Random Rumours

Money

11 minutes ago, PloKoon13 said:

Sergio Romero has been released by Man Utd. This is completely dependent on what we end up doing with Kepa, but Romero is a keeper I've always thought was half decent - worth a punt as backup?

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-united-transfers-sergio-romero-20756717

Might be a decent pick like Martinez considering Mensu might be away for 2mths at AFCON

2 minutes ago, ducavis said:

Might be a decent pick like Martinez considering Mensu might be away for 2mths at AFCON

At least it will [in theory] be the last time, considering they intend on moving future AFCONs to the summer.

Generally speaking, the signings that work out well are the £30-50m signings. Alot of the £100m signings have flopped. 

We did really well last year to sign young hungry players. I hope we don’t go money crazy. 

1 hour ago, JM7 said:

Generally speaking, the signings that work out well are the £30-50m signings. Alot of the £100m signings have flopped. 

We did really well last year to sign young hungry players. I hope we don’t go money crazy. 

Is that not maybe because there is more signings at £30m to £50m, than there is £100m+? 

https://www.goal.com/en-us/news/the-100-most-expensive-football-transfers-of-all-time/ikr3oojohla51fh9adq3qkwpu

Thats the top 100, not accounting for inflation. I would say theres as many hits and misses at the top, as there is at the bottom of that list. 

Hopefully if we do get Haaland, we get a massive hit, because we have burnt alot of times in the past. We are definitely due a major transfer success.  

If we got Haaland I could see us getting Hakimi (spelling) for better distribution down the right. If Ziyech and CHO go then I would see another right winger joining us,

If we don't get Haaland, I could see us getting Rice, someone like Ings, and again if Ziyech and CHO go then I would see another right winger joining us.

Just thinking with Haaland we might offer something like Tammy, CHO and £60m.

So many moving parts and if Pulisic ups tools something else will change too.

26 minutes ago, dkw said:

For anyone who claims these twitter ITK'S are great, this is what they are, absolute scammers..

By all accounts it was as good as done him going Barca but PSG have apparently swooped in, doubled the wages on offer and just blown Barca out of the water. 

As he is a free agent he was free to change his mind because he hadn't put pen to paper on the Barca contract yet. 

That's not to say I don't agree about ITK accounts though. 

1 hour ago, dkw said:

For anyone who claims these twitter ITK'S are great, this is what they are, absolute scammers..

He is a journalist who reports what he hears. There are loads of times when transfers are close and dont happen. People change their mind, might go somewhere else for more money etc. I wouldnt say he is an ITK account. He is like matt law, he has plenty of connections, because thats his job. I dont think he is one of those Journos that just spew random nonsense for clicks, what he says has substance. Im sure if Wijnaldum releases an autobiography when hangs his boots up, he will say himself he was close to signing for Barca. 

Its pretty obvious which journalist and accounts to listen to and which is clickbait. 

Declan Rice, Declan Rice, Declan Rice pah! Everyone rates him. He can play but I don't like him as a man. I don't like turn coats.

He chose to play for the Republic of Ireland first then England start sniffing and then it's all Three Lions. This forum is full of people who if they could play could be picked through birth or heritage to play for more than one country. Surely you wouldn't pick a country only because you don't think you're good enough for another. Pick from the heart and stick to it. Rant over, Erin Go Bragh.

On 08/06/2021 at 13:53, PloKoon13 said:

Sergio Romero has been released by Man Utd. This is completely dependent on what we end up doing with Kepa, but Romero is a keeper I've always thought was half decent - worth a punt as backup?

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-united-transfers-sergio-romero-20756717

He's a very good 2nd keeper

On 08/06/2021 at 20:23, Sindre said:

Someone like Matt Law was zeroed in on pretty much everyone we were after last summer. So there are definitly some good ones with proper sources.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/06/04/timo-werner-agrees-join-chelsea/

For example this two weeks before it was announced by the club. 

Yup, Matt Law and Fabrizio are the most reliable sources for me.

Then you have Simon Phillips, DiMarzio, Forjoft etc who are also reliable but not top tier for me.

Chelsea has to sell some players to make some funds to make some transfers. We already sold Tomori to AC Milan for 28 Millions.

I wish we sell Kepa, one of Emerson/Alonso & many players who are currently on loan: Bakayoko, Batshuayi, Barkley, Zappacosta, Ampadu, Miazga, Sarr, Kennedy, Baker etc. They will never play for Chelsea anyway, they aren't as talented or good as KDB, Salah or Lukaku were who's sales were big mistake by Chelsea. And Kepa isn't even good as Mendy also needs to be sold.

Edited by oscar9992

On 10/06/2021 at 23:09, oscar9992 said:

Chelsea has to sell some players to make some funds to make some transfers. We already sold Tomori to AC Milan for 28 Millions.

I wish we sell Kepa, one of Emerson/Alonso & many players who are currently on loan: Bakayoko, Batshuayi, Barkley, Zappacosta, Ampadu, Miazga, Sarr, Kennedy, Baker etc. They will never play for Chelsea anyway, they aren't as talented or good as KDB, Salah or Lukaku were who's sales were big mistake by Chelsea. And Kepa isn't even good as Mendy also needs to be sold.

Sources tell Crystal Palace willing to pay 15 million pounds for Chelsea's Conor Gallagher

On 10/06/2021 at 23:09, oscar9992 said:

Sources tell Lazio wants Chelsea's Loftus-Cheek, Kepa & Marcos Alonso. Someone just give Lazio 100 Million Euros somehow! 😜

Edited by oscar9992

Personally I think both Gallagher and Ampadu should be involved with the first team for at least the first half of the season. 

Allow TT a good look at them and to decide whether he feels they are good enough to remain squad players, have potential but need more loan time, or are just not likely to arrive e at the level we need and should sell them.

Ampadu gives us a cover for Jorgi, and an option in the back 3 as well having played for shelf United in both positions and also fro Wales as well in both.

Gallagher gives us a box to box midfielder to learn from, and gives breaks to, both Kante and Kovacic.

Far as the Lazio rumours go, Alonso gets linked with Seria a sides every summer, nothing ever happens. Kepa is too expensive even in wages for Lazio and RLC may well happen but only on loan imo. 

1 hour ago, Valerie said:

Sarri must have better memories of Kepa than we thought. Or no memory at all.

Kepa had a decent season under Sarri. It was the following season when it all went titts up for him.