Random Rumours

Money

14 hours ago, Ballack & Blu said:

Watching Adama Traore, makes Essien look anorexic, players literally bouncing off this Hulkster, lol

He has a horrible first touch, plus he tends to disappear for periods of time during games. I don't see how he fits on the Chelsea roster. 

6 hours ago, icecoolguy22 said:

Can't see much point in loan out CHO to Dortumound, unless it's a sub plot to sign one of their star player. Traore is awesome running at people, if only his end product it's only 1/2 as good as his running

For me, at least some of the thinking would be to curry favour for a potential 2021/22 season deal for Jude Bellingham. I think Haaland is a dead duck due to his choice of agent.

Personally, I'd sell CHO with a buy back clause ... he's turning into RLC Mk 2 as it stands ...

3 hours ago, charierre said:

Adama Traore linked again to us

He looked good yesterday. Potential to be a very good player. Incredible pace and power but he needs to improve his delivery. Reminds me a little of Gronkjaer in that respect.

27 minutes ago, forbzy said:

He looked good yesterday. Potential to be a very good player. Incredible pace and power but he needs to improve his delivery. Reminds me a little of Gronkjaer in that respect.

Or like most other quick players…brain two steps behind legs.

Edited by charierre

I think somebody else already touched upon it, but what about Ndombele. He wants to leave Spurs and they are happy to let him go. He's very talented, I feel he would make a good option. Not sure he wants to join as he would be a very clear cut 4th choice, at least at the start.

6 minutes ago, True Blue23 said:

I think somebody else already touched upon it, but what about Ndombele. He wants to leave Spurs and they are happy to let him go. He's very talented, I feel he would make a good option. Not sure he wants to join as he would be a very clear cut 4th choice, at least at the start.

If that's the alternative, I'd rather give Ampadu a go. Last season wasn't good, but he played in a malfunctioning team and at least got quite a bit of experience

I don't think we need to be in a massive rush to sign anyone.  We addressed the main area of concern by adding Lukaku.  I think we've enough depth to be able to compete again.

I know the CB situation with Zouma gone and Kounde maybe not coming in does leave us a little light, and the same is obviously true in the midfield if we don't land Saul on loan.

However, trying to add players into a CL winning squad can upset the balance of the team, and I think TT has worked very well to build a winning group of players with a great camaraderie.  We are also still trying to fit in some players from last seasons window (I also think a number of fans need to remember not every window will be like last seasons) 

I am actually glad we aren't succumbing to the Twitter mentality of "just sign someone!"  Only this window have we got rid of the likes of Bakayoko, Zappacosta, Drinkwater and other players I feel were panic buys molded from the "just sign some players" mentality.  I think Ampadu, Chalobah, and RLC give us enough depth and I trust Tuchel to integrate them as needed 

21 hours ago, forbzy said:

He's always had potential to be a good player, but the problem is that he never delivers. So much pace and power, but if there is no end product, then whats the point?

2 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Wow 2 years later and Atletico are getting Greizmann back for nearly a third of what they sold him for. Shesh, part of why they pushes Saul out.

Hey @trensawhat is this about Luke De Jong going to Barca, they meet his buyout?

We scamed them haha

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/10/2021 at 21:39, charierre said:

https://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/chelsea-ready-to-splash-out-on-kingstonian-trialist-bryant-akono-bilongo-4388541/

Not often we pick up players from non league clubs these days, good to spread wealth to the lower leagues and possibly a dream come true for the player.

Definitely, wealth is spreading and dreams are coming true! 50,000 is not the kind of money players usually get excited about, but it's a good chance for a young 19-year-old defender.