Vintage Blues pictures and film

Carshalton Blue

That isn't him scoring. He did indeed score twice in the game but one was a half volley in the six yard box (from a corner) and the other was the pen that hit the stauntion.

You're quite right mate! I can remember the penalty but I honestly can't recall his other goal to be honest. It must be selective amnesia! :face_palm:

Have a bit of time on my hands at the moment so have been sorting out my books at home, I have several hundred in three rooms. Whilst sorting out my books found the Chelsea Football Year Book from season 1969-1970. It was given to me some years ago by someone I used to work with. In addition to covering the season and us winning the FA Cup the book also covers our history from 1905-1970. Book was edited by Albert Sewell who worked with Chelsea for many years. He also worked for Match of the Day on the BBC. Some great pictures in the book.

At the back of the book there is a record of our fixtures in the FA Cup. The attendance at the final at Wembley was 100,000 and gate receipts were £128,000. For the replay at Old Trafford the crowd was 62,000 and gate receipts were £88,000. How times have changed when it comes to costs for matches.

I saw this on a site called Transalpino. It's a shop in Liverpool that specializes mainly in retro Adidas trainers. I came across this and it did make me laugh. I was at the game i was 12 years old but didn't see the infamous incident. The main thing i remember was how bloody hot it was. 

Eighties Casuals Ordinary to Chelsea T-Shirt
1f.jpg

£35.00

The first game of the 78/79 season saw Everton fans take one of the worst hidings in their history, as they were ambushed by Chelsea’s mob at Kensington High Street tube station with flares and bats. Outraged Scousers sprayed a call to arms on a walkway wall outside of Liverpool’s Lime Street station, for fans of both major clubs to unite for Liverpool’s trip to Stamford Bridge in the following weeks on the ordinary train as opposed to the football specials usually occupied by ‘Quilts’ to dispense some retribution to the Cockney hordes.

This exclusive Eighties Casuals archive design has been re produced for us to commemorate this land mark recently being knocked down

Edited by Wrote For Luck

• 3 weeks later...

Would loved to have experienced our original east stand.

11219693_1644574795798516_75289938637824

My old man used go in there most games I don't think he ever sat in his seat he used to go in the bar along the back which used to drop their windows and serve through the game there used to be a crowd of them including ex players like Johhny Boyle.

I was lucky enough to go with him a few times spent a lot of time getting autographs from players to Hollywood Superstars great days

Edited by sparkplug

Never went in the old East Stand, but walked under it loads of times. When I was a kid I'd go to the players entrance and get autographs. Used to get quite packed under there after the game.

In the 70/71 season a mob of Tottenham came up the tunnel and started walking slowly across the terrace towards the Shed. Then the Chelsea mob noticed them and it seemed like a solid wall of Chelsea skinheads steamed across at them - the Tottenham legged it back up the tunnel at top speed, with the Shed boys right behind them, great sight. I was about 12 and was stood on the terracing between the East Stand and the Shed, right in the middle of it all, lol.

Never went in the old East Stand, but walked under it loads of times. When I was a kid I'd go to the players entrance and get autographs. Used to get quite packed under there after the game.

In the 70/71 season a mob of Tottenham came up the tunnel and started walking slowly across the terrace towards the Shed. Then the Chelsea mob noticed them and it seemed like a solid wall of Chelsea skinheads steamed across at them - the Tottenham legged it back up the tunnel at top speed, with the Shed boys right behind them, great sight. I was about 12 and was stood on the terracing between the East Stand and the Shed, right in the middle of it all, lol.

I remember that, there was a decent number of them (not enough!). Not that it matters because it happened, but i thought that was in 72?. Also think we won 1-0?.