Vintage Blues pictures and film

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

On 26/05/2020 at 07:47, erskblue said:

Pat Nevin Stock Pictures, Royalty-free Photos & Images - Getty ImagesJoe McLaughlin in action for Chelsea circa October 1984 | Chelsea ...

25th May 1983 Pat Nevin arrived from Clyde for £95,000

26th May 1983 Joe McLaughlin arrived from Greenock Morton for £95,000

And so began our love affair with THAT team, many of us were in our teens then and to think now us old gits in our 50's and still talk about them, and it wasn't because they won loads, a promotion and full members cup, were the grand total. I wonder if the players of THAT team know how fondly we regard them

1 minute ago, chi blue said:

And so began our love affair with THAT team, many of us were in our teens then and to think now us old gits in our 50's and still talk about them, and it wasn't because they won loads, a promotion and full members cup, were the grand total. I wonder if the players of THAT team know how fondly we regard them

Agreed totally and that is a good question.

1 hour ago, chi blue said:

I've been lucky enough to have had a chat with Kerry at a couple of functions here in MK, and Chelsea players from that era really do know how well loved they are.

46 minutes ago, The Rising Sun said:

11698-zoom.jpgsorry about the size sorry about the size !  Another of the  crazy gang who played for us. Thought he was a decent player, although many disagree

Booked about 5 seconds after kick off v Sheff Utd.

We had a few brutes in the early 90s, Cascarino, Wise, Hartford, Peter Nicholas

Edited by Ewell CFC

45 minutes ago, Ewell CFC said:

Remember the 5 second booking, we were in the East Stand v Sheff Utd that day and practically level with the tackle, me my dad and some his mates just looked at each other and thought what the f**k? Vinnie stayed on and played well, if I remember right he missed the home game in quarter final v Sunderland and we missed him, very underated our Vinnie

8 hours ago, Ewell CFC said:

Jones did alright for a while certainly made teams fear us a bit more and yes against Sheffield Utd he got the fastest booking in FA Cup history though lets not forget with us a goal up and the opposition number trying to knock him out Jones ducked and weaved with his hands clearly behind his back, he had a footballing brain.

His goal up at Anfield helped us get our first win up there in decades.

Football technical skill perhaps 6/10 though commitment wise 9.5/10, IMO.

Chelsea players celebrate the winning goal to complete the ...samalladyce hashtag on Twitter19781014.jpg

That comeback game v Bolton at The Bridge.   14th Oct 78.

Top Photo Chelsea players celebrate the winning goal to complete the comeback from 0-3 behind to win 4-3.
 (Photo by Hugh Hastings/Chelsea FC via Getty Images)

bounder.friardale's  match report.
Edited by erskblue