Carshalton Blue

Vintage Blues pictures and film

Blues v Southampton in the cup 1977. Massive Chelsea support, Osgood playing for Saints.

Cracking goal by Gary Locke (5m10s). He didn't score many! Not seen that goal since that day.

The replay at the Bridge was a real mare, though - lost 3-0.

Blues v Southampton in the cup 1977. Massive Chelsea support, Osgood playing for Saints.

[/size]

One of my first aways and a ground I went to half a dozen times. We went down early on the National Coach from Putney Bridge and then went down to the station where train upon train of Chelsea arrived, we never saw a Saints fan until we got in the ground. It was rammed in the away end that day and the one on one miss by Kenny Swain probably cost us the match as we were all over them.

A few clips of Alan Hudson, plus a lot of stills:

On 51 secs, there's one of the most famous ghost goals of all time. It proves the officials weren't always trying to stitch us up - we were quite popular back then.

Edited by Backbiter

Thank you fantastic-

A few clips of Alan Hudson, plus a lot of stills:

On 51 secs, there's one of the most famous ghost goals of all time. It proves the officials weren't always trying to stitch us up - we were quite popular back then.

John Phillips our keeper v Ipswich ?

I think it is David Webb as Peter Bonetti was injured in the previous game. May be wrong, though,

Edited by Boyne

its dave webb ..mate  played the full game in goal....the cat had gone down with a stomach bug just before kick off...I think john Phillips had gone home to wales for xmas ..

its dave webb ..mate played the full game in goal....the cat had gone down with a stomach bug just before kick off...I think john Phillips had gone home to wales for xmas ..

Steve Sherwood was supposed to drive down from up north somewhere and didn't make it in time!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75ZOl3v49R0

Coming back from 3-0 down to beat Bolton in the final ten minutes.

one of only 3 home wins that season!! This is the season that our current team are being compared to!! Funny thing is without modern tech eg Internet social media and not being on TV every game, the team never got the abuse it gets this season. Graham Wilkins must feel for Ivanovic!!!

good memory Richard p  steve is from the same town as me Selby nr York...came from a real sporting family that's famous here....saw him make his league debut at anfield we lost 3..1....he still lives in the area and is a regular poster on the Selby facebook page....

good memory Richard p steve is from the same town as me Selby nr York...came from a real sporting family that's famous here....saw him make his league debut at anfield we lost 3..1....he still lives in the area and is a regular poster on the Selby facebook page....

I'm in Fulford, so pretty close!!