Vintage Blues pictures and film

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Yeah not a great season for either us or Carlisle Utd in the ens.

This was the first season I started supporting Chelsea and being taken to Rangers matches in Scotland.

Can you imagine if it was your first season supporting Carlisle Utd as a youngster. Three matches played and your team is top of Division 1 !

I keep an eye out for the Carlisle Utd as my uncles mate played for them in the mid 1970s. He also played for Coventry City, Wolves and Plymouth.

Glad it was Chelsea I chose as my English team as a seven year old bank then!

From the BBC today (regarding 25 years of the Premier League): Thirteen players from outside the UK and Ireland, a crowd of 20,699 at Chelsea, defeats for Manchester United and Arsenal, wins for Coventry City and Sheffield United.

They have to get a snide one in eh? No mention of the following opening day attendances of other clubs:

Man City - 24,471 vs QPR

Arsenal - 24,030 vs Norwich

Spurs - 24,388 vs Coventry

And when we played Villa away a couple of weeks later (Fleck's first goal for those of you who remember)...19,125.

Football attendances were lower then. Yet only Chelsea seem to get criticised for it.