Carshalton Blue

Vintage Blues pictures and film

12 minutes ago, erskblue said:

Wembley 86

Chelsea 5 - 4 Manchester City

Full Members Cup Final 1986 

Same result this Sunday please Chelsea:joy:

What a great day out that was. Yes, a repeat result on Sunday would be brilliant. A mate of mine who is a City fan left the ground with a few minutes to go when we were leading 5-1. He heard a cheer as he was walking away from the ground and thought Chelsea had scored a sixth. Couldn't believe the final score-line. The last few minutes were a bit tense.

23 hours ago, forbzy said:

The bloke in the bottom right of the first picture (with a mustache) looks like a Brummie Chelsea fan who used to be a regular back in those days.

He reminds me a bit of the bloke who used to sell lottery tickets in the steps leading up to the Whitewall- it’s not him but looks similar. 

Edit: Don’t know by Brummie you mean that lot that used to come from Tamworth? ( Kinda near Birmingham)

There were some hard bastards in that group.

Edited by Ewell CFC

34 minutes ago, Ewell CFC said:

He reminds me a bit of the bloke who used to sell lottery tickets in the steps leading up to the Whitewall- it’s not him but looks similar. 

Edit: Don’t know by Brummie you mean that lot that used to come from Tamworth? ( Kinda near Birmingham)

There were some hard bastards in that group.

The bloke I am thinking of wasn't with the Tamworth lot as far as I know and was more mild-mannered. I used to bump into him at lots of different games back in that era, and even ran into him in Greece once.

Thinking of fans from other parts of England there was a decent following that I knew from Stockport which included a few nutters. They used to be regulars when we played away games in the North West. 

I remember a chap that used to sell merchandise just past the tube station on the left, had a stall selling fanzines and t-shirts, like the Chelsea on Tour lock... up your daughter ones. He was naturally big and used to puff his chest out shouting for custom.  He had a bit of a 'quiffed' hair style, one day he forgot all about puffing out his chest and was making some bizarre cowering movements, a wasp had got his attention.

1 hour ago, erskblue said:

Looks like a Shoot magazine Chelsea team picture.

Funny how times have changed, or not so much, remember finishing my paper round on a Saturday and then getting home and reading my shoot magazine, this morning been for a run, now sitting down reading my phone.

9 hours ago, chi blue said:

Funny how times have changed, or not so much, remember finishing my paper round on a Saturday and then getting home and reading my shoot magazine, this morning been for a run, now sitting down reading my phone.

Listening to 'Sport on 2' on Radio 2 and waiting impatiently for the updates on Chelsea .

To be honest it wasn't us that often that was the live second half commentary game when we were in Division 2.

But great when it was our game that was the commentary one..

Now follow us on my phone, when we aren't live on tv.