Vintage Blues pictures and film

Ossie was handed the ban by the FA for being booked 3 times!, he was also given a £150 fine. This was looked upon as being draconian at the time (some may say still is compared to today) but the FA were determined to clamp down on consistent offenders and made an example of Osgood and CFC (nothing changes does it)

In my original post I stated the ban was for six weeks, actually it was eight and the ban only finished two days before the Brugge match    

The tea bar, always reminds me of the milk cup semi v Sunderland, entered the ground via the brittania entrance, absoloutly rammed at the entrance, then got swept along into the ground by the crowd, ended up near the tea bar, then speedie scored after 5mins, never anywhere near the tea bar after that, think the surge took me somewhere near the front!

the good the bad and the ugly.......after the king

Good see Kerry there , never forgive Gordon Durie saying he was homesick but only travel to North London,

With Robert Fleck we chase him for a couple of years and when he did arrive was a complete failure .

I can remember when Tommy Langley join QPR and scored against us give the V,Sign to the fans 

Didn't recognise the hut in the picture. When I stood in the shed, use to walk round the back of the shed and the tea bar was inside under cover. Stopped going in the shed 82/83

I do ..........loved watching Chelsea from the Tea Bar .............and I remember the Hut well ........and the owners who sold out of sell by date crisps and wagon wheels .......must have made a fortune ..decent Bovril though

Remember when I use to turn into the forecourt behind the shed, and the east stand would loom over you like some kind of huge space ship, it was vast compared to the rest of the stadium. One time sat at the top of the east stand with my old man, it was 83, we nearly got relegated to div 3 and QPR were going up, my old man got into heated discussion with some QPR fans sitting behind us, when game finished we lost 2-0, and as we came down steps into the concourse, gate 13 came surging out doing knees up mother brown, the QPR fans(about 5 of them) shot off like usain bolt! For the record it was easter Saturday and QPR were going up, they barely filled one pen of the north terrace!

I was at that game with a mate in the shed who got very emotional afterwards as he thought we had gone for sure. If memory serves Chelsea were terrible and QPR cruised to victory. I think El Tel was their coach then.I remember thinking Steve Wickes was the slowest player I'd ever seen.

Edited by kennypaul