Vintage Blues pictures and film

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

12 minutes ago, bluehaze said:

Wimbledon away 89 I mentioned before I got locked out tried bunking in all parts of that sh ithole but to no avail. I don't know if keepers tops were available to buy back then bloody awful every one of them. And Frank pulling his shorts down ha ha.

EBKeH26XUAAKvlY.jpg

EA3qjePXoAEDEIK.jpg

EBhImp9XUAAeCT-.jpg

That game we were everywhere as usual. As Kerry came out to warm up there was a big cheer followed by One Kerry Dixon from the home end. Kerry looked over abit surprised and then acknowledged the fans when he realised it wasn’t a piss take!

1980072601 Chelsea 0-1 Tynecastle

The above programme was for Hearts v Chelsea  on Sat 26th July 1980.

Colin Viljoen scoring for us in the 70th min, 6128 saw it.  (6129 if I'd been allowed to go or rather 6130 as my old man would have to have taken me !))

I couldn't attend this one either. This due to it being in the middle of our family summer holiday.

And as a 13 year old I certainly wasn't allowed to leave early to attend, even though we'd family living in Edinburgh !

Edited by erskblue

31 minutes ago, Richard P said:

That game we were everywhere as usual. As Kerry came out to warm up there was a big cheer followed by One Kerry Dixon from the home end. Kerry looked over abit surprised and then acknowledged the fans when he realised it wasn’t a piss take!

Was at that Wimbledon game. Queued up for bloody ages to get in and because of the reaction to Hillsborough the season before, and our usual vast numbers, the kick-off was delayed.

I can't say I actually saw Kevin Wilson's header go in on the day, thanks to the poxy view from the away end.

I think it was our only ever win there too.

1 hour ago, bluehaze said:

Wimbledon away 89 I mentioned before I got locked out tried bunking in all parts of that sh ithole but to no avail. I don't know if keepers tops were available to buy back then bloody awful every one of them. And Frank pulling his shorts down ha ha.

EBKeH26XUAAKvlY.jpg

EA3qjePXoAEDEIK.jpg

EBhImp9XUAAeCT-.jpg

Some of the keepers tops back then were 'colourful'' to say the least !

16 hours ago, pamery said:

The first game vs Madrid was not shown on live television in the UK, but the replay was

Neither was the following years 1971/72 European Cup Winners Cup Final between Glasgow Rangers and Dynamo Moscow.

Scotland were playing Wales at Hampden in a Home International Match the same night and the SFA didn't want the live match to affect the Scotland attendance.

So it was highlights only of the match, shown later in the evening.

2 hours ago, erskblue said:

Neither was the following years 1971/72 European Cup Winners Cup Final between Glasgow Rangers and Dynamo Moscow.

Scotland were playing Wales at Hampden in a Home International Match the same night and the SFA didn't want the live match to affect the Scotland attendance.

So it was highlights only of the match, shown later in the evening.

I know a couple of people who were at the European Cup Winners Cup final in 1972. The trophy was presented to Rangers in the dressing room as there had been a pitch invasion by Rangers fans and then a fight between them and the Spanish police. From what I've head and heard the Rangers fans won the fight.

IMG_0242.jpg The teams from that match programme Sept 67 v Clydebank. Ours was certainly strong ! Played at New Kilbowie Park, Clydebank, with a 9000 attendance .My old man would certainly have been in attendance.

A very local Chelsea match for him.

We won 4-1, with Bobby Tambling scoring three and Jim Thomson the other.

Edited by erskblue

Image result for clydebank v chelsea 1967 We also played them just six weeks before !  A 2-2 draw !! Attendance: 7,000

Our scorers that night were Tommy Baldwin, and Peter Osgood

Think our then manager, Tommy Docherty, must have liked playing Scottish clubs as it allowed him to come back north.

Edited by erskblue

Just thinking that Eddie Mac had played for both Drumchapel and Clydebank Juniors before turning professional with East Stirling.

Image result for east stirlingshire v chelsea 1963

We also played East Stirling on 28th Oct 63 .

These games might have been part of the Eddie Mac transfer deal.

The 1964/65 season in Scotland featured the highly unusual anomaly of a new football club created by means of a merger. In a move more akin to American Major League Baseball than Scottish Second Division football, East Stirlingshire and Clydebank Juniors, whose grounds were 32 miles apart, merged to form East Stirlingshire Clydebank.

https://beyondthelastman.com/2018/02/27/the-merger-that-shook-scottish-football-the-es-clydebank-story/