Vintage Blues pictures and film

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

8 hours ago, chi blue said:

Yes a team time forgot, manager was Neal something if l remember correctly? Had a big blonde centre forward, can't remember his name? Was over shadowed a bit by hot shot Dave Mitchell, another couple of names that have slipped my mind are two tiny Scottish lads, one played out wide, looked about 14, the other was a firey little thing, jumped up like Zeppady to head the ball, now what the f**k were their names? Didn't we have sh*t away support that season as well, were lucky to fill a mini bus to some games!! 

Pat Nevin
Think this might be one of the Scottish players you mentioned. This I think is one who played out wide and we signed him from Clyde. Pat Nevin was his name. Wonder what happened to him...

1 hour ago, erskblue said:
Chelsea v Leeds United

Think this is the other Scot you mentioned.  David Speedie.

The time it took me to try and remember him...

I had a really high quality print of that pic, ordered it from the Sun, only cost a couple of quid I think. Had it framed in a nice brushed chrome surround and it looked the nuts. Not got a clue where it is now.

The main reason I bought it is that I'm in there somewhere.

37 minutes ago, Andy North said:

I seem to remember there was a huge crowd that day and it spilling onto the dog track for most of the match.

Andy North. Yeah correct.I’m sure there was a newspaper cutting of that very issue previously posted on here.

2 hours ago, erskblue said:

Tassels and tussles: Leeds captain Billy Bremner tackles Chelsea's Steve Kember during the 1972 clash at Stamford Bridge as Johnny Giles looks on

Billy Bremner tackles Steve Kember in that Aug 1972  4-0 win, as Jonny Giles looks on.

Only two players booked during that match too!

That looks like Don Revie in the background. I've probably said this before but I recall Bremner jumping up in the air fearing Ron Harris was coming in at him from behind. In fact Ron wasn't and the whole stadium howled in laughter at Bremner jumping in fear on the spot. 

9 hours ago, erskblue said:

19720812.jpg

12th August 1972. First League game of 1972/73 and we hammer Leeds 4-0.

Don’t worry I am not going to do a daily thread on past games. Just thought this was worth remembering.

Cuttings from the great bounder.friardale site.

Mentioned it on here before, but this was the first game of my first full season, and the only home game I missed that season. Reason, got dragged away for a week on a caravan site in Camber Sands with my  mum, aunt and two sisters. I started coughing on the drive down there, and by the time we arrived a doctor had to be called out to administer a pretty scary looking injection in my 'arris to ward off a nasty bout of bronchial asthama, and spent most of the rest of the week in bed. Didn't find out the score until the Sunday papers next morning, cheered me up a fair bit though.

59 minutes ago, bluehaze said:

Message Chi Blue he'll sort you out with a tracksuit top 🤣

Ha ha, I read that, and thought I know whose gonna comment next, yes I can do a good tracksuit, Fila, Sergio, ellesse, any colour, only L or XL available