Random Rumours

Money

On 02/04/2021 at 17:47, enigma said:

Thats the thing that frustrates me with our board. We had the chance to sign Aguero in 2011 and didn't. Now we want to sign him a decade later when he's injury prone and coming to the end of his career. Just irks me. 

I still don't understand why we were so cautious about signing Aguero. Everybody could see at the time how good he was. We could have easily got him before City did.

19 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

I still don't understand why we were so cautious about signing Aguero. Everybody could see at the time how good he was. We could have easily got him before City did.

I thought it was his astronomical wage demands that put us off, at the time he was wanting more than twice our highest earner and that would have caused a load of contract clauses that were set to match the highest earner. 

5 hours ago, dkw said:

I thought it was his astronomical wage demands that put us off, at the time he was wanting more than twice our highest earner and that would have caused a load of contract clauses that were set to match the highest earner. 

I just thought it was because Roman had his heart set on Torres. I think if we wanted Aguero, we couldve got him at the time. We almost signed Neymar in the summer before, and if we were prepared to pay his wages, im sure we couldve negotiated for Aguero. 

It was strange because he passed the whole 'score against chelsea in the champions league audition', then we didnt end up with him. 

Maybe the whole Torres over Aguero decision, was one that pushed Roman into giving emanalo more control over transfers, the following 3 or 4 windows, we signed alot of younger players rather go for big name stars.

19 hours ago, big blue said:

I just thought it was because Roman had his heart set on Torres. I think if we wanted Aguero, we couldve got him at the time. We almost signed Neymar in the summer before, and if we were prepared to pay his wages, im sure we couldve negotiated for Aguero. 

It was strange because he passed the whole 'score against chelsea in the champions league audition', then we didnt end up with him. 

Maybe the whole Torres over Aguero decision, was one that pushed Roman into giving emanalo more control over transfers, the following 3 or 4 windows, we signed alot of younger players rather go for big name stars.

Torres was a galactico signing at the time. It was too bad that we got a busted hamstring version

On 13/04/2021 at 08:58, Gol15 said:

Rumors say we're looking at Nicolo Barella from Inter as our new midfielder target. 

He is a brilliant midfielder, but it’s Bellingham I want to see at Stamford Bridge. City might be after him after last night’s game though.

Pep Guardiola on 17-year-old Jude Bellingham's performance: "I cannot believe it. Maybe he's a liar! He's so good for a 17-year-old."

On 15/04/2021 at 02:47, ducavis said:

He is a brilliant midfielder, but it’s Bellingham I want to see at Stamford Bridge. City might be after him after last night’s game though.

Pep Guardiola on 17-year-old Jude Bellingham's performance: "I cannot believe it. Maybe he's a liar! He's so good for a 17-year-old."

We’ve been linked with Bellingham this week. Dean Jones of BR reporting it. Would love to have him at Chelsea.

2 hours ago, mwblue10 said:

We’ve been linked with Bellingham this week. Dean Jones of BR reporting it. Would love to have him at Chelsea.

I didn't think he was THAT good, I thought people were overhyping his performance. He was alright, but I didn't see anything that wowed me. Apart from his goal, he didn't do anything that I don't see from the average mid table Premier League player. Yes, he's young, but until I see something to genuinely get excited about, I'm not going to see him as anything more than a decent young footballer.

15 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

I didn't think he was THAT good, I thought people were overhyping his performance. He was alright, but I didn't see anything that wowed me. Apart from his goal, he didn't do anything that I don't see from the average mid table Premier League player. Yes, he's young, but until I see something to genuinely get excited about, I'm not going to see him as anything more than a decent young footballer.

I think there’s a difference between “a decent young footballer” and what Bellingham is as a 17 year old. If he was 19+ years old, then I’d be more prone to agree with you.

12 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

I'd rather give Billy Gilmour or Conor Gallagher a proper chance in our midfield ahead of Bellingham  ...

23 hours ago, mwblue10 said:

I'd rather not. Debut season is just hype. He was just good. Had he burst onto the scene like Mbappe though, then I'd happily support the transfer

8 hours ago, Sexyfootball said:

I'd rather give Billy Gilmour or Conor Gallagher a proper chance in our midfield ahead of Bellingham  ...

