Carshalton Blue

Vintage Blues pictures and film

5 hours ago, The Rising Sun said:

The supporters club magazine run by the late Ron Hockings

IMG_20191212_003952_kindlephoto-2109513.jpg

I didn’t know Ron Hockings was behind that. Possibly the most loyal Chelsea fan ever and a nice bloke

programme cover for Chelsea v Wolverhampton Wanderers, Saturday, 11th Dec 197619761211.jpg

Some game this one.  A 3-3 draw with Wolves at The Bridge on Sat 11th Dec 1976

Our scorers; Ray Wilkins 19th min, Ian Britton 80th min and Jock Finnieston 87th min.

A crowd of 36,137  saw it and were thoroughly entertained.

John Richards 17th, 71st and Bobby, Gould 38th scored for Wolves,,

30 minutes ago, erskblue said:

That's a great picture.

Isn’t it just ,one of the best recently posted .i bet the four cameramen behind the goal might want to warm their proverbials up after 90 minutes of sitting on snow .Love the movement of the keeper and the ball boy 

1 minute ago, F1905 said:

Isn’t it just ,one of the best recently posted .i bet the four cameramen behind the goal might want to warm their proverbials up after 90 minutes of sitting on snow .Love the movement of the keeper and the ball boy 

480ead137349b80565ac56f193eaa0bc.jpg

8 hours ago, The Rising Sun said:

Edition of old fanzine after the Wembley win against Luton, setting us up for United in Final

IMG_20191212_002502_kindlephoto-1290775.jpg

Blimey Cockney Rebel I bought a couple of issues was sold by an old geezer as I recall I think he produced it by himself.

8 hours ago, The Rising Sun said:

Dunno if this has been posted before ? 

480ead137349b80565ac56f193eaa0bc.jpg

Why are so many people in the left hand corner I wonder ?. Plenty of space in the Shed although the white wall and middle covered bit looks pretty full.

40 minutes ago, bluehaze said:

Why are so many people in the left hand corner I wonder ?. Plenty of space in the Shed although the white wall and middle covered bit looks pretty full.

Maybe there was a famous Hughie Gallagher/ Stanley Matthews type winger playing and they wanted to be close to the action. You’d think they’d want to get in the middle and huddle up like a load of penguins, taking turns to be on the outside.

Cant remember who we were playing but remember freezing my nuts off by the tea bar circa 81. There was a bloke nearby complaining that his feet were like ice cubes. Next thing he’s taken his shoes off and put his mittens on his feet which made everyone laugh.

Also remember being really cold at Barnsley even though the game was in early November, and once at Craven Cottage- can get super nippy there when the winds coming off the river.

Fulham was fun when it was foggy too.

One friday night they were playing Southampton and me and a mate went in the Putney End to check out the Soton away following, we weren't impressed.  You couldn't see the other end in the fog and at half time we went up the Thamesbank, told our Fulham mates and they went round to have a go.  They soon came running back calling us a pair of c**ts saying they'd been annihilated by 'men with beards'.  Down at Putney Bridge station afterwards we could see what they meant.

Edited by Peckham Blue

1 hour ago, Ewell CFC said:

Maybe there was a famous Hughie Gallagher/ Stanley Matthews type winger playing and they wanted to be close to the action. You’d think they’d want to get in the middle and huddle up like a load of penguins, taking turns to be on the outside.

Cant remember who we were playing but remember freezing my nuts off by the tea bar circa 81. There was a bloke nearby complaining that his feet were like ice cubes. Next thing he’s taken his shoes off and put his mittens on his feet which made everyone laugh.

Also remember being really cold at Barnsley even though the game was in early November, and once at Craven Cottage- can get super nippy there when the winds coming off the river.

Oldham and Cardiff coldest places I've ever been Stoke probably getting the bronze.

41 minutes ago, bluehaze said:

Oldham and Cardiff coldest places I've ever been Stoke probably getting the bronze.

Can't argue with Oldham, probably the coldest game I've ever been to, 79. Honourable mentions for Luton 76 a Friday night near Christmas, Olympiakos away 2008ish, kept in the ground for an hour on the night that Athens had seen it's biggest snowfall in many years, dressed like holidaymakers. One that I missed was Sheffield Utd away, on a Friday night in 76/77, my mate who went told of a heater less train all the way home. 

3 hours ago, Ewell CFC said:

Huddle up like a load of penguins ,quality line 😀 The coldest for me is actually in non league circles Banstead away ,even in late  April or early August,even if the rest of the uk is sweltering Banstead is like Siberia 

8 minutes ago, F1905 said:

Huddle up like a load of penguins ,quality line 😀 The coldest for me is actually in non league circles Banstead away ,even in late  April or early August,even if the rest of the uk is sweltering Banstead is like Siberia 

Tooting & Mitcham can be pretty cold when the wind blows through those high opened back ends.

3 hours ago, F1905 said:

Ha. The graveyard Banstead used to be known as! In the middle of Merland Rise council estate, with the social club full of pissheads attached. Very chilly, a bit like Chipstead FC up the road. When we had that snowy winter a couple of years back games were getting called off a couple of weeks after it had thawed out everywhere else. They’re both pretty high up by Greater London standards.