Money

Random Rumours

A few reports out there that we are interested in Layvin Kurzawa, who would be available on a free. If both Alonso and Emerson leave, I think it would be a smart move. Keeps money available for other positions - perhaps even a big money move for a second LB.
Apparently PSG are offering him a new contract for give years so I doubt he'll move. It's an easy life there.

Whats the thoughts on Declan Rice coming back maybe to play at centre back? A few rumours we are interested.
Seems mental. They'd want a fortune and he is unproven as CB. Wouldn't make in into a our midfield either.

He played in midfield v Spurs last week and was by far the best player on pitch, just had total crap around him, never really had an opinion on him as hadn't really seen him play, but certainly caught my eye in this game especially 2nd half, heard he's good at centre back as well.

Apparently since Lamps doesn't rate Jorghinio Juventus are offering either Rabiot or Ramsey as part of a deal. Sounds crap to me. They picked they both up on a free and neither has done much is anything. Rabiot us slightly younger but I get the impression he's trouble and in all honesty we should be getting ride of a midfielder for a defender not bringing in more CMs we don't need!

1 hour ago, TheSocialShark said:

Apparently since Lamps doesn't rate Jorghinio Juventus are offering either Rabiot or Ramsey as part of a deal. Sounds crap to me. They picked they both up on a free and neither has done much is anything. Rabiot us slightly younger but I get the impression he's trouble and in all honesty we should be getting ride of a midfielder for a defender not bringing in more CMs we don't need!

sounds like a crap deal. Only way I would like Jorginho to leave is buy straight transfer. If not, then I will happily keep him.

1 hour ago, driller97 said:

sounds like a crap deal. Only way I would like Jorginho to leave is buy straight transfer. If not, then I will happily keep him.

I'd take De Ligt as a swap

2 hours ago, the special one said:

Report in the Sun we're looking to gazump Liverpool for Thiago Alcantara. 🤣

No thanks, would rather Havertz and Milinkovic-Savic

6 hours ago, driller97 said:

No thanks, would rather Havertz and Milinkovic-Savic

Could you imagine our midfield and attack next season if we have Havertz and Milinkovic-Savic?

Kante - Serjey

Ziyech - Havertz - Pulisic

Werner

Or, if Kante leaves

Serjey - Kovacic

Werner

This team potentially could be incredible......as long as the defence was sorted out at the same time.

1 hour ago, Scott Harris said:

Could you imagine our midfield and attack next season if we have Havertz and Milinkovic-Savic?

Kante - Serjey

Werner

Or, if Kante leaves

Serjey - Kovacic

Werner

This team potentially could be incredible......as long as the defence was sorted out at the same time.

too-much-for-me.jpg

3 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

Kante - Serjey

Werner

Or, if Kante leaves

Serjey - Kovacic

Werner

It is mouth watering!

If we can sign skriniar for the defence, and a cheapish LB like Tagliafico/Telles, then our team is looking VERY good, and arguably one of the best in the world (on paper anyway)

6 minutes ago, evissy said:

Let's just sell all the players that came through our academy. The sole reason this season's been exciting apart from Frankie. 

No need to sell all of them, but its stupid to think these 18-21 year olds are just going to walk into the team because they were good at youth level.

They should grow along with the current senior members and get better and better and eventually they will deserve their spot in the first team.

Even the ones people were begging to be starters last season/earlier this season like RJ, Gilmour and CHO have been poor recently.

Tammy for me, is nowhere near top level and the people who were saying hes going to be another Drogba are far off. He's much closer to Batshuayi than Drogba

I think some on here are seriously overestimating how many moves we will make this window. I expect 2 more signings, 3 at most: another attacker and a defender.

But there’s no way we are buying 5 more players in addition to Ziyech and Werner.

Yes, we have funds. But we would still need to sell a good amount of players - especially if we are going to make crazy moves like buy Havertz AND Milinkovic-Savic AND a center back AND a left back AND another winger.

The problem lies with who we would need to sell. I think we will actually struggle to offload a good amount of the fringe players - they aren’t good enough to illicit interest from top teams who have money to spend and the mid level and bottom teams who would happily buy them have no money.

4 hours ago, evissy said:

Let's just sell all the players that came through our academy. The sole reason this season's been exciting apart from Frankie. 

I don't see anybody saying that. All of our academy players that have broken through will have a place in the squad next season.

2 hours ago, mwblue10 said:

I think some on here are seriously overestimating how many moves we will make this window. I expect 2 more signings, 3 at most: another attacker and a defender.

But there’s no way we are buying 5 more players in addition to Ziyech and Werner.

Yes, we have funds. But we would still need to sell a good amount of players - especially if we are going to make crazy moves like buy Havertz AND Milinkovic-Savic AND a center back AND a left back AND another winger.

The problem lies with who we would need to sell. I think we will actually struggle to offload a good amount of the fringe players - they aren’t good enough to illicit interest from top teams who have money to spend and the mid level and bottom teams who would happily buy them have no money.

You say that, but there seems to be interest in a fair few of our "fringe" players, and a lot are looking like they're moving on.

Also you're forgetting that while a lot of our fringe players won't get massive transfer fees to help us buy more players, but Jorginho and Kante can easily raise 120m between them, and thats probably enough to buy 2-3 players that we need. Even if we only sell 1 thats still enough to cover 1 position for us.

On a yearly basis peoole call for a good clear-out of dead wood and the loan army, and it happens only at a small trickle. Perhaps that will change  now that Lampard is head coach with hopefully a longer future than we're used to from our managers, but any policy change by the club is not something we can take for granted.

2 hours ago, Valerie said:

On a yearly basis peoole call for a good clear-out of dead wood and the loan army, and it happens only at a small trickle. Perhaps that will change  now that Lampard is head coach with hopefully a longer future than we're used to from our managers, but any policy change by the club is not something we can take for granted.

The problem is always in actually finding a buyer for the dead wood ... especially when Marina wants top dollar to recoup original fees paid etc etc.

Is it next season we're only allowed to make 8 loans rather than our customary 30-40 ? That might change things up quite a bit in terms of players leaving permanently ...

No way is Conte selling Skriniar to us. 

Havertz + LB + one of CB/GK (maybe both) is what I'm expecting this window. 

7 hours ago, driller97 said:

You say that, but there seems to be interest in a fair few of our "fringe" players, and a lot are looking like they're moving on.

Also you're forgetting that while a lot of our fringe players won't get massive transfer fees to help us buy more players, but Jorginho and Kante can easily raise 120m between them, and thats probably enough to buy 2-3 players that we need. Even if we only sell 1 thats still enough to cover 1 position for us.

There’s no indication at all that we would be willing to sell Kanté and Jorginho literally is the type of player we will struggle to sell this window.