Random Rumours

On 27/01/2021 at 12:50, manpe said:

Not a rumour, but couldn't find a better thread to post this in (oddly no Oscar thread popped up in search).

Oscar: 'I would like to return to Chelsea to end my career' | Chelsea | The Guardian

Where next? “I don’t think about leaving China,” says the 29-year-old. “There is a great project for me here. But, to end my career, I would like to return to Chelsea. I built a beautiful story there and went to the Premier League very young, at a time when fans did not trust Brazilian players that much. I helped change that. I’ll be a bit older when I try this move again but, as I am playing very well, with good stats, I feel there is still a place for me at Chelsea.”

Guy is delusional if he thinks playing well and having good stats in China means he is good enough for Chelsea, not to mention retire here. Even Drogba, Lampard, Cech and JT weren't allowed to stay long enough to retire here.

I'm interested if there is anybody on here who would consider taking him back? 

f**k no. Was always underwhelmed by Oscar and any player who ducks out to go to China when they should be at their peak - that tells you all you need to know about them.

Nowhere near good enough.

8 hours ago, LongtimerLurker said:

I'd take Oscar back especially if we're shifting Ross. I think Oscar is a better all around midfield since he's willing to put in a shift. Ross is technically sound but I think it would be nice for him and Eden to return one day

No. No. No. No. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, but there's a reason we binned him first time around. 

Another guy with all the tricks and zero end product when it mattered. Was also part of that toxic little Brazilian clique.

It remains Jose's greatest sin (and I include joining United and Spuds in this) that he dumped and then sold Juan Mata to put Oscar in his spot. 

21 hours ago, Nibs said:

f**k no. Was always underwhelmed by Oscar and any player who ducks out to go to China when they should be at their peak - that tells you all you need to know about them.

Nowhere near good enough.

Agree. Had a few good games but was never convincing for us.

22 hours ago, LongtimerLurker said:

When Varane is at his best, he is brilliant, like in the 2018 world cup. But I don't think he is good enough consistently. He's better than Zouma, Rudiger and Christensen though.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this has been posted already but there’s been a few reports linking us with Monaco DM, Aurelien Tchouameni. I don’t know much about him but he reportedly played very well in their recent match against PSG.

On 23/02/2021 at 10:53, dan_cfc said:

Don’t wanna see any more Monaco defensive midfielders at Chelsea 

That makes no sense - so because Bakayoko was awful, that makes every player who comes from Monaco also bad?

Thats like saying you wouldn’t want Salah or Mane because Torres came from Liverpool and was bad.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9306587/Kylian-Mbappe-wants-Eden-Hazards-place-left-Real-Madrids-attack.html

And so we watch on in anticipation to see what happens once/if Mbappe is signed to Real Madrid. I'm still not convinced he's finished after seeing Bale at the weekend it could just be some players bodies aren't cut out for the rigours demands of Real Madrid.

It seems to me Hazard does have a part to play in some of his fitness issues in terms of diet etc but,  some of his injuries have just been bad luck i.e bad tackles. If he's available (at a big discount) let's get him back to our top quality Drs that know his body and can get him fit and firing again.

Again I don't expect him to be available until next year summer once they've given him 3 years but if he's available sooner I'd take him in a heartbeat surely he can offer better than we have right now....or maybe not 😂😂

On 24/02/2021 at 18:41, mwblue10 said:

That makes no sense - so because Bakayoko was awful, that makes every player who comes from Monaco also bad?

Thats like saying you wouldn’t want Salah or Mane because Torres came from Liverpool and was bad.

Was tounge in cheek mate 

On 01/03/2021 at 06:12, LongtimerLurker said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9306587/Kylian-Mbappe-wants-Eden-Hazards-place-left-Real-Madrids-attack.html

And so we watch on in anticipation to see what happens once/if Mbappe is signed to Real Madrid. I'm still not convinced he's finished after seeing Bale at the weekend it could just be some players bodies aren't cut out for the rigours demands of Real Madrid.

It seems to me Hazard does have a part to play in some of his fitness issues in terms of diet etc but,  some of his injuries have just been bad luck i.e bad tackles. If he's available (at a big discount) let's get him back to our top quality Drs that know his body and can get him fit and firing again.

Again I don't expect him to be available until next year summer once they've given him 3 years but if he's available sooner I'd take him in a heartbeat surely he can offer better than we have right now....or maybe not 😂😂

I think he's washed. It's clear that he neglected his body and it is starting to catch up to him. Can it be reversed? Maybe, but I don't want the club taking an expensive chance on a player over 30 when there are a ton of other options available.

• 2 weeks later...

Aguero on a free transfer? If Haaland is unobtainable then he's got to be one of the best options out there. 

If Giroud leaves he'd be a great replacement. Manage his playing time like we've done with Silva and you've got a good goal scorer and experienced pro for the squad. 

On 02/04/2021 at 17:47, enigma said:

Thats the thing that frustrates me with our board. We had the chance to sign Aguero in 2011 and didn't. Now we want to sign him a decade later when he's injury prone and coming to the end of his career. Just irks me. 

I doubt we will sign him, it just stinks of our old transfer policy which I'm hoping is now behind us. To many striker of that profile have been signed and failed to deliver why would he be any different. Not to mention big hitters like Barca, Juve and Psg are interested so let's hope he goes to them instead. In all honesty I hope we don't spend a 100m on a striker this summer, the psychological baggage it places on them and their need to do well will most likely hinder us. 

Deals like Aguero could be ideal but for the right player. Let's hope we take a good look at the market and find someone who can fulfill the hole Costa left since he's the only one since Drogba to fill that void.