Jump to content

Carshalton Blue

Vintage Blues pictures and film

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Ewell CFC said:

 

Funny I didn’t go to that game, but caught up with a mate later that night that went. He said that they were a Patrick kagoule firm which wasn’t much of a compliment

Same as Leeds. I have mentioned this before I think Patrick were a definite b grade label not quite the Winfield football boots compared to Adidas but still a cheap label. If anyone here had one I apologise it's just my opinion not a slur.

Edited by bluehaze

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, bluehaze said:

Same as Leeds. I have mentioned this before I think Patrick were a definite b grade label not quite the Winfield football boots compared to Adidas but still a cheap label. If anyone here had one I apologise it's just my opinion not a slur.

Pretty sure Patrick boots were made popular by Kevin Keegan.

Yeah had a Patrick rain jacket, but never had Patrick boots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Ewell CFC said:

 

Funny I didn’t go to that game, but caught up with a mate later that night that went. He said that they were a Patrick kagoule firm which wasn’t much of a compliment

Image result for patrick cagoule retro Here you go :laugh2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, bluehaze said:

Yeah I was there if you look at the picture as I remember that was their firm in the far corner of the stand surrounded by old bill. They got ran into the corner loads of them wearing Patrick jackets.

I was in the seats down by the home end. If you watch the game on you tube at the start of the game it’s full of Cardiff. By the time Spackers scores the penalty it’s just Chelsea! There was trouble in our seats because Cardiff were in them as well. I remember people seeing Batesy and complaining and in the end we had to convince them to leave our section!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

programme cover for Charlton Athletic v Chelsea, Wednesday, 23rd Oct 1985 Wednesday, 23rd Oct 1985 Full Members Cup - Mini League / Round Robin played at Selhurst Park, we won 3-1 .

All goals scored in the last 12 mns. Pat Nevin 78th and 90th and David Speedie 88th min.  Watched by just 3,714 spectators.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

   Our home game v Brentford on Saturday, 23rd Oct 1937 at 3.15pm saw a massive crowd of 56,810 !

I wondered why ?

So did a little research, okay so I looked at a couple of very good Chelsea history sites.:smile:

bounder.friardale and stamfordbridge.com respectively.

We were top of Division 1  on 17 points. Brentford were a single point behind on 16 points and only by goal average from Wolves !

We won 2-1 .  Bambrick 7th and Argue 30th mins, our two goal scorers.

We went to Bolton he following Saturday and drew 5-5 !

Brentford won their game and so went top of Division 1 on goal average from us.

They stayed top until Sat 19th Feb 1938,

They eventually finished 6th, six points behind Arsenal. We finished in 10th place.

I had no idea that Brentford had ever been that good in the top division.

 

Edited by erskblue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"erskblue" – Great pic of Dennis Rofe, that's probably the "sharpest" he ever looked, do you remember some of the jackets he wore when he first joined us?  I did admire his energy and commitment.

 

"Big Doug" – The last article I read of Doug, he was about to go up in front of "the Beak" for assaulting a "Mook" who had given "Mrs Doug" a hard time.  I'd be genuinely grateful to learn if he got off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, fishCFC said:

"erskblue" – Great pic of Dennis Rofe, that's probably the "sharpest" he ever looked, do you remember some of the jackets he wore when he first joined us?  I did admire his energy and commitment.

 

"Big Doug" – The last article I read of Doug, he was about to go up in front of "the Beak" for assaulting a "Mook" who had given "Mrs Doug" a hard time.  I'd be genuinely grateful to learn if he got off. 

Image result for dennis rofe chelsea The shirt Dennis is wearing in this photo is certainly 'different' !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...