Carshalton Blue

Vintage Blues pictures and film

3 hours ago, erskblue said:
Image result for chelsea 1977 
1976 / 1977 Second Division - Chelsea 3 Southampton 1.

Chelsea's Steve Finnieston celebrates scoring his goal with teammamte Ray Lewington.

That's what the original picture captions states

Good gate that night. In me brothers long lost scrapbook the Daily Express backpage headline “ Chelsea are on their way up- and 42,000 know it”

Amazing how we get that every week now and for big games could double it if we had the capacity.

16 hours ago, erskblue said:

Image result for chelsea 1978Related image

That Wimbledon game was the first time I went to Plough Lane.  The next time soon after we got chased all over the place by Pompey after coming back from Southampton on Boxing Day. 

4 hours ago, Ewell CFC said:

Good gate that night. In me brothers long lost scrapbook the Daily Express backpage headline “ Chelsea are on their way up- and 42,000 know it”

Amazing how we get that every week now and for big games could double it if we had the capacity.

Incredible game that, the ground just kept filling up, no-one was expecting it.  It was a Saturday by the way. 

23 hours ago, erskblue said:

Image result for chelsea 1978Related image

Remember that scoreboard picture in the next home programme after that Coventry game. It was the first time it had been used, even though Tommy got the first goal we lost 1-3! We scored a lot of 1st goals 78/79 but went on to draw or lose. Who can forget we only won 3 games out of 21 at home and 2 away out of 21!!

Full Members Cup Final in 1986. Still one of my favourite days and victories at Wembley. A mate of mine who is a City fan and was at the game left when we were winning 5-1. He heard a cheer when he was outside and thought Chelsea had scored a sixth. Was surprised when he arrived home and discovered that the the final score was 5-4.

Image may contain: one or more people, crowd, stadium and outdoor

13 hours ago, Ewell CFC said:

Pretty much every Micky Droy photo his shirt looks too small for him. Umbro obviously didn’t stock man mountain size.

I was at Coventry for his last game. We wore white and he was wearing a pair of what looked like Villa home shorts, probably bought from a sports shop!!