Carshalton Blue

Vintage Blues pictures and film

programme cover for Chelsea v Bolton Wanderers, Saturday, 30th Nov 1963 Bolton again on 30th Nov !   This time in 1963.   We won 4-0 in front of a crowd of  19,969.

Our scorers: Frank Blunstone in the 41st and 45 mins,  Bert Murray 47th min and Bobby Tambling in the 87th min,

programme cover for Chelsea v Leeds United, Saturday, 30th Nov 1968 A 1-1 with Leeds on 30th Nov 1968.   Two late goals.   We scored in the 88th min through Peter Osgood,

This equalised Mike O Grady's goal for them in the 86th min.   A really surprising stat: Only one player booked. !  Yes just one  !   Leeds Paul Reaney .

A crowd of  43,286 saw it.

Loving the Luton defenders Adidas trainers 😀 Plus the picture with wee Pat above ,he’s wearing a CFC  home shirt and away shorts by the looks of it,slightly odd 

Great pictures as always Ersk 

2 minutes ago, F1905 said:

Loving the Luton defenders Adidas trainers 😀 Plus the picture with wee Pat above ,he’s wearing a CFC  home shirt and away shorts by the looks of it,slightly odd 

Great pictures as always Ersk 

No problem mate. Yeah odd strip combination by Wee Pat, but kinda fits in with his 'sense of style' back then !

Leeds at home ,Ah the return of the edge and bono !  And even the stewards look like they’ve stepped off the terraces 

I was up in Leeds on Thursday for a family funeral and the crematorium was just passed Elland road ,brought back some good memories ....bit odd though sitting in the back of a hearse humming “we all hate Leeds and Leeds “🤪

More great pictures ,the state of the Wembley pitch after the horse of the year show ,blimey ,knew it was bad but that picture with Eddie grey and David Webb ,the pitch is just mud and more mud

5 minutes ago, F1905 said:

More great pictures ,the state of the Wembley pitch after the horse of the year show ,blimey ,knew it was bad but that picture with Eddie grey and David Webb ,the pitch is just mud and more mud

Yeah mud indeed.

I try and picture some of the present day players with their 'yellow or light blue boots' trying to play on those pitches !:biggrin:

27 minutes ago, F1905 said:

Leeds at home ,Ah the return of the edge and bono !  And even the stewards look like they’ve stepped off the terraces 

I was up in Leeds on Thursday for a family funeral and the crematorium was just passed Elland road ,brought back some good memories ....bit odd though sitting in the back of a hearse humming “we all hate Leeds and Leeds “🤪

Yup, Bono getting in some practice for Live Aid at Wembley a year or so later.

The copper doesn't look as if he's really bothered about the celebrations moving from the terracing onto the pitch.:biggrin:

13 hours ago, erskblue said:

Image result for chelsea supporters  1980s

David Speedie celebrates a goal.

THAT kit 😎

Still got my home and away shirts from that season. They seem to have shrunk two sizes though...

2 hours ago, erskblue said:

Image result for luton v chelsea  1980Image result for luton v chelsea  1980Image result for luton v chelsea  1980

I've still got the programme mad day. I was 14 loads of ice on the terraces I could only see the top of the goal, got badly crushed getting in we didn't know there was a kids entrance and I've never seen so many geezers still clearly pissed or with hangovers. And of course Fillery scoring the first goal of the 1980's which was something we boasted about at school .

programme cover for Chelsea v Liverpool, Saturday, 1st Dec 1984

Saturday, 1st December 1984,     We beat Liverpool 3-1.      In front of a crowd of 40,972.

Our scorers were:   King Kerry Dixon 10th, Joe McLaughlin 49th and David, Speedie 76th mins.

programme cover for Chelsea v Tottenham Hotspur, Saturday, 1st Dec 1990

Saturday, 1st Dec 1990.     We beat Spuds 3-2 at The Bridge.     In front of a crowd of 33,478.

Our scorers: King Kerry Dixon 5th, John Bumstead 44th and Gordon Durie 56th mins respectively.

John Bumstead's last goal for us.

Again not a bad place to score it and v them !

Gary Lineker put a penalty over the bar for them in the 55th min, thankfully !