Vintage Blues pictures and film

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 09:31, bluehaze said:

This is interesting a baseball match between the US army and navy in 1917. Is the open end the Shed ?. When was the roof put on the Shed just after the second world war?. As I recall it was put up for cover for the bookies when the dog racing was on.

large_000000.jpg?action=d&cat=photographs

An unusual picture of The Bridge.

How many goals did we score with a long flat goal kick from Eddie, a flick header beyond the back four by Speedie, for Dixon to go through one on one with the keeper...

Often  Speedie would start his run for a goal kick header pretty much on the touch line, and have the better of centre half’s a head taller than him. For his size he was incredible in the air. 

Edited by Ewell CFC
7 minutes ago, erskblue said:

What a picture.

A mixture of Archibald Leitch and non Archibald Leitch designed terracing barriers.

The Archibald Leitch designed ones are the 'V shaped' Stanchions, which hold the top barrier.

The nearest one in the picture above.

@erskblueThanks for posting about the Leitch designed stanchions, I hadn't realised that. He designed some great stands etc. One of my favourites is the Main Stand at Ibrox. Found this  article about Leitch.

https://www.gersnet.co.uk/index.php/online-museum/history-articles/510-archibald-leitch-engineering-archie-the-designer-of-ibrox

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 09:31, bluehaze said:

This is interesting a baseball match between the US army and navy in 1917. Is the open end the Shed ?. When was the roof put on the Shed just after the second world war?. As I recall it was put up for cover for the bookies when the dog racing was on.

large_000000.jpg?action=d&cat=photographs

Sorry to post this again .

Just noticed the covered open enclosure half way up the terracing !

Is that a VIP area ?