Random Rumours

Money

1 hour ago, LongtimerLurker said:

I think we'll go into the season with Broja, Abraham, Werner & Havertz as our striking options. 

I think we'll probably make two signings a cb and either a midfielder or a player that can play multiple positions. It seems Kounde will be the cb and maybe if we can convince the hammers we sign Rice for £70m with add ons 

Not with Chelsea saying they will listen o offers for TA, all over SSN btw

1 hour ago, Ballack & Blu said:

Not with Chelsea saying they will listen o offers for TA, all over SSN btw

Do we honestly believe anything sky sports says though? According to them a bid for Haaland is right round the corner let alone when we were apparently agreeing contract terms with Hakimi and looked 'likely to sign him'.

I don't really believe anything online unless its from a few proven journalists. As far as the media go they will run any story for clicks and views.

If Tammy is to leave its most likely because he wants to not because of the club. It will be more likely a search for more regular minutes.

• 2 weeks later...

With RLC not in the 26 man squad for the Super Cup, despite us only having Kovacic, Kante and Jorginho for that position, with the latter not having had a single minute of game time in Pre Season, surely we are going to buy another CM.

Any credible rumours on that front? 

53 minutes ago, True Blue23 said:

With RLC not in the 26 man squad for the Super Cup, despite us only having Kovacic, Kante and Jorginho for that position, with the latter not having had a single minute of game time in Pre Season, surely we are going to buy another CM.

Hopefully it means we have a buyer lined up and he will be on his way soon. He needs somewhere to be a main player to rebuild himself imo.

2 hours ago, True Blue23 said:

Also no, no solid or even small links to a midfielder.

I believe that is in part due to Lukaku being the priority and thar our main target, Rice, we are jsut about ready to give up on.

4 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Also no, no solid or even small links to a midfielder.

I believe that is in part due to Lukaku being the priority and thar our main target, Rice, we are jsut about ready to give up on.

Yes, but Rice in addition to Lukaku and Kounde would be quite a lot of money spent. Also I don't think we need a player of that calibre. With Kante, Kovacic and Jorginho to compete with, whichever player we get is going to have a hard time seeing a lot of playing time.

On RLC: I'd be very sad to see him go as he's been my favorite player since he was playing for our Reserves, but you're probably right. And who knows, maybe we buy him back for 115 million in a couple years 😂

7 hours ago, True Blue23 said:

Yes, but Rice in addition to Lukaku and Kounde would be quite a lot of money spent. Also I don't think we need a player of that calibre. With Kante, Kovacic and Jorginho to compete with, whichever player we get is going to have a hard time seeing a lot of playing time.

On RLC: I'd be very sad to see him go as he's been my favorite player since he was playing for our Reserves, but you're probably right. And who knows, maybe we buy him back for 115 million in a couple years 😂

Franck Kessie. AC Milan

3 hours ago, evissy said:

This has surfaced a couple of times in the last few days. 

He is highly rated at Barca and already made 14 appearances in La Liga, won’t be surprised if we fast track him into the first team as we are reported to be offering him £80k/pw to lure him.

3 minutes ago, Backbiter said:

Possibly the weirdest rumour I've ever seen:

"Chelsea are now looking to offload Chelsea for the upcoming season and Valencia are understood to have registered their interest in a loan deal."

https://metro.co.uk/2021/08/09/thomas-tuchel-orders-chelsea-board-not-to-sell-academy-star-at-any-cost-15061284/amp/

I wonder if we are using this situation to make Sevilla think we aren't desperate for Kounde?

49 minutes ago, PraetorianGuard said:

Might be worth a look? Left-footed CB available at a reasonable price.

City were rumored to be after him as well.

Same thing happened with Kounde. Spurs had offered accepted, he turned them down, we came in but price shot up.

Same could happen  here. Torres and Kounde could make a good back 2 or part of a back 3 with many years on their sides though. Worth considering.

4 hours ago, PraetorianGuard said:

Might be worth a look? Left-footed CB available at a reasonable price.

I like Torres. Has the height advantage over kounde. But he’s quite a classy methodical player who reads game well. Kounde seems more of the get stuck in type. Pros and cons of each

[Joris Crolbois/RMC Sport - On Pape Sarr] - First discussions between Metz and English clubs. Bernard Serin met with representatives of both Manchester clubs and Chelsea . No Real Madrid in the race. Beginning of negotiations around 30M not 40M and loan in the wake to Metz for the season.

Not really a rumor but Rennes just bought a 14m defensive midfielder - I wonder if Camavinga will transfer this season already; quite likely imho. I doubt we're after him but that could lead to quite some shifting around in the DM market.

oh..just noticed that Bakayoko is linked to Rennes as well.

Edited by weetee

It seems we are being linked with Saul Niguez again and sincerely I will really like it. I really want to see more from us offensively. It feels that we just play at the back, and we don't go forward much. And when we want to go forward, it's like we use our wingbacks, and I don't think crosses are effective everytime to score goals.

Personally, I will like see more from our wingers like Havertz, Pulisic and Ziyech. I feel football has witnessed great wingers in the past. The way we have seen players like Hazard and Willian play for us in the past. The way Robben and Joe Cole have played for us in the past, the way we are seeing Neymar and Mbappe at PSG now, the way we are seeing Mahrez and Sterling at City, the way we saw Ronaldo and Giggs at Man Utd, the way we are going to see Rashford and Sancho for them, and the way we saw Lorenzo Insigne for Italy at Euro 2020. I like the wonder goal he scored and i like to see such wonder goals at Chelsea.

I really love wing plays, and I feel wingers will perform better if they have midfielders who can give them the ball. I have not been completely convinced by Kovacic. Yes, I think he does some  things but I need a player who can supply our attackers better and who  will be a threat going forward too. A player who can play shots and score long range shots. Personally, I don't like Jorginho, so I won't talk about him. 

So, I feel we need another central midfielder to play with Kante. And the midfielder must be able to assist the defense and also, must be good going forward. He must be able to score from the midfield, be able to join the attack when we are going forward, and be able to give passes to the attackers for us to score goals.

If Saul Niguez can do all these, then why not? We can get him. Or we can get any player who can do all these, then we will be ok.

I like to see a lot of turning defense into attack from us. Going from defense and using our central midfielders to start attack and giving the attackers the ball to score goals. I feel that is the quality of a great team and it is when we have the right player in the Midfield that we can do that.

I like to see a lot of transitions from us. We need to be able to start an attack from the back and score goals. I don't think we've been doing that. And I feel when we start doing that, it will really be easy for our attackers to score goals, it will really be easy for them to score more goals.

Edited by hephzibah

Attackers depend on the defense and the midfield to perform well. So the team must have a good defense and a good midfield. When you give the attackers the ball very well, then they will be able to score very well.

The defenders should not be afraid to go forward, to give the ball to the midfielders, and the midfielders should not be afraid to go forward to give the ball to the attackers so that the attackers can score goals. By so doing, we will be able to give better assists to the attackers to score goals.

We have to improve on playing from the back, giving the ball to the attackers to score goals.