Carshalton Blue

Vintage Blues pictures and film

11 hours ago, The Leigh Limpet said:

Empty seats in the background, fast forward 35 years & despite their successes, they never seem to have a full house, when watching highlights on MOTD?.
Could understand it if it held 80,000, but 54,000 imo isn't a mega amount to fill each home game.
Even West Ham draw in more than them, & when did they last win anything......???

I remember when Man City were sometimes called the Chelsea of the North- overshadowed by neighbours, sleeping giants etc.

I haven’t seen to many kids or glory hunters walking round in City shirts in London since they’ve started winning things, which is a bit surprising.

I did like going to Maine Rd. Went to one of the last games played there in 2001/2002. Got the bus back to Deansgate after- full on Mancs- had a Blue is the Colour Ringtone on me phone which I forgot to turn off- luckily killed it after about two bars of the song before attracting the ire of the natives

9 hours ago, Boyne said:

Away to Shrewsbury in the FA Cup 

FB_IMG_1562676909399.jpg

I went there in the late 70’s , the day of the rampage though the DIY store.  Game lads though, our lot turned up in the side terrace before kick off and came a bit unstuck. 

On ‎08‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 21:57, chi blue said:

Mind you I think the pikies give free tickets away with packets of frosties.

Image result for frostiesA thought almost enough to put you off a bowl of Frosties. Nah, take much more than that ! :biggrin:

Edited by erskblue

2 hours ago, erskblue said:

Image result for ian britton chelsea fc Peter Osgood in action. The player about to 'tackle' Ossie, looks as if he is doing the Long Jump !

Looks like Billy Bremner about to tackle Ossie. Bremner was a dirty player but then so was the rest of the Leeds team at the time.

Image result for ian britton chelsea fc Ron Harris and Ian Britton of Chelsea in action. Is it v Charlton away ? Kenny Swain in background ?

Mick Flanagan there for Charlton. Think him and his strike partner Derek Hales once had a fight during a game.

Both bearded gyppo types

Edit: It was a cup tie v Maidstone. Hales didn’t make an easy pass, so Flanagan called him a one bollocked bastard.

They both got sent off.

Image result for ian britton chelsea fc Ron Harris and Ian Britton of Chelsea in action. Is it v Charlton away ? Kenny Swain in background ?

Is this the game which led to the away travel ban 76/77?

Edited by Ewell CFC

1 hour ago, Ewell CFC said:

Is this the game which led to the away travel ban 76/77?

No this is 1980 we won 2-1 and Ian Britton scores from the free kick. Really weird ground the valley then a bit like the bridge in some respects it had a massive open end to the right of the away end. We took the place over even running Charlton out of their end and presumably out of the ground because all that was left in the home end was a couple of hundred Chelsea. I've still got the programme.

WP_20190710_11_13_55_Pro.jpg

1 hour ago, bluehaze said:

No this is 1980 we won 2-1 and Ian Britton scores from the free kick. Really weird ground the valley then a bit like the bridge in some respects it had a massive open end to the right of the away end. We took the place over even running Charlton out of their end and presumably out of the ground because all that was left in the home end was a couple of hundred Chelsea. I've still got the programme.

WP_20190710_11_13_55_Pro.jpg

First time I went to the Valley was 82/83

Pretty sure the East Side terrace was still open. The blokes I went with remarked our end was not as full as previous trips.

Havent been there since 2004/2005 but a good meeting point was always the big pub by Waterloo East.

Edited by Ewell CFC

5 hours ago, Ewell CFC said:

First time I went to the Valley was 82/83

Pretty sure the East Side terrace was still open. The blokes I went with remarked our end was not as full as previous trips.

Havent been there since 2004/2005 but a good meeting point was always the big pub by Waterloo East.

I was at that game we lost 5-1 or something they had Alan Simonsen playing for them.