Carshalton Blue

Vintage Blues pictures and film

16 hours ago, Boyne said:

FB_IMG_1565715524986.jpg

FB_IMG_1565715537738.jpg

Chelsea briefs ( do I put on the men’s or ladies today.....)

The V Neck Lambswool jumper with pucker embroiled badge was a thing of beauty.

Disposable lighter was a bit lumpy for the time @ £1.50

1 hour ago, erskblue said:

A Chelsea Rosette at 30p but costing 20p postage !:biggrin:

Had a few Chelsea pennants as a kid.

After a Cup Final (I can't remember which one) I went into my local pub and wrapped a pennant around one of the beer pumps. I got a funny look from the landlord but as I was a regular he didn't mind. He may not have allowed a stranger to have done it. The landlord could be miserable old sod!

Found this. Fans celebrating us winning the Cup Winners Cup. A shame that there is no sound.

13 minutes ago, Boyne said:

After a Cup Final (I can't remember which one) I went into my local pub and wrapped a pennant around one of the beer pumps. I got a funny look from the landlord but as I was a regular he didn't mind. He may not have allowed a stranger to have done it. The landlord could be miserable old sod!

Found this. Fans celebrating us winning the Cup Winners Cup. A shame that there is no sound.

Brilliant find Boyne. I have vague memories of the game.

35 minutes ago, bluehaze said:

Brilliant find Boyne. I have vague memories of the game.

Thank you. I found it on one of the Chelsea forums on Facebook. Am guessing that it was filmed on an 8 or 16mm camera.

I remember watching the 1970 FA Cup Final and the replay but not the Cup Winners Cup Final the year after. Am guessing that it was on TV. If it was on TV it's possible that my parents wanted to watch something else!

1 hour ago, Boyne said:

Thank you. I found it on one of the Chelsea forums on Facebook. Am guessing that it was filmed on an 8 or 16mm camera.

I remember watching the 1970 FA Cup Final and the replay but not the Cup Winners Cup Final the year after. Am guessing that it was on TV. If it was on TV it's possible that my parents wanted to watch something else!

What I remember weirdly is the news at half time and them pulling back a late goal. I was 5 and it's my first real Chelsea memory even though a newsreader and an opposition goal are a little bit odd.

22 January 1966, Liverpool 1 Chelsea 2, FA Cup.

Remember Jimmy Tarbuck, Liverpool fan and host of Sunday Night at the London Palladium, reciting roses are red, violets are blue, Liverpool 1 Chelsea 2, then introducing the Chelsea team who were in the audience.

7541AC5B-E8BF-4EB1-9C9F-5F30697C93B6.jpeg

9 hours ago, Boyne said:

The first game vs Madrid was not shown on live television in the UK, but the replay was

18 hours ago, Boyne said:

Cheers for posting that.

On 14/08/2019 at 17:53, chelsea211 said:

16 December 2001, Chelsea 4 Liverpool 0.

00F46188-27B9-46CB-9B12-E43EF6E69799.jpeg

Remember this match well.

The days of Chelsea being a very solid top 6 side but inconsistent team.

19 hours ago, Ewan Hoozarmi said:

My Panini Football 86 sticker bookIMG_20190814_0004.jpgIMG_20190814_0002.jpgIMG_20190814_0003.jpg

Rare picture of Micky Thomas in the 85/86 kit. Didn’t play a game in that kit as his last game was against Norwich the previous season.