Money

Random Rumours

Chelsea have sent their representatives to meet Stevan Jovetic in Spain in an attempt to thrash out a deal(Tuttomrcatoweb).

Plan B in case we cant get Hulk (similar player) or Fellaini (similar hair)? Excellent!

I dont think buying too many young players is a good idea considering we have some really promising youngsters in the academy who need to be introduced into the first team sooner or later. If we have one first choice for the right wing (Hulk) and one backup (Sturridge; even Ramires can slot in there), it would be a better idea to promote from within for the third choice.

And I say this for all the positions in the team not just the right wing.

But the youngsters need to be good enough. no point putting them in the team for the sake of it. That wont do us any good.

Thats why i think Josh should go on loan to a championship team next season. Somewhere he will get lots and lots of games. Sending him to Swansea was so pointless, he may have got some games under RDM if he had stayed. But for next season he should go to a team like Blackpool for a season.

Why are they meeting Montenegrin footballer who plays for Fiorentina in Spain?

I follow so little Italian football that I don't have any idea of his quality. He looks like Weird Al Yankovic, which is great.

Would be made up we brought in debuchy and jovetic for under 30 million, that would represent the best summer since Jose came in 05. Maybe modric would be a bridge too far financially but he would certainly be the using on the cake.

Jovetic would be awesome. Plus, once Puyol retires, we would corner the market on big haired players.

Debuchy I am not sure we need. If we're getting rid of Paulo and then loaning out Todd Kane, sure, buy him. But short of that I dont think RB is an area where we need to spend money.

Would love to see us pursue Jovetic instead of Hulk. Far more realistically priced and technically excellent. Liking the look of Miguel Velosos performances in the two group games so far for Portugal.

Edited by bcarroll

Would love to see us pursue Jovetic instead of Hulk. Far more realistically priced and technically excellent. Liking the look of Miguel Velosos performances in the two group games so far for Portugal.

totally agree with both points veloso looks good and i've wanted us to sign jovetic since we were first linked last august.

Veloso is extremely average, I wouldn't touch him with a bar pole if I was you. Manuel Fernandes however is a class player and ten times better than Veloso.

Veloso is extremely average, I wouldn't touch him with a bar pole if I was you. Manuel Fernandes however is a class player and ten times better than Veloso.

Manuel Fernandes has already played in the Premiership. He was alright. I like him well enough as a player but I wouldn't be willing to spend too much on him.

Manuel Fernandes has already played in the Premiership. He was alright. I like him well enough as a player but I wouldn't be willing to spend too much on him.

Was more than alright, did really well considering his age at the time. He's been fantastic and played consistently well for the past 2 and a half seasons. Plays like Romeu (when he was on form) but with a lot more trickery and quicker passing. He's really cocky on the ball, it's great to watch. Does stuff like rainbow flicks over strikers, etc.

He won't cost a penny apart from wages, he's available on a free transfer. Left cause Bekitas didn't pay his wages I believe. Even if that wasn't the case he wouldn't cost much, probably only £10m. I would be seriously disappointed if QPR or Sunderland got him.

Edited by Remodez

Was more than alright, did really well considering his age at the time. He's been fantastic and played consistently well for the past 2 and a half seasons. Plays like Romeu (when he was on form) but with a lot more trickery and quicker passing. He's really cocky on the ball, it's great to watch. Does stuff like rainbow flicks over strikers, etc.

He won't cost a penny apart from wages, he's available on a free transfer. Left cause Bekitas didn't pay his wages I believe. Even if that wasn't the case he wouldn't cost much, probably only £10m. I would be seriously disappointed if QPR or Sunderland got him.

I disagree. He was alright. Offered to Everton and Pompey permanently for a very reasonable fee (12 MP) and they both declined. Fell out of favor at Valencia and is now playing in Turkey. He's got some appealing tools but his play is the exact definition of alright. Even on a free, I'd much rather develop Romeu than pay Fernandes' wages.

They didn't decline, he had some kind of medical issue. I can't remember all the details but all I know is that he failed medicals As for Pompey, they couldn't afford the fee Benfica were asking for, wasn't like they didn't want him. With Valencia, he was a key player then he got injured and was just dropped for reasons I can't recall.

Not his fault he's not had the chance to showcase his talents at high levels, even worse now Besiktas can't play in Europe (Season before last in europe he played really well, was one of their best players). If Bento had called him up to the Portugal squad I'm sure many people would see that he is extremely talented and there would be much more interest. To me he's a lot more than alright, alright to me means a generic player with no standout qualities. Like Henderson. That's far from Fernandes ability, he's got so much to his game.

Fair enough if that's your opinion though.

Although all this is kinda moot, just saw that the Besiktas chairman said he's not looking to sell him which is a shame.

They didn't decline, he had some kind of medical issue. I can't remember all the details but all I know is that he failed medicals As for Pompey, they couldn't afford the fee Benfica were asking for, wasn't like they didn't want him. With Valencia, he was a key player then he got injured and was just dropped for reasons I can't recall.

Not his fault he's not had the chance to showcase his talents at high levels, even worse now Besiktas can't play in Europe (Season before last in europe he played really well, was one of their best players). If Bento had called him up to the Portugal squad I'm sure many people would see that he is extremely talented and there would be much more interest. To me he's a lot more than alright, alright to me means a generic player with no standout qualities. Like Henderson. That's far from Fernandes ability, he's got so much to his game.

Fair enough if that's your opinion though.

Although all this is kinda moot, just saw that the Besiktas chairman said he's not looking to sell him which is a shame.

I'm positive that Everton declined. I believe it was an Italian team that he failed a medical for. Might have been Inter.

tariq panja@tariqpanja

Germany manager Joachim Loew said Roman Abramovich visited his team today and had a long chat with Schweinsteiger about UCL final.

Retweeted by Sid CeleryExpand

Who would like Schweinsteiger at the Bridge? :P Most likely rubbish, with no truth in it, can't stop me thinking of the line-up with him in the team :biggrin: