Vintage Blues pictures and film

Football, London, England, 30th January 1971, League Division One ...

30th January 1971, League Division One, Chelsea 4 v West Bromwich Albion 1,

Part of the Stamford Bridge terrace is roped off as precautions are taken following the Ibrox Park disaster in Glasgow in which over 60 people were killed when a crash barrier collapsed.

(Photo by Popperfoto via Getty Images/Getty Images)

Original photo caption.

2 hours ago, erskblue said:

Football, London, England, 30th January 1971, League Division One ...

30th January 1971, League Division One, Chelsea 4 v West Bromwich Albion 1,

Part of the Stamford Bridge terrace is roped off as precautions are taken following the Ibrox Park disaster in Glasgow in which over 60 people were killed when a crash barrier collapsed.

(Photo by Popperfoto via Getty Images/Getty Images)

Original photo caption.

To be honest I don't remember that section of terracing ever being opened, since I started going in early 80's, there was a picture on here a few months ago where it's open for the 88 play off final v Boro, I don't remember that and I was in Shed that day. 

4 hours ago, chi blue said:

To be honest I don't remember that section of terracing ever being opened, since I started going in early 80's, there was a picture on here a few months ago where it's open for the 88 play off final v Boro, I don't remember that and I was in Shed that day. 

Back in the 70's that area was supposed to be a childrens' or families enclosure.  I do remember watching the Boxing Day match with Webby in goal from there.

On 10/04/2020 at 09:18, The Rising Sun said:

chelsea-victory-parade-spectators-24866084.jpg

Ah hum, better check out the top picture that has Fred Wades clothes shop in the photo which is opposite where s***s use to start their victory parades in N9 not far from N1* 

11 hours ago, chi blue said:

After 77/78 season the original terrace barriers were replaced and new concrete steps made. Due to lack of money, the shed end east corner and the top corner of the north stand by the west stand were closed. 

The Boro game people jumped over Into the closed area  as it was so packed in the shed.

3 minutes ago, Richard P said:

After 77/78 season the original terrace barriers were replaced and new concrete steps made. Due to lack of money, the shed end east corner and the top corner of the north stand by the west stand were closed. 

The Boro game people jumped over Into the closed area  as it was so packed in the shed.

Me and mate did that with a few others when we played Liverpool in first season back in div 1 84/84, he ripped his Lois cords, climbing over, police told us to jump back, shed was so packed we struggled to see anything after that. Won 3-1 if memory serves me though