Carshalton Blue

Vintage Blues pictures and film

programme cover for Chelsea v Everton, Saturday, 12th Oct 1985 Now there is an iconic Chelsea photo,

We beat reigning Champions Everton 2-1 on Sat, 12th Oct 1985

Our scorers:Dixon 4th and Speedie 40th.

Eventful match. We missed a pen in the 21st min when Nigel Spackman hit the spot kick over the bar. 

In the 57th min Everton's Scotland striker Graeme Sharp put his spot kick wide.  (Thankfully for us !)

Everton keeper Neville Southall was sent off in the 60th min for his second bookable offence,

Only one sub remember back then and for Everton that day it was Adrian Heath. Who wasn't used until the 74th min. 

27,634 saw it and after this win we were 3rd in Division 1.

In the great whose behind gary chivers debate ,I’m in the 100% Colin pates camp 😀

As an aside I’m Not sure Dixon and Nevin are that bothered by what John hollins is rambling on  about 

Yes I did have that Grimsby programme if it was against Oldham then it was the last game of the 79-80 season and Nutton and Pates both played !!. We would have got promoted if Micky Droy had stayed fit and hadn't missed the last few games of the season. I remember a couple of mates went to the Swansea 1-1 game where ultimately we lost the chance of automatic promotion. I remember the Oldham game the benches were cheering all the time they were following the Notts- County- Birmingham game that finished 3-3.

WP_20191012_09_43_24_Pro.jpg

1 hour ago, bluehaze said:

Still not sure if it's Pates or Nutton 

FB_IMG_1564427596584.thumb.jpg.7289868d1bfe819500bda83360a81e4a.jpg

I can still remember all those pictures from my sticker book, it's like I'm back in 1980 as a 10/11 year old, funny how things stick in your brain, everything Chelsea does anyway, not so sure everything my Mrs says does though!!!! 

15 hours ago, erskblue said:

Image result for chelsea 1980/81

Coincidentally, this game was shown on BT Sport overnight. We played some superb stuff that day.

The night before they showed our home defeat to Leeds a few weeks before we met them in the FA cup final in 1970. I'd never seen the game before. 

We lost 5-2 to a very powerful Leeds, and I always assumed we were battered, but it was a much closer game than I expected.

Bonetti was out and Tommy Hughes was in goal. 

Ossie was guilty of. Gerrard-style starfish dive, but the ref wasn't fooled. He gave Leeds a soft pen for handball when Dempsey's arm was by his side.

18 hours ago, erskblue said:

Image result for chelsea 1980/81

SEPTEMBER 3rd 1980 : Action in the Cardiff City goalmouth during the League Cup Round Second Leg between Chelsea and Cardiff at Stamford Bridge.

Wonder how many would get the two Chelsea players in the picture?

On 09/10/2019 at 23:57, Scott said:

Jason never wanted to go to sp*rs.

There was a rumour doing the rounds at the time that he'd landed one on Ian Porterfield on the way back from Sunderland, after we'd been knocked out of the FA Cup in 92. It was pretty well known that he never wanted to leave Chelsea, as he came from a staunch Chelsea family, in a very Chelsea part of London.

9 hours ago, erskblue said:

programme cover for Chelsea v Everton, Saturday, 12th Oct 1985 Now there is an iconic Chelsea photo,

We beat reigning Champions Everton 2-1 on Sat, 12th Oct 1985

Our scorers:Dixon 4th and Speedie 40th.

Eventful match. We missed a pen in the 21st min when Nigel Spackman hit the spot kick over the bar. 

In the 57th min Everton's Scotland striker Graeme Sharp put his spot kick wide.  (Thankfully for us !)

Everton keeper Neville Southall was sent off in the 60th min for his second bookable offence,

Only one sub remember back then and for Everton that day it was Adrian Heath. Who wasn't used until the 74th min. 

27,634 saw it and after this win we were 3rd in Division 1.

Was in the shed that day. Still laughing at the attendance! 

15 hours ago, Richard P said:

Was in the shed that day. Still laughing at the attendance! 

I just wonder what many of the actual attendances were back then ? 

The clubs would have to give true attendances, when all seated stadiums came in during the 1990s.

programme cover for Chelsea v Bolton Wanderers, Saturday, 14th Oct 1978Saturday, 14th Oct 1978.  Now this is a comeback.  Half Time: 0 - 3 to Bolton.  19,879 saw it.

Result: Won 4 - 3 :laugh2:

Our scorers: Langley 72, Swain 84, Walker 87, Allardyce (O.G) 89

David Hay's last game for us.