Carshalton Blue

Vintage Blues pictures and film

On ‎25‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 23:08, bluehaze said:

Probably the best picture of the Shed I've ever seen. Think it must have been a pre season open day. Looks like a guy is wearing the 89 away shirt (almost dead centre).

Good shout

Cheers mate. Really wasn't sure

On ‎25‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 17:22, Boyne said:

FB_IMG_1561479637177.jpg

Looks like two different terracing barriers in the sectioned off area.

The ones shaped like an 'A' were designed by Archibald Leitch, who designed Stamford Bridge and many other football stadia in the early 20th century.

I posted the 5 a side pic and the Rising Sun one recently Boyne the Rising Sun one is from a good website but unfortunately I can't remember it's name I'll try and find out. I think it was a London website it has a lot of pictures of the North End Road and the Fulham Road.

Edited by bluehaze

On 21/06/2019 at 12:57, erskblue said:

Chelsea 6 -0 Newcastle

Sat, 25th Oct 1980

Our scorers: Colin Lee with a hat-trick In the 15th, 46th and 86th mins respectively.

Our other scorers were: Mike, Fillery 34th, Clive Walker 43rd and Gary Chivers 51st mins,

In front of 22,916

One of my favourite old stamford bridge photos...the old scoreboard, north stand terraces,  great old umbro kit and the Empress Building looming over proceedings (spent many a moment staring up at that mysterious blue and white building wondering what it was...I now know it was a police intelligence headquarters....wernt keeping much of an eye on Stamford Bridge at that time that's for sure....

4 hours ago, erskblue said:

Looks like two different terracing barriers in the sectioned off area.

The ones shaped like an 'A' were designed by Archibald Leitch, who designed Stamford Bridge and many other football stadia in the early 20th century.

Interesting to see how far back that terracing went, that bit behind the floodlight base and the hut was well overgrown by then. I know some people were allowed to stand there (in that section) for the Boro playoff game

2 minutes ago, fillerywhereru said:

One of my favourite old stamford bridge photos...the old scoreboard, north stand terraces,  great old umbro kit and the Empress Building looming over proceedings (spent many a moment staring up at that mysterious blue and white building wondering what it was...I now know it was a police intelligence headquarters....wernt keeping much of an eye on Stamford Bridge at that time that's for sure....

I’m back in Wandsworth now- can see the Empress State clearly from my balcony. Bought a short ladder to get me on the flat roof above- thought I might be able to see the Bridge but no joy.

Briefly worked on its refurbishment 20 odd years ago- terrific views from the top.

2 minutes ago, fillerywhereru said:

I’m back in Wandsworth now- can see the Empress State clearly from my balcony. Bought a short ladder to get me on the flat roof above- thought I might be able to see the Bridge but no joy.

Briefly worked on its refurbishment 20 odd years ago- terrific views from the top.

Just now, Ewell CFC said:

I don't get across much these days living abroad but when I do i meet my mates either in the North End Rd or Lillie Rd so come out of west Brompton and walk right past it. It's funny how a building can make you feel so nostalgic

1 hour ago, Ewell CFC said:

Was about to ask what you were nicked for, then saw the comment about ladders and balconies and realised HMP doesn’t have those ?

1 hour ago, Shug said:

Was about to ask what you were nicked for, then saw the comment about ladders and balconies and realised HMP doesn’t have those ?

Haha. By ladder I mean knotted sheets.

You could see the old “ topping shed” at HMP Wanno from my grandparents.

Hanging was abolished long before then but they kept the thing standing probably just to annoy the convicts

6 hours ago, erskblue said:

Image result for archibald leitch stamford bridge Early 1980s ? The players on the pitch ! Must have been the groundsman's day off !!

From the programme the original quote was Friday Training before a home game 80/81 season. There are 12 players plus Geoff Hurst and Bobby Gould, so back then they knew the lineup early!