Yep. We should always give our own a shot first. 

12 minutes ago, Deino said:

I'd rather not. Debut season is just hype. He was just good. Had he burst onto the scene like Mbappe though, then I'd happily support the transfer

Bit of a high expectation there. 

8 hours ago, Sexyfootball said:

Gilmour certainly has a shot to join the first team on a more regular basis. I would be shocked if Gallagher ever becomes even a rotational player for us.

2 hours ago, TheGreatestGame said:

I am on the Bellingham band wagon. Dortmund is my second favorite team behind Chelsea so I watch them a fair amount. Bellingham is strong, fast and physical. He has the size to stand up to the physical play in the PL. 

Nice to see another topic being discussed. Even if it is only one post, I too would like Bellingham and if DLC can sort his injuries out then I would like to get him from Everton aswel I think with all the wide play and the likes of James smashing in crosses left, right and centre he would be a perfect target man

23 hours ago, TheGreatestGame said:

I am on the Bellingham band wagon. Dortmund is my second favorite team behind Chelsea so I watch them a fair amount. Bellingham is strong, fast and physical. He has the size to stand up to the physical play in the PL. 

👏.. he has what we are missing in our midfield; we don’t have a player to physically dominate teams in the middle of the park, he is also the perfect box to box player. Unlike Kante who has been brilliant, he can pick the final pass and has a end product.

It will be a nightmare if he ends up at Utd as he is the ideal replacement for Pogba.

I realise stats aren't everything, and Whoscored? in particular can be full of holes ... but Bellingham rates a 6.76 average per game on that site, with 10 of his team mates rated better than that, plus in 1424 minutes he has precisely one goal and three assists, which is bang average to be polite, in a league where others are scoring and assisting for fun ... he is 7th just in his team on assists for example.

What am I missing here ?  It's great because he is only 17 ?

On 20/04/2021 at 10:43, Sexyfootball said:

I realise stats aren't everything, and Whoscored? in particular can be full of holes ... but Bellingham rates a 6.76 average per game on that site, with 10 of his team mates rated better than that, plus in 1424 minutes he has precisely one goal and three assists, which is bang average to be polite, in a league where others are scoring and assisting for fun ... he is 7th just in his team on assists for example.

What am I missing here ?  It's great because he is only 17 ?

Yeah the fact that he’s only 17 is what has me on board.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm glad the club tried to enquire about Matthijs De Ligt. That's a quality CB at 21 years of age, plenty of time to grow.

It's just too bad Juventus rejected it. They are on a downward spiral and don't even realize it

7 hours ago, Deino said:

I'm glad the club tried to enquire about Matthijs De Ligt. That's a quality CB at 21 years of age, plenty of time to grow.

It's just too bad Juventus rejected it. They are on a downward spiral and don't even realize it

Would they be financially pressured to make some sales if they miss out on the CL, like other Italian teams?

12 hours ago, mwblue10 said:

Would they be financially pressured to make some sales if they miss out on the CL, like other Italian teams?

Most certainly. It was stupid of them to get Ronaldo on high wages and spending crazy amounts when they're almost skint.

Talks of them trying to secure Donnarumma is also crazy imo without CL money.

Rumours that Leicester are in for Boubakary Soumare. Can't say I've seen much of him this season but he was pretty decent the season before and we were linked with him. His price appears to have dropped dramatically to £21M from about £50M if I remember rightly. Obviously, they don't have to pay the Chelsea premium haha.

6 hours ago, Frawdulant said:

Rumours that Leicester are in for Boubakary Soumare. Can't say I've seen much of him this season but he was pretty decent the season before and we were linked with him. His price appears to have dropped dramatically to £21M from about £50M if I remember rightly. Obviously, they don't have to pay the Chelsea premium haha.

Leicester likes to do smart business though. The season after an up-and-comer breaks out, they tend to fade a bit thus lowering the asking price and that's when Leicester swoops in.

They did it with a lot of ther current players like Soyuncu and Tielemans. That being said, they are not exactly that crazy about winning trophies so those players can take their time whilst ours need to hit the ground running