Vintage Blues pictures and film

I found these while looking through the link erskblue posted,

I had the same silk scarf the woman is wearing, i've still got all my scarfs ect but cant remember if i still have that one i'll have to have a look sometime.

chelsea+fans+family.jpg

chelsea+FANS.jpg

Cracking pictures. The days when it cost £2 to get in.

Edited by erskblue

http://www.chelseafc...1336745,00.html

I really like this article and pictures from official site on 1970 FA Cup Final vicory over Leeds Utd.

Lovely colour picture of Ossie after his equaliser and my favourite ever goal celebration if you can call it that, more like a prayer. No silly dancing, finger to the lips, cupping ears or T shirt slogan sh*t in those days. Houseman's in the first match is plain and simple too.

Edited by Peckham Blue

Lovely colour picture of Ossie after his equaliser and my favourite ever goal celebration if you can call it that, more like a prayer. No silly dancing, finger to the lips, cupping ears or T shirt slogan sh*t in those days. Houseman's in the first match is plain and simple too.

Yeah agreed. Simple celebration. Different game back then.

I dunno how many times I've read that article.

[media=]

[/media]

Just found/seen this from Oct 1966 on 1970 FA Cup Final youtube bit

Dunno if posted before.

Love seeing that clip, apart from the scoreline it was an interesting game from Chelsea's point of view.

- It was Tommy Baldwin's Chelsea debut, in which he scored.

- It was Peter Osgood's last league game for ten months, he had his leg broken at Blackpool four days after this match.

- Chelsea played in red shirts and black shorts, glad the clip wasn't in colour.

- A rare goal by Joe Kirkup

Had to laugh at 'hard-man' Mike Summerbee having a go at Eddie McCreadie - he picked on the wrong one there, Eddie Mac was never going to back down.

Peter Osgood's goal celebration was superb, giving a healthy V-sign to the Kippax after they'd been chanting 'Osgood, No Good'.

No doubt in my mind, football was far better in those days.

Love seeing that clip, apart from the scoreline it was an interesting game from Chelsea's point of view.

- It was Tommy Baldwin's Chelsea debut, in which he scored.

- It was Peter Osgood's last league game for ten months, he had his leg broken at Blackpool four days after this match.

- Chelsea played in red shirts and black shorts, glad the clip wasn't in colour.

- A rare goal by Joe Kirkup

Had to laugh at 'hard-man' Mike Summerbee having a go at Eddie McCreadie - he picked on the wrong one there, Eddie Mac was never going to back down.

Peter Osgood's goal celebration was superb, giving a healthy V-sign to the Kippax after they'd been chanting 'Osgood, No Good'.

No doubt in my mind, football was far better in those days.

Never knew we'd ever played ina red and black away strip.

Learning day right enough so cheers.

Bet you enjoyed us beating them in a Cup Semi Final :biggrin:

I can think of worse outcomes mate, mustn't grumble. Still got the silk scarf I bought that night as well, yellow, no writing on it just the lion and stars repeated all over it.