giphy.gif

I just cant see him fitting in with the way we play, he`s obviously a quality player but he`s a youtube player, incredibly inconsistent, disappears  in games far too often then lashes one in from 30 yards and everyone thinks hes brilliant again. 

If we went for Coutinho it suggests to me we won’t go for Sancho. Surely Frank sees Coutinho is wasted at LW and should be played CAM. Thus Ziyech would play RW and take away a starting spot for Sancho. 

This all depends on whether Frank sees Reuben playing AM or further back as well. It’s all abit up in the air.

Coutinho signing doesn’t exactly excite me as we clearly need reinforcements in other positions more and why are two clubs at the top of the game not interested in him? That should tell you all you need to know.

2 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Really don't see where he plays for us. 

He's wasted out wide with his lack of pace and behind the striker we have Mount/Ruben and Ziyech can fill in there when needed.

Ikr his best position is LCM. Either we stop playing a No. 10 to have Kovacic at RCM and Kante as DM

5 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Really don't see where he plays for us. 

He's wasted out wide with his lack of pace and behind the striker we have Mount/Ruben and Ziyech can fill in there when needed.

The only thing I can think if he arrives is that Mount will be squad player next season, Loftus-Cheek will play deeper and Ziyech will play on the wing. One of Kovacic, Jorginho or Kante would be relegated to the bench (or sold) unless Loftus-Cheek doesn't get back to the same levels he was showing before his injury. Barkley would probably be finished with us.

I don't want Coutinho at all, I always seen him as a highlights player. He doesn't perform for 90 minutes, he more often than not only has flashes of brilliance. If he does join, then I really don't want him playing out wide, he's so ineffective out wide.

1 hour ago, Scott Harris said:

The only thing I can think if he arrives is that Mount will be squad player next season, Loftus-Cheek will play deeper and Ziyech will play on the wing. One of Kovacic, Jorginho or Kante would be relegated to the bench (or sold) unless Loftus-Cheek doesn't get back to the same levels he was showing before his injury. Barkley would probably be finished with us.

I don't want Coutinho at all, I always seen him as a highlights player. He doesn't perform for 90 minutes, he more often than not only has flashes of brilliance. If he does join, then I really don't want him playing out wide, he's so ineffective out wide.

Maybe Kante going, after last season or is it still this season, maybe now is the time to sell him?

Edited by chi blue
On 08/04/2020 at 19:04, chiefBlueCFC said:

Please Chelsea, do not loan Coutinho. Barca apparently willing to sell Coutinho for 65M euros, about half what they paid for him, should tell you everything you need to know...

giphy.gif

I think I'm the only one who thinks that bringing coutinho in is actually a good idea. Sure barcelona are willing to lose a lot of money but he had a hard time settling there because well its barcelona... Really high standards. In as much as it hurts to say atm we aren't really challenging for the title and this is a perfect scenario for coutinho. He wont have the pressure that he has been exposed to for the past 2-3 seasons. He will bring with him that creativity u know that we have been lacking so much up front this season. Also if we look at his stats ofc for a player of his quality they are not acceptable but he has 8 goals the whole season in the bundesliga in 15 starts. Our second tgs is mason who has 6 goals in 25 starts. Of course it is a totally different league and a different club but he isn't that bad. We need a replacement for willian and us gambling on a player like CHO could backfire fast. sure Coutinho has been struggling but this may be the revival that his career needs. This is just my opinion on the matter not saying im right. 

Mount and RLC can end up being better than Coutinho if they are played. 

If we thought that getting Eriksen would have been a silly move, this is the same thing essentially, we don't need Coutinho at all. 

We do need a striker along side Abraham, even more so if Giroud leaves.
And if Willian and Pedro leave we will probably need another winger as we would have only 3; Ziyech,Pulisic and CHO.

Another midfielder is the last thing we need, Mount has been one of our most creative players this season, together with Abraham they are our best attacking duo. To disrupt that, it wouldn't be a wise decision specially since the two of them are still growing as players. When Mount isn't in a good form, Barkley can step in, that amazing solo goal vs Liverpool showed that as time passed by he was getting better and better for Lampard.

Edited by Gol15

On 13/04/2020 at 08:23, Sexyfootball said:

On Coutinho ... Barcelona don't want him, Bayern don't want to keep him, and Liverpool don't want him back ...  that's really all you need to know.

Plus he'd be another midget midfielder and we have too many of them already ...

We don't exactly NEED him but he would be nice to have on loan, adds depth and can score goals from range which is something we lack.

Edited by Football Fanatic
On 13/04/2020 at 03:45, Spiller86 said:

Gabriel just named in L'Equipe's French team of the season for what it's worth:

Screenshot_20200413-123951_Twitter.jpg

I completely misread that as L'Équipe's Worst Team of the Season and was completely baffled at the front six.

That said, Renato Sanches did put in the worst individual performance I have ever seen live (I was inexplicably at Wolves vs Swansea for an FA Cup Third Round game - he went off sulking after half an hour). I watched three games that day (two in the pub) and they were all 0-0 - the third was us away to Norwich, I think the first was Leicester vs Fleetwood (there was some buildup about Vardy playing against his former club, but he wasn't even in the squad that day).

4 hours ago, PloKoon13 said:

I completely misread that as L'Équipe's Worst Team of the Season and was completely baffled at the front six.

That said, Renato Sanches did put in the worst individual performance I have ever seen live (I was inexplicably at Wolves vs Swansea for an FA Cup Third Round game - he went off sulking after half an hour). I watched three games that day (two in the pub) and they were all 0-0 - the third was us away to Norwich, I think the first was Leicester vs Fleetwood (there was some buildup about Vardy playing against his former club, but he wasn't even in the squad that day).

Yeah Sanches has been the single biggest example of why you don't buy a player on the back of a good tournament since El Hadji Diouf. Looks to have recovered some of his form at Lille though.

How did his performance that day compare to Bakayoko v Watford? That's probably the worst I can remember. If it was worse than that, then that os saying something.

• 2 weeks later...

What are people's thoughts on the links with Aubameyang, the figure being touted is approximately £50m, For a 30 year old with only 1 year left on his contract & a questionable attitude that seems a little steep.

Having said that this is a signing which will get me excited, I believe he is the best striker in the league & highly versatile, can play any role in the front line. He is the sort of striker that Tammy should be aspiring to replicate and he could learn a lot from him, we could potentially get 2-3 seasons out of Aubameyang at which point I think Tammy would be approaching his peak therefore he wont be hindering his development.