Carshalton Blue

Vintage Blues pictures and film

programme cover for Chelsea v Oxford United, Saturday, 31st Oct 1987Chelsea FC Player Eddie Niedzwiecki

We won 2-1.

However it was Eddie's last game for us. Sadly.

After a serious knee injury sustained in a match v QPR in 1986, Eddie took a full 8 months to return to full fitness.

He was injured in this game v Oxford in 31st Oct 87  in the 84th min and John Coady won as sub took over in goal from him.

Eddie was a very good keeper for us and it was gutting for him that he had to retire aged just 28.

Eddie will always be fondly remembered by Chelsea fans of 'a certain vintage'.

22 hours ago, bluehaze said:

EFH_emdVAAEQZuH.jpg

EFHsSZLVUAEoYPI.jpg

EFHpqCmUEAUz1ho.jpg

EFH-KBjVUAAJmiP.jpg

EFH6qm8VAAAbUG_.jpg

EFH4afbVUAAP1bG.jpg

EFH8qoDU8AIqQ1f.jpg

Check out the two tone four by two’s on the fella queuing for the boys turnstile.

Pure 71 smooothie look. I reckon these photos are part of the batch by David Nicholson. The fella looks suspiciously like one of the group photo taken at Eel Brook Common.

Still bugs me that he never released all those hundreds of pics

59 minutes ago, Ewell CFC said:

Check out the two tone four by two’s on the fella queuing for the boys turnstile.

Pure 71 smooothie look. I reckon these photos are part of the batch by David Nicholson. The fella looks suspiciously like one of the group photo taken at Eel Brook Common.

Still bugs me that he never released all those hundreds of pics

I enlarged one of the pics and it says photo by and it looks like a foreign name I can't quite make it out even with my reading bins on. Last picture young kid with a tank top on I had one very similar about 73 ha ha. One of my cousins sent my sister a photo of me and my family at a wedding recently from 75 my brother was wearing and talk about different times and there's no polite way of saying it a golliwog shirt.