Vintage Blues pictures and film

12 hours ago, Carshalton Blue said:

Chelsea at Brighton 1983

IMG-20170202-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20170202-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20170202-WA0002.jpg

I was 14 at time, and remember coming into school Monday morning, and Brighton being the local team many at school had been to the game, they had some tales to tell, being chased out of Brighton's north stand, being chased up the old Shoreham road by Chelsea, diagrams were drawn during lesson time of where Chelsea were in the ground, the general consensus was they were every f**king where!!! Numbers were estimated between 8 to 10k in a crowd of 25k, being one of the few Chelsea in school, and going to the bridge with my dad in those days, i have to say I lapped it up, it was the game that turned everything round for me at school, no more silly little Brighton mates taking piss anymore, we went up that season and never looked back, must admit though, hope Brighton go up this season

19 hours ago, chi blue said:

I was 14 at time, and remember coming into school Monday morning, and Brighton being the local team many at school had been to the game, they had some tales to tell, being chased out of Brighton's north stand, being chased up the old Shoreham road by Chelsea, diagrams were drawn during lesson time of where Chelsea were in the ground, the general consensus was they were every f**king where!!! Numbers were estimated between 8 to 10k in a crowd of 25k, being one of the few Chelsea in school, and going to the bridge with my dad in those days, i have to say I lapped it up, it was the game that turned everything round for me at school, no more silly little Brighton mates taking piss anymore, we went up that season and never looked back, must admit though, hope Brighton go up this season

Was at that game too. Had tickets but still a nightmare getting in as so many had travelled there.

we were in a pub near the ground soon after it opened. Absolutely jammed with Chels.

Recall seeing a certain gent from Tunbridge Wells and his mates enjoying themselves inside the ground too

On ‎06‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 09:18, Boyne said:

In the first game of the season 2010-2011 (the first one after the World Cup in 2010) someone had a vu vul zela in the MHU, After playing it once, the chant went up: "you can stick your vu vul zela up your arse." And that was the last we heard it.

What you heard it coming out of his arse?

On ‎07‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 22:59, fitz said:

The 1922 FA Cup Final between Huddersfield and Preston North End was played at Stamford Bridge. Dubbed 'The War of The Roses' because of the Lancashire V Yorkshire connection. Huddersfield won 1-0.

air_zpswnexvnd8.png

Attendance of 53,000 . Looks far more than that.

Huddersfield first and only FA Cup win. So far...

First FACup Final to be decided by a penalty.

Preston keeper James Mitchell was the first and so far only player to wear spectacles in an FA Cup Final.

The third FA Cup Final in a row to be played at The Bridge.

1923 saw Finals played at Wembley.

On 03/02/2017 at 18:49, Boyne said:

Image may contain: one or more people and outdoor

Proper Chelsea! My era, remember that photo as if yesterday, jonny Neal's blue and White army, Dixon, Nevin, speedie, the shed, the benches, gate 13, the dog track, east stand towering over the ground, Pringle jumpers, promotion, full members cup final, milk cup semi v Sunderland, uncle ken, we didn't win what the y*ds and gooners won in those days, but something about us made them very envious! As I'm writing this the Italian job theme tune has come on radio, matt Monroe "on days like these" very appt I feel?

12 hours ago, chi blue said:

Proper Chelsea! My era, remember that photo as if yesterday, jonny Neal's blue and White army, Dixon, Nevin, speedie, the shed, the benches, gate 13, the dog track, east stand towering over the ground, Pringle jumpers, promotion, full members cup final, milk cup semi v Sunderland, uncle ken, we didn't win what the y*ds and gooners won in those days, but something about us made them very envious! As I'm writing this the Italian job theme tune has come on radio, matt Monroe "on days like these" very appt I feel?

Also my favorite era all the great away games and that first win against Derby after we signed Dixon ,Nevin ,Spackman Under John Neil & Ian McNeil  

FA Amateur Cup Final of 1946.

Barnet beat Bishop Auckland 3-2 in front of 53832 spectators.

The Bridge hosted the Amateur Cup Final on four occasions.

1907, 1935,1946 and 1948.

It was played at Wembley from the late 1940s.

1951-1955 saw 100,000 attendances at these Finals.

Last Final was played in 1974.

Googled these facts. Confess to knowing virtually nothing about this tournament until I did.