Vintage Blues pictures and film

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

1 hour ago, chi blue said:

Yes remember that Liverpool game, I didn’t go as playing football, my dad went with his mates, and he got home not best pleased, think we were 2 down after about 5 mins? Think we lost to Wimbledon 5-2 a few weeks later or before, wisey was on fire for them

I was in the East Stand for that as well could hear Wisey's shout when he scored clear as day cause Wimbledon had sod all fans to drown it out.

First game I remember listening to second half coverage on Radio 2 as a ten year old. I was really nervous throughout and haven't enjoyed listening to Chelsea ever since. 55,003 for a second division game is outstanding did anyone go did Fulham bring many cause they never used to after 76, Thanks to Chris Mears who posts some great pictures and videos on Twitter.

20 minutes ago, bluehaze said:

First game I remember listening to second half coverage on Radio 2 as a ten year old. I was really nervous throughout and haven't enjoyed listening to Chelsea ever since. 55,003 for a second division game is outstanding did anyone go did Fulham bring many cause they never used to after 76, Thanks to Chris Mears who posts some great pictures and videos on Twitter.

Yeah was at the game. Can't remember what Fulham brought though, was squashed in front of Shed , 

13 hours ago, The Rising Sun said:

Another awful night, think it was at Easter or some bank holiday

InkedCharlton77_LI-4.jpg

Lucky no one was killed at the station afterwards , the crush in the station was really unbearable. Apart from the trouble and  fires on the terraces the gypsy site was attacked and burger van was overturned as it tried to drive off with the occupants inside it, fortunately no one was crushed by the van.

15 hours ago, The Rising Sun said:

Yeah was at the game. Can't remember what Fulham brought though, was squashed in front of Shed , 

I was at the game too, with my Dad, who's now 86. Unbelievable crowd that day - we've never had a bigger once since. Best, Moore and Marsh were playing for Fulham.

That run by David Hay was awesome and would have been an epic goal.

10 hours ago, chi blue said:

Have to say, I don’t remember this game?

It wasn’t show on tv here. This was due to a football and tv dispute that ran for much of 1985/86.

Some games were covered and broadcast abroad. Not sure who was doing the commentary on this game.

I went to the Spuds game at the Bridge, between Christmas and New Year and it was freezing cold.  We played well and much better than in the 4-1 defeat at WHL earlier in the season, and in which Patesy was sent off - that was an 8pm ko if memory serves me right and the walk back to Seven Sisters tube just after 10pm was lively.  We were the stronger team in this match and bossed it, when King Kerry’s header went in the Shed erupted, whitewall, middle and the T bar all went mental as one - epic.  We gave the travelling Spuds plenty of grief as they departed and there was a skirmish at Earls Court later on.  I was living at Woolwich at the time and celebrated with a few pints of London Pride.  Happy days.